Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Ricky Rubio not as bad in Euroleague as you have been lead to believe

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf

Its amazing. Some players never regress; its just the coach's fault for not using them the right way.

Wasn't the same exact thing posted about Lin recently?

Fanboys never get it. Its OK to admit that your hero isn't perfect, and has flaws that need to be worked on.

Rubio was definitely regressing when it came to shooting the ball. I'm looking forward to see if he'll be able to improve on that when he gets back.
    It's amazing that you didn't watch him in Barcelona at all. He WAS completely misused. Regardless, those teams he was on were so loaded with talent it didn't really matter. However, if you are being misused that doesn't mean you have regressed.

Besides, you've been a Rubio hater since day 1 and have been proven wrong time and again about him.

Default Re: Ricky Rubio not as bad in Euroleague as you have been lead to believe

Its amazing. Some players never regress; its just the coach's fault for not using them the right way.

Wasn't the same exact thing posted about Lin recently?

Fanboys never get it. Its OK to admit that your hero isn't perfect, and has flaws that need to be worked on.

Rubio was definitely regressing when it came to shooting the ball. I'm looking forward to see if he'll be able to improve on that when he gets back.
    You really shouldn't be able to comment on Rubio anymore. I had to set you straight on him last year. You are really a hateful person.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Besides, you've been a Rubio hater since day 1 and have been proven wrong time and again about him.
    I was extremely skeptical of Rubio before the start of last season, for a variety of reasons.

However, when he came in and played well I gave him full credit for doing so. That doesn't mean that he's above criticism, and the shooting issue was definitely a problem.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Tulip
    Pass first point guards are just easy to underrate, especially in the Euroleague where they don't give you an automatic assist every time a teammate scores.
    Papaloukas , Teodosic , Diamantidis , Jasikevicius are all great passers and I wouldn't call them underrated . Rubio wasn't that bad compared to all Euroleague pgs but for someone with that much hype he was very bad . Lets compare him to his teammates from Wolfs that also played in EL , Shved played better that him in Euroleague , not to mention Pekovic and AK who were among the best EL players , that's why I consider 3 of them better than him .

Banned

Can someone compare his stats from the Euroleague vs NBA side by side so i can make a better assessment on him?

Euroleague (crazed troll): "Rubio was absolute trash in Euroleague and every sane European poster agrees with me!
    You are all disgusting racists! "

European posters in this thread

Nero Tulip: "Rubio was very good, even his last season [in Euroleague]"

chains5000: "He was far from a scrub"

Fiba basketball: "Rubio wasn't that bad compared to all European PG's"

Euroleague (crazed troll) making up shit again

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    It's amazing that you didn't watch him in Barcelona at all. He WAS completely misused. Regardless, those teams he was on were so loaded with talent it didn't really matter. However, if you are being misused that doesn't mean you have regressed.

That's freaking hilarious, because all you said here on this forum for months was that Rubio had horrible scrub teammates on Barca that were so pathetic they could not ever finish any of his passes. That no one on his team could ever make an open jump shot or dunk the ball. That was your excuse for why he didn't not have that great of assist numbers in Euroleague.

Now all of a sudden it's how great and loaded that team was, which is your excuse for why he was about the 10th man in importance on that team.

You hypocritical pricks really are too much.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Euroleague (crazed troll): "Rubio was absolute trash in Euroleague and every sane European poster agrees with me!
    You are all disgusting racists! "

European posters in this thread

Nero Tulip: "Rubio was very good, even his last season [in Euroleague]"

chains5000: "He was far from a scrub"

Fiba basketball: "Rubio wasn't that bad compared to all European PG's"

Euroleague (crazed troll) making up shit again

Rubio averaged 2.3 air balls per game his last season in Euroleague. He shot so many air balls, that it was actually a stat that people kept. You are simply totally full of shit if you say Rubio was not playing like total ass for the most part when he was with Barca.

Let me put it this way........Nick Calathes pretty much sucked in Euroleague and he was pretty much a cancer to the whole offensive system of Panathinaikos. With that being said, he was even much better than Rubio was.

I basically thought of Calathes as a scrub in Euroleague that played a good to great game about 3 times in a season. And even he was basically dominating the hell out of Rubio whenever they played each other.

The same guy that I was happy to see finally get the hell off of Panathinaikos. Roko Ukic replaced Calathes and I was even happy at that, considering it quite an upgrade. And I don't think Ukic is all that good.......

Ukic, a guy I don't really think is that good, is like a HOF level player in Euroleague compared to what Rubio was.

People saying differently are lying pieces of shit that have never seen Rubio play even one Euroleague game.

Rubio wasn't all bad in Euroleague. He was great at defense, and he was definitely a good passer and ball handler. But his scoring and shooting was literally THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN IN EUROLEAGUE.

Ricky Rubio in Euroleague was like a poor man's poor man's Pablo Prigioni. The fans of Barca were jumping for joy when they finally got rid of him. His coach at Barca was so sick of him he could not wait to get rid of him.

Spanish media was criticizing his play all over the place.

Yet, we are supposed to believe from the minds of some pathological liars that have never even seen him play in Euroleague, that he was this great player and led his team to a Euroleague championship.

Get a life.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 11-29-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Rubio averaged 2.3 air balls per game his last season in Euroleague. He shot so many air balls, that it was actually a stat that people kept. You are simply totally full of shit if you say Rubio was not playing like total ass for the most part when he was with Barca.

Let me put it this way........Nick Calathes pretty much sucked in Euroleague and he was pretty much a cancer to the whole offensive system of Panathinaikos. With that being said, he was even much better than Rubio was.

I basically thought of Calathes as a scrub in Euroleague that played a good to great game about 3 times in a season. And even he was basically dominating the hell out of Rubio whenever they played each other.

The same guy that I was happy to see finally get the hell off of Panathinaikos. Roko Ukic replaced Calathes and I was even happy at that, considering it quite an upgrade. And I don't think Ukic is all that good.......

Ukic, a guy I don't really think is that good, is like a HOF level player in Euroleague compared to what Rubio was.

People saying differently are lying pieces of shit that have never seen Rubio play even one Euroleague game.

Rubio wasn't all bad in Euroleague. He was great at defense, and he was definitely a good passer and ball handler. But his scoring and shooting was literally THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN IN EUROLEAGUE.

Ricky Rubio in Euroleague was like a poor man's poor man's Pablo Prigioni. The fans of Barca were jumping for joy when they finally got rid of him. His coach at Barca was so sick of him he could not wait to get rid of him.

Spanish media was criticizing his play all over the place.

Yet, we are supposed to believe from the minds of some pathological liars that have never even seen him play in Euroleague, that he was this great player and led his team to a Euroleague championship.

Get a life.
    Peyton Manning = NFL GOAT
    Anthony Parker = Euroleague GOAT
    Your hoe = My bed's GOAT

u ?

That's freaking hilarious, because all you said here on this forum for months was that Rubio had horrible scrub teammates on Barca that were so pathetic they could not ever finish any of his passes. That no one on his team could ever make an open jump shot or dunk the ball. That was your excuse for why he didn't not have that great of assist numbers in Euroleague.

Now all of a sudden it's how great and loaded that team was, which is your excuse for why he was about the 10th man in importance on that team.

You hypocritical pricks really are too much.
    Again I'm not discussing his last year when he digressed, I'm discussing the year he won a champion. Again with your lies. 10th man in importance. He led the team in steals and assists, was 4th in mgp and 6th in ppg! Yes in actual points which is his weakness he was 6th. He was even 6th in rebounds for Christ's sake. So every single team stat (except blocks I guess) he was in the top 6 and he was #1 in assists and steals yet he was about the 10th man of importance? That fact has been proven wrong. At worst he was the 6th man in importance and probably like the 4th or the 5th and this was on a Euroleague champion. Stop with your lies. The fact of the team stats show how much you are a liar.

http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...asoncode=E2009

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Can someone compare his stats from the Euroleague vs NBA side by side so i can make a better assessment on him?
    2006-07
    Euroleague MPG FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG SPG BBG PPG
    Joventut Badalona
    16 0 18.9 .348 .167 .767 2.4 2.8 3.2 .1 3.6
    2008-09
    Joventut Badalona
    5 2 13.3 .300 .333 .625 2.4 2.8 1.8 .0 2.4
    2009-10
    Barcelona
    22 22 20.9 .370 .358 .893 2.9 4.1 1.4 .0 6.8
    2010-11
    Barcelona
    20 17 22.7 .310 .224 .836 3.3 3.5 1.6 .1 6.5
    Career
    63 41 20.4 .341 .276 .832 2.8 3.5 2.0 .0 5.5

NBA
    Year GP GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG
    41 31 34.2 .357 .340 .803 4.2 8.2 2.2 0.2 10.6

But one important thing to remember is the Euroleague games are eight minutes shorter than NBA games so Euroleague stats, especially offensive stats are a lot lower. For example this year Rondo is leading the NBA in assists with 12.9 pg yet in Euroleague Spanoulis is leading the league with only 6.3 pg, half Rondo the NBA leader. So that has to be taken into account when comparing NBA and Euroleague stats. For example when Rubio won the championship with Barca in 2010 his 4.1 apg was 4th in assists in the whole of Euroleague.

Decent playground baller

The United League is the national domestic league of Russia. United League games between Russian teams are what are used to count as Russian League games...
    PBL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian...ketball_League
    VTB United league http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VTB_United_League

That being said, I agree with those saying Rubio wasn't among top PG's in his last season playing for Bar

Learning to shoot layups Partizan's Avatar

To be honest I never really liked Rubio, always felt like he would be known as choker in his career...
    But his last season in NBA made me to start liking him... There is no basketball fan who didn't enjoy seeing him play last year...
    It is obvious that NBA style of play suits him better, he has no outside shot and with congested space in Euroleague due to no defensive 3 seconds, he was never really able to score efficently. Main reason for his sub par last season in Europe is that all teams started sagging off him, his defender was closing his passing lanes and he had no space to operate as he was unable to penetrate or score from the outside consistently.
    It will be interesting to see will NBA teams change their D to counter him and how he will react to it...

In this case, I have to agree with the "coach's fault" excuse. It's not only been him, Barcelona's current PG, Marcelinho Huertas, has suffered the same fate. Pascual's (coach) system is just not PG friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Not really comparable, specially considering the stat you'd be most interested in is assists per game (harder to get assists in FIBA ball).