Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Stay strong my European brethren...

Keep ya head up bre....

200,000 strong marching West....very strong.

rank sentamentalist

Default Re: Stay strong my European brethren...

if jordan and lebanon and syria and iran can absorb refugees in the millions since 2003....

Banned

This reminds me of our Occupy Movement except Europe is quick to tag anyone and everyone a refugee.

Once you're called a refugee then it basically means you are 'In'.

The worst is close-by. It means Europeans will try to come to the States. No.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    if jordan and lebanon and syria and iran can absorb refugees in the millions since 2003....
    Like it should be, host refugees in the neighbouring countries. Those refugees live in camps on the border, largely funded with western money. It's not so much fun to live in a camp but hey, such is war.

Then when the war is over.......they are obligated to go back. Or they will pretty much be kicked out. Pretty solid system.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Like it should be, host refugees in the neighbouring countries. Those refugees live in camps on the border, largely funded with western money. It's not so much fun to live in a camp but hey, such is war.

Then when the war is over.......they are obligated to go back. Or they will pretty much be kicked out. Pretty solid system.
    when no war is actually declared by any of the countries in the region, who determines when the refugees go home?

i presume you can see the faultlines in your rebuttal and i don't have parse it. since we have been here, done that, and know where we differ in terms of weighting relative factors. also since i was being facetious due to this thread being tainted by the Officially Sanctioned InsideHoops Taint of the Year...

oh daniel... where did all the time go?

when no war is actually declared by any of the countries in the region, who determines when the refugees go home?
    Generally when the major militarized violence ends and some form of new status quo has emerged.

At any rate places like Lebanon, Turkey, etc. They just give these people refugee status. No chance at a job. Zero chance at citizenship. So eventually, unless these want to live in a camp all their lives with no hope of improving their situation (like some former "Palestinians" do to this day in Arab nations), eventually there is no choice but to return to their home and pick up the shovel.

Again. The way it should be.
    Last edited by LJJ; 09-04-2015 at 11:44 AM.

rank sentamentalist

Generally when the major militarized violence ends and some form of new status quo has emerged.
    perpetual conflict and ongoing refugee status often becomes the status quo if nobody powerful enough has any incentive to turn things around... conflicts can go on indefinitely. we aren't talking about a game of risk here.

perpetual conflict and ongoing refugee status often becomes the status quo if nobody powerful enough has any incentive to turn things around... conflicts can go on indefinitely. we aren't talking about a game of risk here.
    All wars end.

rank sentamentalist

All wars end.
    only if you decide to call it a war ;)

only if you decide to call it a war ;)
    And we do. We are talking about the refugees from the event that is widely known as the Syrian civil war.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=344_1441354394

All wars end.
    WW3 bout to begin, we stocking up on talibans?

Banned

rank sentamentalist

And we do. We are talking about the refugees from the event that is widely known as the Syrian civil war.
    which appears to be a deadlock between about 95 different factions

though the refugees now inhabiting the four countries i named were not refugees from the syrian civil war. they are refugees from an event widely known as the american occupation of iraq...

but that occupation/war/conflict/attack/"helping hand" ended in like 200.... wait did it end? i'm not sure. american troops are gone so i guess its over but what about the years of preparing the country to be governed by a coalition of carefully selected war lords knit together with the unifying vision of, whats his name again, maliki? yeah he did a terrific job.

you're oversimplifying this sh!t

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

They aren't refugees anymore where they went past the safety camps in neighboring countries, refuse to register in Hungary(or seek asylum there) for the sole purpose of heading to Germany in the masses.

Everyone is talking about Europes problem in dealing this but Saudia Arabia, Qatar, UAE, etc, haven't accepted a single refugee. You would logically think that these rich countries with a similar culture, religion and much closer in distance to Syria would be able to provide a safe zone for these refugees. But as we know these countries are snakes and are probably laughing at the humanitarianism of European countries.