Page 114 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1464104111112113114115116117124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2288
    Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

Default Re: Illinois Fan Thread.

I wouldn't rule out Demetri staying in the draft. It's a little weak on point guards and I wouldn't be stunned if he was able to work his way into the first round. Gun to my head, I'd say the same thing though: he'll enter his name (no real reason not to) but probably not get a first-round promise and come back for his senior year. He still has to get better defensively and get a little bit quicker.

Ugly win, but I'll take it. Win two more and we're safe.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame414
    Ugly win, but I'll take it. Win two more and we're safe.
    So much for winning 2 more. Can we get a sweep of OSU and Wisconsin? Doesn't seem likely.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Why is it so hard for us to get any calls? I know we take a lot of jumpers, but sometimes it's ridiculous what gets a whistle for the opponent vs. what we get.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Why is it so hard for us to get any calls? I know we take a lot of jumpers, but sometimes it's ridiculous what gets a whistle for the opponent vs. what we get.
    I agree. They missed a bunch of calls that I saw. The push on Tisdale at the end of the half and the backcourt violation on Turner, and DJ had a couple go uncalled to name a few. Oh well, no point complaining about the refs. Win against Wisconsin or no tournament. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    I agree. They missed a bunch of calls that I saw. The push on Tisdale at the end of the half and the backcourt violation on Turner, and DJ had a couple go uncalled to name a few. Oh well, no point complaining about the refs. Win against Wisconsin or no tournament. Simple as that.

Yeah I don't want to complain about the refs too much, we lost that game by ourselves but a 5 to 24 free throw disparity? Come on now. I did feel like Tisdale was getting called for every little touch foul for anyone that drove to the hoop.

I think the problem lately is that we have not been good with teams that have pressed us. I didn't watch the Minnesota game but it gave us trouble tonight and against Purdue. Michigan mounted a comeback with a press as well. The only person to be able to break through is Demitri and he can't be on the floor for the entire game. Not only that, even if we don't have a strong ball handler, I've been rather unimpressed by our ability to pass through the press. It should be basketball 101 on how to pass through a press and we can't do it.

That coupled with our inability to get to the line spells doom for us. How we let Diebler go off from long distance again is beyond me. I guess we were spending so much energy on collapsing on Evan Turner, we gambled that Diebler couldn't go that hot again against us... boy were we wrong.

I just hope against Wisconsin we cover Bohannon, Nankivill, or whoever else they have that can get hot from long distance or we're in for another long night.

ugh... Why does it always feel like we're shooting ourselves in the foot.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Such a promising start........we have to play better at home and not lose by double-digits.

They need at least 1 or 2 wins in the Big 10 tourney to solidify a tourney spot.

Well.....I think we're in now, but I'm not sure. Lunardi still has us as one of the last four in, but we've moved from the very last in to the fourth-from-last in.

Let's just win tomorrow and remove any doubt.

I'm disappointed in you guys. I'm busy for awhile and not one person can post the video of Meyers Leonard's audition tape to be the next Tom Chambers?

For Christ's sake, HE HURDLED A KID!

Ha, yeah I saw that but it completely slipped my mind to post it on here. Pretty sick dunk.

Lunardi has Illinois on his first 4 OUT list just updated

I'm not even gonna complain.

We should've won yesterday. Just like we should've beat Purdue at home, Minnesota, Gonzaga, Georgia, Bradley and Utah.

Just a waste of a season.

My only complaint is that Utah State in the field is an absolute joke. Three games against Top 50 teams? Blow me.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

This sucks. This is definitely a disappointing season. I mean, last year was a surprise year and we exceeded expectations, so it was hard to see them struggle this season and not make the tourney.

Just a question. Do you guys think Bruce Weber's job is in jeopardy? I love Bruce as a coach and there's not many people I would switch him for. But this is twice in three seasons that we haven't made the tourney and Illinois is a big-time program. I know we have another good recruiting class coming in but was it really hard to expect some immediate contributions? I expected us as a least one of the top 65 teams in the country before the season started.

Oh well, here's to waiting until November
    Last edited by ballinhun8; 03-14-2010 at 08:47 PM.