Quote Originally Posted by SaS820
I think that I'm going to go for Hyperdunks for next year, but I've been reading some problems about their longevity. Can anyone who owns a pair tell me if they last or if they breakdown pretty quick?
I own a pair, but I've only worn them three times in the space of 2 months, due to being afraid of them wearing out too quick. So I'm trying to make them last. I also wear a pair of Nike Max Elite II, which are more durable.

If you're a heavy guy then they'll wear out quicker. Some people have complained about the shoes bottoming out and some have complained about the lunar foam tearing. This is because the lunar foam stuff that they have used, whilst gives you great comfort and is extremely light (the shoe only weighs something like 13oz), is quite weak. Hense the short life span.

Personally, I think they're are a very good basketball shoe. Comfortable, light and very snug. I feel like I get excellent grip from the shoe, whereas others have complained about the grip of the shoe.

I might buy a pair of 2k9's or 2k8's when the prices drop a bit and my Hyperdunks wear out a bit more.