Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-16-2007, 11:48 PM   #1
millencolin735
Decent playground baller

millencolin735 has decent reputation
Default Bitter Sweet Moment

In the back of my mind I knew this would have to go down, but I still had hope. I love Kobes drive and love for the game, and to win. Thats all I could ever want from a Laker. The fact is that if this goes down(which it looks like it most likely will) in the end I, and I'm sure all of you know that this was really the only way for this team to become contenders again, was to start a new with a talented young core, cause management screwed up bad with all the deals they made after the Shaq trade, like trading Butler and so on. Unfortunately though the only way for us to get great young talent was to trade Kobe. So this Laker fan says farewell Kobe wish you the best, but not any better than my Lakers.
millencolin735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:08 AM   #2
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Bitter Sweet Moment

Young and very talented laker team will be more exciting for years to come. I also wish the best for Kobe. Wondering what PJax is thinking do anybody think he signed off on this if it goes down.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:28 AM   #3
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yep..to me it's a welcome change, a fresh start for all involved, if the lakers keep kobe and try and build around him the finacial problems they'll face in a few years will be knick like, this way they get instant relief that can be utilized for years to come....

my absolute greastest fears are two fold..the first is they do something to build around kobe and and next season he decides that didn't work, i want a trade... and the lakers are screwed...my second is that they make the trade and jermaine goes down and the lakers are screwed and kobe demands a trade...

you say you don't think he'd do it? the lakers were 26 and 13 before the injury bug took hold this season, i think we can all agree that this team if they had stayed healthy would have had a better seeding in the first round and probably matched up against a team that the lakers could have beaten moved on to the second round and who knows what would happen there depending on match ups... we were all high on this team before the injuries took hold and felt the team was a solid group... why has this been forgoten in all the talk now, suddenly the team that mitch, the busses and phil built is so lousy?...
you don't think kobe knows this? of course he does yet he seems to forget/dismiss that whole part of the season and demands a trade and points fingers at his teamates and ownership...

so know we are on most likely the eve of a new era in laker ball.. kobe the very best of luck to you hope you find what your looking for but somehow i doubt you will...

lakers for ever, gotta love purple and gold

Last edited by gts : 06-17-2007 at 12:35 AM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:44 AM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^well, your assessment of the Lakers season is a bit skewed my friend... the season schedule when they were 26-13 was a VERY light schedule... yes, the injuries caused a lot of problems, but the reality is that they started losing when they played tougher teams and played on the road. did you read johhny buss's myspace page or something?

it seems like most everyone has decided/accepted kobe is leaving the lakers... wow

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:48 AM   #5
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

apeman222 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
^well, your assessment of the Lakers season is a bit skewed my friend... the season schedule when they were 26-13 was a VERY light schedule... yes, the injuries caused a lot of problems, but the reality is that they started losing when they played tougher teams and played on the road. did you read johhny buss's myspace page or something?

it seems like most everyone has decided/accepted kobe is leaving the lakers... wow

its easy to accept it when you have deng, gordon, and the #9 coming your way.....hopefully...
apeman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:57 AM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeman222
its easy to accept it when you have deng, gordon, and the #9 coming your way.....hopefully...

i guess that does not get me excited... add in thomas and at least i smile a bit.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:07 AM   #7
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike

umm u no they beet the spurs twice phx ounce utah twice, hous ,dall during the stretch
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:52 AM   #8
millencolin735
Decent playground baller

millencolin735 has decent reputation

To what GTS said about how good this team was in the first half of the season. I think it has more to do with most of those guys confidence after stumbling so hard to the finish line, then throw in Kobes trade demands and drama this off season. Theres really no way this team could play together next year. I think we would probably wind up being a very very bad team probably a notch above the Grizzlies, and Celtics of the league.

I just hope that we could get Deng and Thomas in the deal the hell with the other players. I would like Deng, Wallace, Thomas, and #9, or maybe Deng Wallace, Thomas, and Gordon, we could maybe throw in a pick for that. With the first we could probably draft Nick Young with 19, and Maybe Thaddeus with the #9, and Maybe pick up Taurean Green, and or Dominic James in the 2nd. We could maybe wing up with a team like this:

Farmar, Green/James?

Nick or Thaddeus Young, Evans

Deng, Luke

Odom,Thomas

Wallace, Bynum

I think that would be a great exciting defensive team to watch. With Odom finally allowed to be the focal point of the O he could finally have a break out year. It could be similar to the Miami team Odom was on during Wades rookie season which was a great team to watch.
millencolin735 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: