Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: Forget clubbing and go ballroom, swing, jazz, etc. dancing

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    Used to go to a salsa club because it was packed with girls but I stopped going because I cant salsa dance and I'm not about to pay for lessons and invest serious time into that just to get an in with girls.

It seemed to me that in order to get into this scene you habe to actually love the dancing aspect and I just can't get into it like that, dancing doesn't appeal to me. More power to those of you that do love it though, it does seem like a great "in"
    YOu don't really have to be a great dancer tho (I wasn't). Just know enough to get by. My main objective was to try to eventually get the girl really close to me, I didn't go there with the intention to 'dance'

Used to go to a salsa club because it was packed with girls but I stopped going because I cant salsa dance and I'm not about to pay for lessons and invest serious time into that just to get an in with girls.

It seemed to me that in order to get into this scene you habe to actually love the dancing aspect and I just can't get into it like that, dancing doesn't appeal to me. More power to those of you that do love it though, it does seem like a great "in"
    Salsa is not really easy for a beginner, Merengue is much easier for someone who can't dance or doesn't have any experience with it imo. That said, I'm pathetic at both, which really sucks when your gf is Venezuelan.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

[QUOTE=andgar923]YOu don't really have to be a great dancer tho (I wasn't). Just know enough to get by. My main objective was to try to eventually get the girl really close to me, I didn't go there with the intention to 'dance'

Idk, at the salsa club I went to you def had to know a little somethin

Salsa might be different though, some of the guys could do some seriously fancy shit...I suspect the guys that were amazing at it were gay though lol.
    That's sometimes the case, but more even commonly it's the other way around. Latin women usually associate being good at dancing with being good in bed.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky
    That's sometimes the case, but more even commonly it's the other way around. Latin women usually associate being good at dancing with being good in bed.
    Yeah, understandable...lots of hip movement involved

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Idk, at the salsa club I went to you def had to know a little somethin

Salsa might be different though, some of the guys could do some seriously fancy shit...I suspect the guys that were amazing at it were gay though lol.
    Here's the trick

This is something I've been thinking about lately. I really want to learn ballroom. That's something that will come in handy down the road. I can't imagine being with a girl and at like 40 or 50 going to a night club.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    This is something I've been thinking about lately. I really want to learn ballroom. That's something that will come in handy down the road. I can't imagine being with a girl and at like 40 or 50 going to a night club.
    I say go for it.

I went back today because I had a free 1 on 1 lesson scheduled after last Friday. Danced for a little bit at the open dance floor, but left early due to work in the morning (and medical shit before work) and already having a date scheduled for Friday with the girl I hit it off with last time I went.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    People shit on me for saying this, but the best place to see girls is a coffee shop or bookstore. Then you know they can read.

It's not really like you can go up and ask them to dance, but it's not that hard to start talking with someone.

I'm tellin' ya...

-Smak
    I used to travel to LA a lot and i remember someone telling me to go pick up girls in Borders. It was true too, you could walk over and start talking.

   

damn, i need some wing-men like this.

I just saw a performance by my university's ballroom dance troop--the ladies have the sexiest posture (I know that sounds weird)...I wouldn't mind going dancing (ballroom, swing, jazz, etc.) if I had a partner to go with that could dance.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I saw plenty of 40 and 50 year old women at the local lounge/club.

Besides chicks dig older guys.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    What a bunch of queers.

I go to clubs to hook up end of story. I want to finger bang the bitch on the floor, grab her tits and ass right there and then.

SMH @ the " low class" comment. You don't go to clubs to meet your lifamate, you go to F*ck.

Now if you want the best of both worlds, you go to salsa clubs.

ROFL@ swing

Only reason I go to clubs