Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Who should Pistons draft in 2013 NBA Draft?

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I already read the same mock draft. Porter is just too good to not go to someone before us. I actually think teams are trying to not talk about him because they don't want to tip their hand and let others know who they're after.
    Exactly right my friend - I think the whole Alex Len to the cavs is just smoke and mirrors, not sure how you can go from the low teens to #1 in a matter of a month or so without really doing anything...

I still think Zeller is the best big man. Best skills and best athleticism and best smarts. Not sure why he has fallen out of favour

Th
    e Thunder are likely to get a Top 5 pick by offering up #12, #29, #32 and Dallas' future (protected) first-round pick.

It might be worth the Bobcats looking at a option like this that would give them more depth.
    If this is true, then that takes away one of the teams that might have taken Porter (Thunder arn't taking Porter)

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Th

If this is true, then that takes away one of the teams that might have taken Porter (Thunder arn't taking Porter)
    I would say that's a win/win trade too. There's a lot of guys in this draft who could be your 3rd or 4th best offensive option, which is really what OKC needs. If they moved up and took a big who can score they would be scary (not that they aren't). One thing people forget about with OKC is they still have Jeremy Lamb on the roster so they don't really need a SG like everyone keeps trying to say. If Lamb was in this draft there's a lot of people who would take him ahead of Oladipo and McLemore. I think next year we'll see more of him, especially if Martin ends up leaving that team.

NBA lottery pick

Exactly right my friend - I think the whole Alex Len to the cavs is just smoke and mirrors, not sure how you can go from the low teens to #1 in a matter of a month or so without really doing anything...

I still think Zeller is the best big man. Best skills and best athleticism and best smarts. Not sure why he has fallen out of favour
    I still think Len is the best fit for Cleveland. I really do like Zeller and agree his stock shouldn't have fallen this far. But, after his workouts and seeing what he did against more physical teams in college it does look like Zeller is more of a 4 than a 5. He's got a decent outside shot too, so I could see teams using him that way. Len has a better back to the basket game. What people forget is Maryland didn't have anything at PG, and bigs need guys to get them the ball. Also Cleveland has been rumored to be trying to trade for a veteran SF. I could see them going after Porter if they feel like they can't land one of those. Although, what's interesting is Varejao could be the trading chip for one of those deals, which would mean they need a C. Len is going to be a much better offensive threat than Varejao anyhow. If they end up keeping him then they will be able to develop Len a little more. They already have Thompson who has proved he's going to be a pretty solid PF. Noel is more of a PF as well so he doesn't make that much sense as the #1 pick. Even though it's been said that Cleveland loves Oladipo they just drafted Waiters and he seems pretty good too. A young core of Irving, Waiters, Thompson, and Len sounds pretty good. Throw in a veteran SF and that's a nice team.

If Noel is at #2 I think he's a great fit in Orlando. That would be a nice young front line they would have there.

Len / Noel
    Ibaka
    Durant
    Lamb
    Westbrook

Over the next 5 years - that just isn't fair

I would happily trade #8 for Dion Waiters if cavs wanted to take Oladipo at #1 and then do whatever with #8, perhaps Zeller. I agree with you about him being a tweener PF and C because he doesn't have that enforcer skill set about him - but think he would fit in well next to Thompson as i think there skill sets compliment each other nicely..

But I don't care about the cavs haha, i'd happily take Waiters off their hands for them - he is a stud

DAMN IT!

Mclemore dropped to 7 - Would of been an amazing steal @8

NBA lottery pick

DAMN IT!

Mclemore dropped to 7 - Would of been an amazing steal @8
    Now we just have to hope that Caldwell-Pope is the better of the two (like some people were saying).

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Now we just have to hope that Caldwell-Pope is the better of the two (like some people were saying).
    haha me included! But i guess i didn't expect to see Mclemore still available at #7

Pope is a better shooter than I think most people realize

Would love to trade for a pick soon to take Franklin but not going to happen..

Do you think Pope starts at the 2 for us?

Do you think we should of taken Burke instead of Pope?

Do you think we should of taken Burke instead of Pope?
    Burke is nice, but we would have a very undersized back court. I was really hoping for MCW. His IQ while distributing to Drummond, Monroe, and setting up shots for Knight would have been great.

Oh well, here is hoping for the best.

NBA lottery pick

haha me included! But i guess i didn't expect to see Mclemore still available at #7

Pope is a better shooter than I think most people realize

Would love to trade for a pick soon to take Franklin but not going to happen..

Do you think Pope starts at the 2 for us?
    Yeah, if McLemore would've fallen to us that would've been crazy. I guess we can't get that lucky all these years in a row. I think whether Pope starts or not depends on the Stuckey situation. If he ends up on another team Pope should be the starter. It'll be interesting how Cheeks feels about playing rookies. As we all know Knight, Monroe, and Drummond started out coming off the bench. It'll really depend on how he looks in summer league and in preseason too. It's tough to say whether he's starting material yet. If Stuckey is there though, I think he'll be starting in the beginning of the season at least.

NBA lottery pick

There is a part of m that would've loved to have picked Burke too. Although that would have basically meant Knight would need to be traded. I'm curious what we're going to do with the SF position.

NBA lottery pick

James Ennis almost fell to us at the bottom of the 2nd round. I like our 2nd rounders better this year than last. It's pretty obvious what they think of English anyhow. He's not going to be around for the long haul. Tony Mitchell was a guy who could've been in the late first round. He could be a backup sort of player potentially. Peyton Siva is a good choice for the end of the draft. If we resign Bynum I don't see him playing this season though. His game doesn't really seem like it will translate to the NBA. I'm sure it was a toss up between him & Myck Kybongo and Siva probably won the coin toss.

I wonder after Pelicans took Noel at #6, what it would of taken us to get pick #7 from the kings?

Knight + 2014 first round pick? Heck, I would of gone Knight + 2014 + 2015 first round picks...

#7 Mclemore
    #8 Burke

C - Drummond
    PF - Monroe
    SF - ?
    SG - Mclemore
    PG - Burke

That is something I could get excited about - then perhaps look to signing Iggy at SF to complete our team for the next 5 years