Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-17-2007, 01:36 PM   #106
elementally morale
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Pippen comeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
I'm sure he'll give you the "Jordan was my favorite player; I grew up in Chicago" speech, but it's pretty clear that he has an agenda in looking only at one side of Jordan's Wizards tenure.

It is usually pretty clear to us that someone is short-sighted, one-sided and has an agenda in case he has a different opinion, right? :
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:03 PM   #107
Loki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
It is usually pretty clear to us that someone is short-sighted, one-sided and has an agenda in case he has a different opinion, right? :

No, but when you only look at one side of an issue, it's clear. He basically listed every negative thing -- or everything that could even be construed as negative -- about Jordan's time with Washington while ignoring the other side. The side that amazes many people.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:10 PM   #108
gts
shhhhhhh

Quote:
No, but when you only look at one side of an issue, it's clear. He basically listed every negative thing -- or everything that could even be construed as negative -- about Jordan's time with Washington while ignoring the other side. The side that amazes many people.
anytime a player of pippens age tries to make a comback the negatives are the primary focus of the conversation, do you think that any GM that is considering signing pippen is not gonna look at the negatives? so in looking at pippens current status when you look back at other athletes who have tried to comeback it's only natural to look at the down side of such attempts..
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:42 PM   #109
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:

Exactly. And he will take shots at Jordan in order to prop Bryant. I've honestly never seen that type of behavior in a Jordan "fan" before and guess what? It's not just Knoe Itawl the "haater" who's noticed it. Loki is a well respected poster and he's seen it, as have other posters. I suspect Mamba says he's a fan so that when he slobs Kobe down at Jordan's expense he can say "And I'm the biggest Jordan fan ever!! I'm just calling it how I see it"

Bottom line is, I can't see any way a person who grew up a big Jordan fan, blah blah blah could only dwell on negative aspects of Jordan's comeback and not see the things he did that were truly impressive.

Last edited by Knoe Itawl : 02-17-2007 at 02:46 PM.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:49 PM   #110
MiseryCityTexas
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword.Dragons
This is just rumours like Kemp or Rodman coming back, its not gonna happen.

its true. these guys actually do wanna make a comeback, but gms arent stupid enough to sign these old farts to a deal.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:51 PM   #111
hotsizzle
Superstar

Well, I can see what Loki/Knoe are saying and I'm not trying to say MJ was considered horrible when he came back but like loki said.."you have to keep things in perspective" and your average fan or at least the youngins at the time that watched Kobe, Tmac, Pierce, etc...may get the notion that "so what, Jordan looked normal with compared them". No one could ever have that notion when MJ played in his prime...he was superhuman and thats how his legacy was considered. It was to tough to see Jordan having a weakness you know. I dont know, maybe its just me, but watching Jordan tapes in the 90s compared to what he was doing with the Wiz was depressing. It is impressive like I said before considering the numbers he put up but imo, he should have stayed retired...no?

Last edited by hotsizzle : 02-17-2007 at 02:53 PM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:04 PM   #112
adamballs
Not airballing my layups anymore

Scottie must have seen the new rocky movie...
adamballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 04:44 PM   #113
Lakerz_Forever
Made that high school varsity squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamballs
Scottie must have seen the new rocky movie...

ahahahahahahahah
Lakerz_Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:26 PM   #114
The Mamba
High School Starter

Quote:
I didn't ignore the other side. I said he gave kids the business from time to time. You chose to ignore that, because you were being ultra defensive over Michael Jordan and what I said. I didn't make anything up in what I posted. We were arguing over the fact that his Wizard stint sort of left a more diluted taste to his illustrious career. I had to bring then negatives up in order to disagree with you. I don't know where you were in between the years of 9/2001 - 4/2003 but after all was said and done, and to this day, many people hated the fact MJ came back. But in all honesty, where is the bias and/or agenda? The only one with an agenda or bias is you. And are you insinuating I'm lying when I saw I grew up in Chicago and MJ was my favorite player of all-time? He was then, and he is today, and I'm still objective enough to realize that the end of his Wizards tenure wasn't the most ideal way to end his career. Whether he was 40 or not, whether people expected young MJ or not, he didn't even play up to the standard of 1998 Michael "Air" Jordan. He was just a good players, amongst other good players when he reitred in 2003. He certainly wasn't "MJ", aka the "GOD of Bball".

You seriously are going to skew how he played, and what he did and make it sound like he was the MVP of the league and he was clowning players left and right? Because that just wasn't the case. Within his Wizard stint was the first time I'd ever see MJ score below double digits in a basketball game. He came back knowing he wasn't going to be his usual self, being older and all, and I'm sure MJ would admit to not looking even remotely close to the legend who played from 1984 - 1998. So yes, his stint as the old man in 23 in those ugly aqua blue unis did leave a bad taste in alot of people's mouths. Hell, getting a pitty party in order to start in his last ASG?! He wasn't even voted in, and he has been pretty much the most popular basketball player of all-time. Tell me his Wizard stint didn't tarnish the ending he had, and you're a basketball retard.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:30 PM   #115
T-Low
College superstar

I think Pippen could give a good run with a team...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #116
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Pippen needs to stay home. He doesnt have game anymore. Old, looks frail. He just wants some easy guranteed money and to latch onto another team because he misses the atmosphere. Probably bored sitting home watching TV and occasionally commentating on the game.

UNLESS when he worked out with Tyrus Thomas he saw how easy it was to whore him. Hmmmm :
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: