Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-28-2008, 03:39 PM   #31
kps
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: I have never seen a player recieve as much hate as Tracy McGrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emile
I don't think anyone cares about T Mac. Certainly not enough to hate him.
I know this term is a bit offensive and degrading but in the minds of the NBA fans, he truly is yesterday's news.
I have a hard time finding people these days, talking about the NBA and having T Mac as one of their hot topics. Except if they're Rockets fans.

I just don't think he's relevant enough to be hated anymore but I guess fans can interpretate things differently.

Nowadays, guys that matter are Kobe, LeBron, Chris Paul, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Tim Duncan come playoffs...and a few others perhaps.

How can he not be still relevant, of course he is. Anyone who thinks only Kobre, Lebron, Garnett and a few others are the only ones that matter are just front runners only interested in who's good/and or popular at the moment, or who gets the most hype. Yeah T-Mac may not get past the 1st round again but he still is relevant

Last edited by kps : 04-28-2008 at 03:41 PM.
kps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:42 PM   #32
June1026
Hong 1026

Quote:
LMAO. Reality check folks. No one cares about Vince Carter or Tracy McGrady enough to hate them.
Define what you mean by hate, anyway.
The word hate, in it's full form, as a strong word, a strong emotion, can only be used to describe as what some feel for Kobe. Strongly and intensely.

VC and T Mac? Yeah right, when is the last time someone cared for them?

It's as saying Ron Artest is most hated. He generally is someone with a bad image, not perceived well but is he really hated?
Who spends time thinking about him enough to hate him, is there a thread each time he has a bad game, does he have any well known haters and so on?

People may perceive those guys albeit negatively but they don't care enough to hate them. Hate IMO is a very active and strong feeling. What guys like T Mac and Artest get is perhaps some passive form of hate if you insist I guess....

Who do you think you are? just because you don't care, doesn't mean everybody don't care, stop posting in this thread if you really don't care
June1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:44 PM   #33
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kps
How can he not be still relevant, of course he is. Anyone who thinks only Kobre, Lebron, Garnett and a few others are the only ones that matter are just front runners only interested in who's good/and or popular at the moment, or who gets the most hype. Yeah T-Mac may not get past the 1st round again but he still is relevant
He is definitely "relevant," because he's still in the PO, and has a chance in winning this series. I'll save my judgment until after the game.
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #34
kps
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor - Laker
He is definitely "relevant," because he's still in the PO, and has a chance in winning this series. I'll save my judgment until after the game.

even if he wasnt in the playoffs he'd still be relevant, and yeah there's a chance they can win, of course!
kps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:19 PM   #35
joshwake
Local High School Star

T-mac really doesn't have anywhere near the amount of haters that some of the genuine superstars have. IE; kobe, leBron, etc.

What has happend is with T-mac not making it past the 1st round coming up on 7 times now, ppl have started to dig into his stats to try and find a reason for it. When you compare T-macs numbers in the playoffs (particularly in the 4th q) with the Kobe's, LeBron's, Jordan's, whoever's... you can't just sit back and chalk it up to bad luck, no support, etc etc, anymore.

Sorry, but ~35% in the 4th q of playoff games is just too much to ignore. His shot selection is just rediculous in the clutch. There is no doubt he has the talent, and still does, but I am just starting to think he just makes bad decisions in the clutch and it is really starting to wear on him.

There is a huge difference in being a "hater" and a critic. The nut-huggers lump them all in the same catagory. Any time someone points out the critical truth about a player you have followed and idolized for so long it becomes really hard to swollow.
joshwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:23 PM   #36
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

lamar odom used to catch some serious hate, mostly from his own team's fans last season. i've never seen a good player get so much hate from his own team's fans as lamar odom. it seems like some laker fans always have to have a guy on the team to hate, the roster is never good enough. i think the laker currently residing in the fans doghouse is luke walton.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:23 PM   #37
Uchiha_Hai
The Big Bang

You know, T-Mac does get bag on a lot. I would love to see Houston go home first round this season, then to dominate the playoffs and win a championship next year.

It's very unlikely....but at the same time very likely as well depending how things go....there must be a basketball god that will deal T-mac his fair dues.
Uchiha_Hai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:30 PM   #38
Emile
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
lamar odom used to catch some serious hate, mostly from his own team's fans last season. i've never seen a good player get so much hate from his own team's fans as lamar odom. it seems like some laker fans always have to have a guy on the team to hate, the roster is never good enough. i think the laker currently residing in the fans doghouse is luke walton.

Odom was deserving of every bit of it. All until the Lakers got Pau when something got into him and he actually became awesome. But until that point, I'm sure the question wasn't if but when the Lakers plan to dump him.
They were low on him... And still, despite him playing well, his extension is in serious doubt because he isn't trustworthy enough and Lakers don't know if they can really rely on him. He's been very valuable since Pau arrived but it doesn't erase his past shortcomings.
Emile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #39
Emile
Local High School Star

P.S. It's nothing unusual, guy getting hate for underperforming. Mavs fans for example "hate" Josh Howard for the same reason.
Nowadays when everyone is so playercentric, other people read it as excusing Kobe or in Howard's case, Dirk. I don't know about Howard but the Odom criticism was warranted.
Emile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:43 PM   #40
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Odom was deserving of every bit of it.

he may have deserved some criticism, but it seemed to me like some laker fans would've traded the guy for a bag of potatoe chips. he's better than that. he was made out to be almost scrub-level by some.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:11 PM   #41
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
4 things Lakers know about Lamar.

1. He's never been a good 2nd option for the Lakers.
2. Failed be the 2nd option for the Lakers (season + PO's).
3. Mediocre performances between 04-06 up until the Pau trade.
4. *Pau comes to the team,* HOLY ****, what do you know...Lamar is putting up all star numbers and finally living up to everyone's expectation.

I know, Laker fans were a bit harsh on him, but believe he deserved every bit of the criticism. LA is not paying him 13 millions dollars to perform like a $600,000 contract scrub.

I'm just finally happy that he's playing great basketball, and being a real x factor for the Lakers.

Last edited by Fedor - Laker : 04-28-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:32 PM   #42
brandonman
Im just sayin......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak
The man has to put up with alot of ****. Constant back problems and such, do you really think it's his fault he has back problems? And when he does play he hustles like a madman, but falls due to a team filled with ****ty players. People bring up the fact that he has never made it past the first round, but never mention the fact that him and the orlando suck almost upset the pistons, with tmac carrying them all the way there. And those who say that he isn't clutch, tell that to the spurs a couple years ago. He almost had a triple double a few nights ago, and should have if chuck hayes could convert the passes t-mac gave him.when you hate on him, remember his team has homecourt advantage, and the team has been riddled with injures the whole year. his supporting cast is at best mediocre without yao.

End rant, stop hating on t-mac.

Id say all the great players get hated on here on ISH. T-mac is just being singled out and zoomed in on right now because again he will fail to make it past the first round. I dont like the T-mac hate, just like I dont like the (Kobe, Lebron, ect ) hate. It all depends on what is said and if its true or not. The fact that t-mac has not advanced past the first round is true. The fact that t-mac did have back to back scoreless 4th quarters at home in the playoffs is also true. But the fact that he is not out on the court by himself is true too. He should not take the blame for his teams failure in the post season.

However, as much as I love the Rockets and like T-mac, if he could have continued his play in the 4th quarter of games 1 and 2, HE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO CARRY THIS TEAM TO 2 WINS. We saw him go scoreless, we saw him miss crucial jumpers, we saw him miss crucial freethrows and turn the ball over. I know he has a bad back, I know he played 43min, Im NOT hating on him or blaming him AT ALL! But just as will say its not T-macs fault, I HAVE to say that he DID HAVE THE CHANCE to make what everybody here on ISH and around the league says was Impossible, possible. The Rockets didnt get blown out, all 3 losses came down to the wire, and T-mac could have shined brighter and carried this team to victory. GRANTED I saw the games, I know the reasons the rockets didnt get it done and its not because T-mac or because he is soft, his supporting cast in my mind made huge mistakes and missed both huge shots and free throws when they mattered the most.

Series is not over yet, but if the Rockets were going to step up and win this, they would have atleast stepped up and won 1 of those 3 tight games for the series to be tied 2-2.

T-mac in a Rockets jersey next year? I dont mind either way. If he goes, I want a solid replacement, if he stays, I just want Yao healthy, the bench to get better, and to pick up a few more pure shooters to add depth to our offense.
brandonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:52 PM   #43
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Odom was deserving of every bit of it. All until the Lakers got Pau when something got into him and he actually became awesome. But until that point, I'm sure the question wasn't if but when the Lakers plan to dump him.

what absolute uninformed garbage.

saying lamar odom wasn't good on the lakers until pau gasol arrived is a clear cut sign that you didn't watch the lakers the last few years. his first year was not good, inconsistent and annoying because he'd been such a stud on the heat. the next two years he was one of the most under rated players in the league. last year he was a sure shot all star until he got hurt. this year he was bad at the beginning of the season because he was coming off of shoulder surgery and didn't have an off or preseason, otherwise, as usual, the guy has been a stud. that's not to say he didn't have off nights or spells, but so does everyone in this league, you hear someone on ESPN say he's inconsistent and then you see him have a bad game and then it's like it's gospel. i've seen all but maybe 10 laker games since lamar arrived and the hate from laker fans was so uneducated and unwarranted it's crazy. the hate came from expecting him to score over 20 points a night and not getting it, bottom line. Crap on his free throw shooting or jumper in general, crap on his lack of hops, maybe he could be more aggressive offensively in the post, but lamar is one of the best 5 on 5 guys in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor - Laker
4 things Lakers know about Lamar.

1. He's never been a good 2nd option for the Lakers.
2. Failed be the 2nd option for the Lakers (season + PO's).
3. Mediocre performances between 04-06 up until the Pau trade.
4. *Pau comes to the team,* HOLY ****, what do you know...Lamar is putting up all star numbers and finally living up to everyone's expectation.

1 and 2 are brilliant. 3 and 4 are too... heh, those are four well thought out points, all totally unique. a perfect example of how the non-laker fans see the lamar story. these type of fans have been the problem, they want to tell you lamar has been a weed smoking inconsistent choke artist when really he and kobe took one of the worst teams imaginable to the playoffs in the western conference the last two years. smush parker, kwame brown, and luke walton were the other starters. granted kobe was THE man, but cut lamar some credit, one time, will you? 17-9-5 with limitless intangibles. he's not scottie pippen, i'm sorry laker land, but the guy is an incredible talent and horrifically unappreciated player. p.s.- other than game 7 of 05-06 lamar was a force in the playoffs, watch the tapes homey.

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 04-28-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:20 PM   #44
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

Wa-Wa-Wa. This whole thread sounds like someone crying. Newsflash, every, EVERY player has haters. TMacs game has defintley fallen off. He has dissapeared a few times during the 4th. All that is fact. So what is everyone crying about? T-Mac dosen't receive half the amount of guys. Where did that assine comment come from? I don't think saying TMac at times seems like he dosen't care, dissapears in the fourth, and settles for long range bombs far too much is hating. It's stating the truth. Someone is hating when they say McGrady isn't a great player or a top player in the NBA. That hating. Stating simple facts, however, isn't.
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #45
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak
but never mention the fact that him and the orlando suck almost upset the pistons, with tmac carrying them all the way there.
uhm, the pistons were back in the playoffs for the first time in a long time and not some great powerhouse (cmon now, it was atkins, stack, curry, spliffy, and Big ben with damon jones and barry off the bench), they had them on the ropes 3-1 and couldnt finish the series out. thats a pretty big chokejob even if its not all on him
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: