Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 05-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #31
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Euroleague semifinals, Barcelona vs CSKA & olympiakos vs Partizan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangefruit
In the post above yours, Eroticvanilla -who seems to be American- kind of proved my point by saying he actually likes the commercials and stuff. I know this is far from being an acceptable statistical sample, but I get the feeling he's not alone. And I also get the feeling -no statistical samples here either- many Europeans would say "fu(k off" and switch off the TV after four timeouts in the first ten minutes. In the end, it's up to each one of us if we swalow what has been stuffled down your throat for so long. And if someone likes it, well, it's not like they don't have the right or anything.

Still, I also tend to think most people will end up liking what they are fed, no matter how disgusting it is at the beginning. But that's another story.

I don't think it's another story, I think your thoughts on it are the product of it being fed to you for so long.

"TV timeouts?, yeah I like them.." Are you fking kidding me?
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #32
EroticVanilla
Sexual Chocolate=GOAT

EroticVanilla is popular on this boardEroticVanilla is popular on this boardEroticVanilla is popular on this boardEroticVanilla is popular on this board

Quote:
In the post above yours, Eroticvanilla -who seems to be American- kind of proved my point by saying he actually likes the commercials and stuff.
I think there are to many commercial breaks, but 2ish a quarter isn't to bad, like I said it allows you to: Get a snack, get a drink, go the the bathroom, go outside for a smoke, post/read in a game thread on ISH, or whatever, without missing out on any of the game.

Edit: Yea I'm American
EroticVanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #33
Strangefruit
I brick open layups

Strangefruit has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster
I don't think it's another story, I think your thoughts on it are the product of it being fed to you for so long.

"TV timeouts?, yeah I like them.." Are you fking kidding me?

I guess you think I'm from the USA and consequently got a distorted idea of what my post meant.

If you read carefully my first post, you'll see that I'm just an European guy explaining what he thinks is one of the main differences betwen USA and Europe when it comes to sport broadcasting -and for that matter, fans-. Endless timeouts are in fact the reason why I hardly ever watch NBA games live -apart from time zone, of course-. They feel like a pain in the as$ when you can't fast forward.

I dare to say Europeans would stop watching even football -soccer- if it turned into a commercial clip with all kind of off-the-game interruptions. Different cultures, again. Different throats.
Strangefruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #34
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I guess you think I'm from the USA and consequently got a distorted idea of what my post meant.

If you read carefully my first post, you'll see that I'm just an European guy explaining what he thinks is one of the main differences betwen USA and Europe when it comes to sport broadcasting -and for that matter, fans-. Endless timeouts are in fact the reason why I hardly ever watch NBA games live -apart from time zone, of course-. They feel like a pain in the as$ when you can't fast forward.

I dare to say Europeans would stop watching even football -soccer- if it turned into a commercial clip with all kind of off-the-game interruptions. Different cultures, again. Different throats.

I read it and still wouldn't be able to say that you where European until you said so.

Btw what did you think of Rubio tonight?
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:13 PM   #35
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like how the players have to step over the giant electronic advertising board to get to the bench.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:59 PM   #36
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

I felt sorry for Partizan after that basket by Childress. I thought they already won when McCaleb scored in that fast break...

My picks
1st place game - Barcelona wins
3rd place game - Partizan wins
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:07 AM   #37
PaPaK
Decent playground baller

PaPaK has an OK reputation so far

for those of you who dont watch euroleague, you should know that partizan is one of, if not the poorest club in the euroleague, and them getting to the final 4 is an amazing feat in itself. their yearly budget is like just a few million dollars, around 3mill. i think, and every year they sell their best players in order to cover their expenses, after which they proceed to find and buy unknown talents, or they go on to promote players from the youth team. just last year they sold their top 3 players to wealthier euroleague clubs after which they bought Maric and Roberts..

anyway, again for those of you who dont watch eauroleague, i would describe partizan as detroit pistons (of few years back) of euroleague as they lead the league in offensive boards, they play hard defence etc. Jan Vesely is a nice PF talent and he will enter the NBA draft next year, he kinda reminds me of kirilenko.. some good potential right there

ps. partizan basketball club is where Vlade Divac played before coming to the NBA, and he won the 1992 euroleague title with them...

so yeah, just felt like sharing some info on the club i support for those of you who might be less familiar with european basketball

im glad to see some people here follow euroleague personally i prefer it to the NBA especially after my favorite Sacramento Kings team of vlade peja cwebb bibby etc. disintegrated.. actually i pretty much quit following NBA religiously after that refereeing fiasco in the kings lakers series
PaPaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:50 AM   #38
joe
College star

joe is considered somewhat cooljoe is considered somewhat cool

On the European vs American sports culture discussion

It is true that what you are fed, you will accept. If every sporting telecast you've witnessed has many commercial breaks, it becomes standard. You don't question it like you don't question the grass being green. There are always think outside the box types, but I think it's wrong to fault American's for "accepting" this. It's not so much accepting as just not noticing. Being tranquilly unaware of.

Like most Americans, I've never been much a fan of what we call "Soccer." Until last summer that is, when the improvement of the American national team caught my interest. And while it took a selfish "our team is finally decent" moment for me to get into football, it quickly won me over with its excellent pace, teamwork, and atmosphere.

Juxtaposed with slow paced, commercial packed NBA games, you begin to realize how inferior the American sporting experience is. Naturally, I'd still prefer an NBA game to a soccer game anyday. But I'd take a commercial free NBA with the first pick in the 2003 draft.

But if you know America well, it shouldn't surprise you that money and advertising come before product quality. The mission statement of American business is not to balance quality and revenue, but to see how little of one you can supply while still increasing the other. And to constantly stretch those lines and limits.

In other words - it'll get worse another 50 times before it gets better.

Last edited by joe : 05-08-2010 at 05:58 AM.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: