Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: the affirmative action movement continues. this man just won the WWE championship

WHITE MAN IN A BLACK MAN'S WORLD.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: the affirmative action movement continues. this man just won the WWE championship

do you honestly think that mid card jobber nobody that barely even wrestles in his 3 man tag team faction deserved to become wwe champion?

Deserved? Lets ignore the 70 thousand people there literally chanting "You deserve it" and dozens of wrestlers inside and out of WWF who knew the work he put in being hyped he was even getting a shot....

Lets ignore all that.

What does "deserve" even have to do with anything?

He isnt even the first mid card 3 man tag team nobody to get the title lately. Jinder Mahal was Heath Slaters sidekicks sidekick. Jack Swagger was the champ. Great Khali. Ziggler. Shemus. Del rio. The Miz.

This isnt the 80s where Hogan keeps it for 5-6 years at a time. half the mid carders and high end jobbers get a shot. Once Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio got it there wasnt even a pretense of needing to be some big or even medium sized guy anymore. It was just who got popular at the right time. They usually dont let the little guys beat the big ones for it but with him fighting Bryan who himself didnt get a shot for long periods for being small?

Rational time to give it to him but I suspect its just to transition to some big guy Bob Backlund style with Stroman being the Kevin Nash waiting for a long reign after killing the little guy.

Ive not watched more than royal rumble and wrestlemania in years but it seems pretty standard vince style. Give the fans a little guy to go crazy over for 45 minutes then tuck him away in the tag division like Dolph, Bryan, Rey, and so on.

The little guys never stick around for long as solo threats probably beause vince doesnt respect them even though the fans want it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Deserved? Lets ignore the 70 thousand people there literally chanting "You deserve it" and dozens of wrestlers inside and out of WWF who knew the work he put in being hyped he was even getting a shot....

Lets ignore all that.

What does "deserve" even have to do with anything?

He isnt even the first mid card 3 man tag team nobody to get the title lately. Jinder Mahal was Heath Slaters sidekicks sidekick. Jack Swagger was the champ. Great Khali. Ziggler. Shemus. Del rio. The Miz.

This isnt the 80s where Hogan keeps it for 5-6 years at a time. half the mid carders and high end jobbers get a shot. Once Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio got it there wasnt even a pretense of needing to be some big or even medium sized guy anymore. It was just who got popular at the right time. They usually dont let the little guys beat the big ones for it but with him fighting Bryan who himself didnt get a shot for long periods for being small?

Rational time to give it to him but I suspect its just to transition to some big guy Bob Backlund style with Stroman being the Kevin Nash waiting for a long reign after killing the little guy.

Ive not watched more than royal rumble and wrestlemania in years but it seems pretty standard vince style. Give the fans a little guy to go crazy over for 45 minutes then tuck him away in the tag division like Dolph, Bryan, Rey, and so on.

The little guys never stick around for long as solo threats probably beause vince doesnt respect them even though the fans want it.

if you watched wrestling today you would know how fickle the fans are and how they chant that for literally anyone thats put in time as a long time jobber

when zack ryder won the IC title people chanted "you deserve it" and he lost the title the very next night and was never heard from again. nobody cared because nobody really wanted him to win it. it was just a feel good story and his family was there.

kofi's family was there and it was a feel good moment. but he wasn't truly deserving of winning the wwe title.. maybe based on recent champions like jinder and bray wyatt the standard has lowered a ton

especially when the main title is on the secondary show. back when they first split the rosters they did the same thing and guys like JBL were wwe champion on smackdown while the top show and top wrestlers like triple H, golberg, shawn michaels were all fighting over a world heavyweight belt that is now defunct

that title then switched to smackdown and was buried by the likes of dolph ziggler, jack swagger, alberto delrio, khali and other bums

a lot of people like kblaze and others in this thread don't understand the difference between the wwe title and the secondary heavyweight title. the secondary one always gets defunct and all the champions are basically erased from history. goldberg was never wwe champion... after the universal belt gets trashed he will have won 2 separate defunct belts. after that the wwe title will go on for another 5-10 years as the only main belt. then when the brands split again the "other belt" could be called something like "the WWE galaxy champion"

kofi winning the wwe title is way more embarrassing for the company because this can never be erased.

miz is 5 times more popular and charismatic than kofi and before this he was looked at as the worst 1st tier champion in history

this is a new low and i wouldn't be surprised if kofi lost the belt on tuesday
    Last edited by kennethgriffen; 04-08-2019 at 06:36 AM.

Miz didnt seem more popular last night. Nor did he seem popular when he was the champ. I remember turning it on the first time in a long time...seeing he was the champ and even fans looking at him like "WTF is this?". They dont seem to see it that way with Kofi. Not saying Miz cant wrestle because he can....but hes the definition of a mid card nobody getting the belt. Well no...thats Jinder. When I heard he won I thought it was a literal joke being played on me.

The days of only legends winning are long long looooooooooong over. As I said....they give it to the little hard working guy who paid dues...then take it and give it to a monster.

They never give the tiny guys the really long reigns. I dont think vice sees it as credible. I feel like remember Rey losing all the time in non title and secondary level matches when he was champ and a main eventer. Vince doesnt **** with the little guys like that. Shawn and Bret were as small as he was gonna go long term. Rollins might be another exception long term but I doubt it.

Far as the jobbers getting shots.....once Jinder got it that argument was out the window. I just saw he had the belt for 170 days. That alone justifies virtually everyone to ever step in the ring being title worthy by these standards.

The 3rd guy in 3 man band held the belt of Hogan, Macho, Bret, Kurt Angle, The Rock, Stone Cold, Bruno and Ric Flair. At that point? **** it.

Might as well let some C list celeb win it like WCW did. The aura is dissolved forever when Jinder Mahal is champ for half a year.

Banned

Miz didnt seem more popular last night. Nor did he seem popular when he was the champ. I remember turning it on the first time in a long time...seeing he was the champ and even fans looking at him like "WTF is this?". They dont seem to see it that way with Kofi. Not saying Miz cant wrestle because he can....but hes the definition of a mid card nobody getting the belt. Well no...thats Jinder. When I heard he won I thought it was a literal joke being played on me.

The days of only legends winning are long long looooooooooong over. As I said....they give it to the little hard working guy who paid dues...then take it and give it to a monster.

They never give the tiny guys the really long reigns. I dont think vice sees it as credible. I feel like remember Rey losing all the time in non title and secondary level matches when he was champ and a main eventer. Vince doesnt **** with the little guys like that. Shawn and Bret were as small as he was gonna go long term. Rollins might be another exception long term but I doubt it.

Far as the jobbers getting shots.....once Jinder got it that argument was out the window. I just saw he had the belt for 170 days. That alone justifies virtually everyone to ever step in the ring being title worthy by these standards.

The 3rd guy in 3 man band held the belt of Hogan, Macho, Bret, Kurt Angle, The Rock, Stone Cold, Bruno and Ric Flair. At that point? **** it.

Might as well let some C list celeb win it like WCW did. The aura is dissolved forever when Jinder Mahal is champ for half a year.

miz revived the IC title and was one of raws top attractions for a while. he lost steam going to smackdown and becoming a tag partner with shane then feuding with him. before that he was having intense feuds with guys like cena and daniel brian

show me a promo like this from kofi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d4SLA4HYp0

i think miz is a perfect mid carder. kofi isn't even that. he's the 3rd wheel on a 3 man tag team. woods and big E are WAAAAAY more entertaining on the mic

kofi can wrestle better than them but you need at least a bit of character to sell yourself. he's gonna BOMB as wwe champion unless the new day does all his talking for him.

and i don't mind non legends winning it. but at least pick someone that you can build on and carry you for more than a week or 2

Banned

think of it like this

bret was thought of as a dull guy on the mic compared to some of the best wwe champions in history

tell me what kofi promo even comes close to this

https://youtu.be/6ImC2_m-l1M?t=204

today this would be one of the best promo's in years

I don’t like the new day in the first place so I’m not the one to make that argument on his behalf. I used to watch wrestling for Steven regal and Bret Hart or Steamvoat....Dean Malenko...Ultimo dragon....Muta....delve into the Macho and Flair types who could wrestle but also talk their asses off. Or maybe a funny big personality like Dusty or the Rock. Serious guys like Harley Race.

Downright zany shit like Booty Os and pancakes isn’t for me. Rockwas about as comedic as I can handle.

I’m just saying....the #3 guy from 3 man band was champion for half a year.

All arguments against others are pretty much gone.

Just isn’t the old days anymore.

Banned

I don’t like the new day in the first place so I’m not the one to make that argument on his behalf. I used to watch wrestling for Steven regal and Bret Hart or Steamvoat....Dean Malenko...Ultimo dragon....Muta....delve into the Macho and Flair types who could wrestle but also talk their asses off. Or maybe a funny big personality like Dusty or the Rock. Serious guys like Harley Race.

Downright zany shit like Booty Os and pancakes isn’t for me. Rockwas about as comedic as I can handle.

I’m just saying....the #3 guy from 3 man band was champion for half a year.

All arguments against others are pretty much gone.

Just isn’t the old days anymore.

the old days are gone yes. but that doesnt mean they dont have 10 other guys that would be better suited as champion

randy orton?

jeff hardy?

braun stroman?

Elias?

Finn Balor?

kevin owens?

Rusev?

samoa joe?

dean ambros?

shit id even rather john cena again or roman reigns

or keep daniel bryan as champion

OP is the biggest triggered cuck in Canada. Whines about literally everything. You need a safe space to go cry in. ISH is not that place, loser.

Rusev is the only one who would have had as positive a reaction to him finally getting it. Stroman will be positive but everyone knows his time is coming. It may well come because of Kofi. They always do a david vs goliath thing with their tiny champs. Mysterio vs Undertaker, Khali, and JBL....shit like that.

Kofi is gonna lose a squash match to some monster soon. But hopefully none of the retreads you mentioned. Nobody would be excited to see Orton on number...what...14?

Ambrose is leaving.

Roman has cancer. I dont know if they wanna have him carry the load just yet. Hardy winning was just Kofi 10-12 years ago. A guy who wins the title because hes great at falling off things and making tag matches exciting. Elias isnt even getting a reaction. Cena is straight part time now.

Story wise Kofi was a good pick. And considering its fake...whats the goal other than a big crowd pop and people talking?