Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-28-2008, 02:35 PM   #16
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Default Re: I have never seen a player recieve as much hate as Tracy McGrady

I dont think the T-mac hating will ever end until he proves he can win a series in the playoffs. He has had multiple chances, up 3 games in Orlando, multiple game 7 games. He will feel the hate until he gets out of the 1st round. People only hate bc he is a great player but has had no success in the playoffs. Maybe they can do it next season if they are all healthy, big if though. Healthy Yao + Healthy T-Mac > Jazz this year
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:56 PM   #17
highwhey
EMPLOYED

T-Mac rocks, still one of the better players in the NBA. I think all this hate should be directed to a certain player...*cough*Lebron*cough*
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #18
June1026
Hong 1026

As far as THIS YEAR's playoff goes. I think guys like Melo, AI, Kidd, Nash...etc should get more criticism in the media, yet they are not, and looking into the history, and you can't really blame them, it's their job. I mean the guy is playing with a bunch of average role players + a 45 yr old. If these guys can actually hit lay ups + open jumpers consistently, Tmac would be averagin 10+ assists.
June1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #19
Emile
Local High School Star

I don't think anyone cares about T Mac. Certainly not enough to hate him.
I know this term is a bit offensive and degrading but in the minds of the NBA fans, he truly is yesterday's news.
I have a hard time finding people these days, talking about the NBA and having T Mac as one of their hot topics. Except if they're Rockets fans.

I just don't think he's relevant enough to be hated anymore but I guess fans can interpretate things differently.
You may feel he gets trashed unfairly but I doubt anyone really means it as hate, as some really poisoned feelings or anything. It's just what it is, he's never been out of the first round and people bring it up. Might look as if they're clowning him but they just tell it like it is, however I doubt nowadays they care enough to hate.

Kobe IMO clearly gets the most hate. On ISH at least but like MJBulls said, it's different in the media as compared to here.

Nowadays, guys that matter are Kobe, LeBron, Chris Paul, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Tim Duncan come playoffs...and a few others perhaps.

Things just change so fast in the NBA. One day you are, next day you aren't. It takes a great durability and ability to stay on top for a long time to always be important. T Mac IMO has fallen out of that loop.

But I don't think he ever was hated. He was one player everyone liked, everyone wanted to succeed, I don't think people ever had any bad feelings for T Mac. Whatever it is he is getting, hate certainly isn't it. Good thing you're not a Kobe fan if you think T Mac is hated seeing as how it's not even close. At least here.
Emile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:19 PM   #20
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
You don't struggle with weed, thats just something you give up or don't. It was sad about his kid though. Larry Hughes also lost a brother.
+1
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:23 PM   #21
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak
The man has to put up with alot of ****. Constant back problems and such, do you really think it's his fault he has back problems? And when he does play he hustles like a madman, but falls due to a team filled with ****ty players. People bring up the fact that he has never made it past the first round, but never mention the fact that him and the orlando suck almost upset the pistons, with tmac carrying them all the way there. And those who say that he isn't clutch, tell that to the spurs a couple years ago. He almost had a triple double a few nights ago, and should have if chuck hayes could convert the passes t-mac gave him.when you hate on him, remember his team has homecourt advantage, and the team has been riddled with injures the whole year. his supporting cast is at best mediocre without yao.

End rant, stop hating on t-mac.
dude are you freaking kidding me? Only reason why everyone is busting Tmac's balls is because he's second round virgin and it seems that he will be again.

Kobe on the other hand has to deal with his past wrong doings and not being able to get past the 1st round without Shaq. Same wit Dirk, except he's getting bagged on for being soft (punked by West too) and for being a choker.

I can name a handful of other players that gets more hate then Tmac...

Last edited by Fedor - Laker : 04-28-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:25 PM   #22
Zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor - Laker
dude are you freaking kidding me? Only reason why everyone is busting Tmac's balls is because he's second round virgin and it seems that he will be again.

Kobe on the other hand has to deal with his past wrong doings and not being able to get past the 1st round without Shaq. Same wit Dirk, except he's getting bagged on for being soft (punked by West too) and for being a choker.

IMHO Kobe, Dirk, and Lebron gets more hate then Tmac in general.
You realize the people that you have listed have generally had stacked teams.

Dirk- Jason Terry, Josh Howard? He was mvp and made history be participating upset in nba history.

Kobe- Who is claimed to be the best player in the world, has been epic fail in playoffs ever since shaq left, if you are to heralded as best in the world at least show for it in the playoffs.

Lebron- His hate is unwarranted like t-mac.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:26 PM   #23
Emile
Local High School Star

Oh yeah, Dirk as well is way more hated than T Mac. It isn't even close.
As far as Kobe goes though...here at least, he doesn't only have haters, he has a hate base bigger than the fan bases of like 5-10 teams combined.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:30 PM   #24
IlliniFan
NBA rookie of the year

No one gets more hate on this board than Vince Carter.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:32 PM   #25
Zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
He deserves every bit of it.

going to a graduation the day of a playoff game game? wtf?

telling your team's play to the other team's bench? he deserves all the hate he gets
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #26
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak
You realize the people that you have listed have generally had stacked teams.

Dirk- Jason Terry, Josh Howard? He was mvp and made history be participating upset in nba history.

Kobe- Who is claimed to be the best player in the world, has been epic fail in playoffs ever since shaq left, if you are to heralded as best in the world at least show for it in the playoffs.

Lebron- His hate is unwarranted like t-mac.

Err...My point exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emile
Oh yeah, Dirk as well is way more hated than T Mac. It isn't even close.
As far as Kobe goes though...here at least, he doesn't only have haters, he has a hate base bigger than the fan bases of like 5-10 teams combined.

hahahahaha I lol so true.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #27
June1026
Hong 1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan

I haven't heard of that name in a while now, and he actually deserved the hating that he was getting BEFORE.
June1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:36 PM   #28
Indian guy
NBA sixth man of the year

T-Mac's brought this upon himself by constantly choking in the playoffs and never taking responsibility when something goes wrong. He's all about deflecting blame on to others and saving his own skin. In this playoffs itself I'm just amazed by how many times he's thrown his teammates and coach under the bus.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:37 PM   #29
Emile
Local High School Star

LMAO. Reality check folks. No one cares about Vince Carter or Tracy McGrady enough to hate them.
Define what you mean by hate, anyway.
The word hate, in it's full form, as a strong word, a strong emotion, can only be used to describe as what some feel for Kobe. Strongly and intensely.

VC and T Mac? Yeah right, when is the last time someone cared for them?

It's as saying Ron Artest is most hated. He generally is someone with a bad image, not perceived well but is he really hated?
Who spends time thinking about him enough to hate him, is there a thread each time he has a bad game, does he have any well known haters and so on?

People may perceive those guys albeit negatively but they don't care enough to hate them. Hate IMO is a very active and strong feeling. What guys like T Mac and Artest get is perhaps some passive form of hate if you insist I guess....
Old 04-28-2008, 03:38 PM   #30
IlliniFan
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak
He deserves every bit of it.

going to a graduation the day of a playoff game game? wtf?

telling your team's play to the other team's bench? he deserves all the hate he gets
It wasn't a graduation, it was HIS graduation. Not only that, he didn't miss any of the game. Get a clue kid.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: