Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2007, 11:49 PM   #91
number23
Decent playground baller
 
number23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 329
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHonestTruth
He won those additional 3 rings with a lot of ref help. Think of him as DWade's ancestor. Stern so wanted him to win those rings because Jordan = $$$$$$$$$$$$. Greatest salesman in sport history.


You're clearly a moron and should stop all posting. Refs dont win you 3 peats.
number23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:49 PM   #92
reppy
Apparently likes anime
 
reppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,004
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

I hated his guts.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:07 AM   #93
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS
 
RainierBeachPoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: seattle
Posts: 6,526
Default overexposure

i was in awe of jordan his first couple years in the league

i have always respected his hoops ability

the reason i started cheering against jordan was not hoops related--- it was the marketing blitz. at some point, it seemed like EVERYTHING was about michael and he was seen just about EVERYWHERE

i enjoyed (and still do) many aspects of the nba game and at the time magic bird and isiah were at the top of their games as were their teams. even though jordan was the marketing "IT" man, the bulls couldnt get past the pistons or celtics--- yet

and in general, i am against deifying any human. he just may the goat, but he is no god



why do you think some people enjoy seeing his gambling, marital, and nike child labor problems over the years...

like glove_20, how i wanted my 1996 sonics to bring him and every jordan-worshipper down to earth; they had the last laugh over me however ---and i tip my hat to mj

Last edited by RainierBeachPoet : 03-30-2007 at 12:20 AM.
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:25 AM   #94
Loki
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,106
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHonestTruth
He won those additional 3 rings with a lot of ref help. Think of him as DWade's ancestor. Stern so wanted him to win those rings because Jordan = $$$$$$$$$$$$. Greatest salesman in sport history.

I must've been imagining the 34/7/6 average along with two game-winning shots and one game-winning assist just in the '97 Finals. The refs handed it to him.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:28 AM   #95
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan
 
Timmy D for MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California
Posts: 7,275
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

I think it's funny when people say they didn't like him as a person, or that his personality wasn't likeable. Did you know him personally? I don't think it's fair to assume athletes are always like the way they are surrounding a game.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:50 AM   #96
Soccer10
Banned
 
Soccer10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: _ _
Posts: 865
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
I think it's funny when people say they didn't like him as a person, or that his personality wasn't likeable. Did you know him personally? I don't think it's fair to assume athletes are always like the way they are surrounding a game.



Kobe?
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:56 AM   #97
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan
 
Timmy D for MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California
Posts: 7,275
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer10
Kobe?

Well I meant about anyone, but I was respnoding to something someone said about Mike.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:57 AM   #98
Soccer10
Banned
 
Soccer10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: _ _
Posts: 865
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Trust me, as a Jordan fan you absolutley have nothing to complain about.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:15 AM   #99
Rasheed1
NBA All-star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 9,938
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Quote:
And you call yourself a Christian.

If he is so hard to like he really wouldn't have any fans. You hate on him for things he can't control. You don't have an obligation to act logically. And you are hating him for things beyond his control. Jordan has some idiotic fans. Is that a good reason to hate Jordan? NO. Villians in sports? You might be one of them fundies.

He was immature regarding the Shaq situation. But it is obvious he has become more mature and to hate him for something that is in the past is illogical. You say you are a Christian but don't forgive people when they do wrong. It is illogical to hate someone when they have changed. If everyone had your attitude no one would get along with anybody. And, it is very stupid and idiotic of you to accuse him of rape. I think you really crossed the line there pal. That proves your illogiocal hatred towards him Rasheed. You are a joke. Call yourself a Christian. Christians forgive people for past transgressions, fundy.

When did I ever say I was a christian? I gave that up along with Pork and Shell fish a long time ago....

anyway, You have some issues if you take this stuff that seriously... Its a plain fact that not everybody is going to like and root for every player...

Fans today are getting a bit too sensitive about something that isnt that deep..

Villans and heroes are a part of sports....its what makes sports soo fun..... When you can get heroes and vilans to become rivals is when it is most fun (like Magic vs. Bird or Barkley vs. Laimbeer).. Thats what fans look foward to... Your hero beatin your most hated player....

dont take it so personal, I dont hate Kobe Bryant as a human being...I dont wish bad luck on him in his personal life or anything like that...I just dont like his primadonna attitude and I enjoy watching him fail and seeing his fans scramble up new excuses time after time He is great player and he has been improving...but I dont like him
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:19 AM   #100
Soccer10
Banned
 
Soccer10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: _ _
Posts: 865
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

So you guys who hate Kobe or don't like him..

Let me ask you one question but please be honest, don't lie..

You say you enjoy watching him fail..

Say, the Lakers play a team like the Bucks..

but at the same time a team like the Heat (Wade) or Cavs (LeBron) play a team like the Blazers.

Which game do you watch?

Please be honest.

Kobe, the one you want to see fail or Wade and LeBron, guys that you have no real feelings for?

So, who do you watch?
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:28 AM   #101
MaxFly
Stylin' on you
 
MaxFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 7,836
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

I've always liked Jordan, but I was a Magic fan back in the 90s and Penny was my favorite player, so while I did like the Bulls, I wasn't above rooting against them every now and then. Honestly, I just had too much appreciation for what Jordan and the Bulls were doing to dislike them. Most NBA lovers feel the same, or at the very least, should feel the same.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:36 AM   #102
Heilige
An Icon Forever
 
Heilige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: location,location
Posts: 3,468
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
When did I ever say I was a christian? I gave that up along with Pork and Shell fish a long time ago....

anyway, You have some issues if you take this stuff that seriously... Its a plain fact that not everybody is going to like and root for every player...

Fans today are getting a bit too sensitive about something that isnt that deep..

Villans and heroes are a part of sports....its what makes sports soo fun..... When you can get heroes and vilans to become rivals is when it is most fun (like Magic vs. Bird or Barkley vs. Laimbeer).. Thats what fans look foward to... Your hero beatin your most hated player....

dont take it so personal, I dont hate Kobe Bryant as a human being...I dont wish bad luck on him in his personal life or anything like that...I just dont like his primadonna attitude and I enjoy watching him fail and seeing his fans scramble up new excuses time after time He is great player and he has been improving...but I dont like him


You have decided to cast Kobe as a villian. Why? He doesn't have a primadonna attitude at this point. He has matured. Why can't you see that?
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:49 AM   #103
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,832
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Its like they say history repeats itself. MJ was the best back then and people hated him. Kobe is the best now and people hate him. I dont get it do u guys actually have a reason for hating these people or is it just cuz they beat ur fav team/player or cuz they have more rings and titles and awards than ur fav player.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:33 AM   #104
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light
 
Knoe Itawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,292
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
Its like they say history repeats itself. MJ was the best back then and people hated him. Kobe is the best now and people hate him. I dont get it do u guys actually have a reason for hating these people or is it just cuz they beat ur fav team/player or cuz they have more rings and titles and awards than ur fav player.

What in the world are you talking about? Jordan was the most popular player perhaps in the history of sports. Every player is going to have people that dislike him, but it was NOTHING like how people hate Kobe Bryant.

In other words, your post is straight bullshyt.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:39 AM   #105
Soccer10
Banned
 
Soccer10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: _ _
Posts: 865
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Jordan perhaps wasn't hated but you need to factor in that there was no internet at the time and the media wasn't as bad as today etc.
They easily could've created a different image about Jordan.

However, what I've heard is that he was criticized in the 80's for being a ballhog and a guy who can't make people around him better.
Obviously, I can't speak to that because I wasn't even born during his first few seasons but I've also read some stuff.

Is it also true that once a reporter asked him why he doesn't make players around him better and he responded with "gimme better players"..or something like that?

I've heard many people say that what Jordan was going through in the 80's is somewhat simliar to what Kobe's going through now.

Didn't Jordan become all that when he beat the Lakers? I dunno, just what I've heard..
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:25 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy