Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 07-10-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
j Fresh
Local High School Star

Default The NY Knicks & NJ Nets

I think the tides may have turned here.

The Knicks are not the same team from the past few seasons, everyone is maturing and getting better. This team is no longer the Starbury show. Every player will have a role, wether it's to score, rebound, defend etc.

Do you think the Nets still have the edge as long as JKidd is still around? I mean how long can JKidd's greatness last? He's what 33?

Do the Nets have enough talent to compete with the Knicks?

Or do you think nothing has changed?
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:30 PM   #2
rknine15
Buckets Baby

Default Re: The NY Knicks & NJ Nets

The think this is the year that the knicks figure it out and get the chemistry they need and they make a push to the playoffs .... but even if it happens i still think the nets if heathly will win the Adivison and go farther than the knicks in the playoffs
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:07 PM   #3
gigantes
   

the knicks have had talent for years, it's just been horribly mismatched talent, so i'm afraid that i'm in the "believe it when i see it" camp. IMO even if everything goes right they're still only about a second-round playoff team.

they need to just get rid of thomas and hire a real GM.

as for kidd- it's true he's getting older, but that sure didn't slow him down last season. he's also stated that he's moving from being a more athletic player who couldn't shoot to a less athletic player with a good outside jumper. either way he's still a passing wizard and good positional rebounder. he could prolly keep doing that stuff until he's in his 40's, you know? the biggest area of dropoff is going to be his ability to play man versus guards, so as the years go by the nets will prolly have to work harder to cover up for that, and maybe have him guard the three more. also, with his knees, it wouldn't be a surprise if he suddenly had to retire ala jeff ruland.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:59 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Knicks have always had talent year in and year out, but the probably with the Knicks is a lack of defensive purpose.

if Isiah somehow teaches the Knicks how to play defense for 48 minutes, then yes the balance of power could shift.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:25 PM   #5
j Fresh
Local High School Star

he can't teach them defense, that's why we have Q Richardson, David Lee, Renaldo Balkman, Wilson Chandler, Morris, & Mardy Collins. Everyone else can focus on offense.
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: