Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-17-2008, 01:41 AM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Does Gasol's Injury Increase Kobe's MVP Chances?

Of course the injury to Gasol sucks but I was thinking the one good thing that could come from it is if Kobe can keep the Lakers in either the 1 or 2 spot in the West it could help out his case to win the MVP this year. What do you guys think?
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:22 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Does Gasol's Injury Increase Kobe's MVP Chances?

if we are over .500 with Pau out then yes.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:47 AM   #3
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
if we are over .500 with Pau out then yes.

Over .500? Damn. I think we should maintain over .600
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

based on kobe's game we saw yesterday against the rockets, i'd say no it does not increase his chances...

personally, if i were you all, i would be more worried about whether the lakers make the playoffs or are at full strength when they get there.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:30 AM   #5
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No way, if anything this will decrease hist chances because it is unlikely that we will perform at the high level we were beofer Gasols injury. We will likley drop in the standings and then all the voters will again have a reason to not vote Kobe in. Then again, I just want us to make the playoffs because when its around that time, we will be a full strength, and I dont think we can be beat at full strength.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:46 AM   #6
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
based on kobe's game we saw yesterday against the rockets, i'd say no it does not increase his chances...

personally, if i were you all, i would be more worried about whether the lakers make the playoffs or are at full strength when they get there.

Exactly....8th seed is only 4 games out of first.....freaking 4 games yall.
If we go on a bad streak and completly fold we can drop to 9th easily.
And the way this team has been playing lately it can happen.

I hate all the complaining and frustration our guys have on the court right now. It's freaking annoying....all the dumb T's etc. This team is not showin any passion to me right now...they are not playing level headed. And Kobe as the leader has he most T's in the NBA.....that ain't good. I care less about the MVP for Kobe...we need to start winning these games with out Pau for a change, This team is showing NO heart.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:40 AM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

if anything it decreases it... the lakers are goingto struggle with gasol out and kobe's game will be under the microscope... if he keeps playing like he did yesterday kobe can kiss any hope for an MVP out the window
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: