Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Default Re: Sons of Anarchy Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
    Feel free to spoil it for me via PM anyone who has seen it already. I'll watch it later, but don't feel like waiting to hear what happened.
    Sent you a PM.

We still don't know the full truth about JT's murder. I think it will still be a big topic next season. The Opie/Jax drama will obviously be central and I think and old guard/new guard beef will be a big storyline in the club. I feel like its only a matter of tim before the skeletons in Gemma's closet come back to haunt her tho. The Niners will be improtant too obviously

I kinda found the lyric change in House of the Rising Sun to be cheesy lol. Just sing the original song.
    Last edited by Jailblazers7; 12-07-2011 at 12:40 AM.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Yeah, I think this splits up the club next season. Clay will have Tig back on his side now and the Irish. More secrets will come out about JT and Jax will find out that Gemma had way more to do with it.

The only good thing about this finale is that it means Danny Trejo and Ron Perlman will be back next season.

I almost lol'd at Happy's face when he saw Jax at the gavel.

Not a exciting season finale but kept me on the edge of my seat. Fitting conclusion to the best season so far. Cant wait till next season. Still so many storylines that were kept open to make things exciting.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I'm really torn on this season finale.

On the pro side, the set up for next year is really good. Clay has leverage because of the Irish that he doesn't even know about. He doesn't know, in fact no one knows, except for Jax and Tara, why Jax is so desperate to consumate the Gallindo/Irish deal. Chibbs has been moved up, mainly to help Jax in his facilitating the Irish, but he's gonna be torn between Jax and Clay, and with Jax unable to tell him his true motives, it will put Chibbs in an interesting spot.
    Bobby as well, will be getting unknown assistance from Jax, for reason's Jax can't divulge.
    Tig is seething.
    Opie is a loose canon that doesn't trust either Jax or Clay, and with Jax unable to tell Opie his motives for staying, and continuing to say things like "I need you to trust me Bro!", it leaves the door open for Clay to manipulate Op back to his side to some degree.
    Lincoln Potter and Sheriff Eli remain intriguing, perhaps more intriguing than they were before due to how each ended the episode.

The Con, one big one really. The reveal of Gallindo was just cheesey. It was a sorry mechanism to write themselves out of the situation, almost akin to the Bobby Ewing dream sequence in which all of a sudden it was as if they just erased the entire season, hold on ... this didn't count. I really didn't like it. And the way it was done wasn't even well executed. They walk onto Potter's set up with a hertofore unmentioned CIA dude with a sheet of paper and shut everything down all before they even play the theme song. Then they bring Jax into a seperate room after this huge Irish deal falls through, flash him a couple badges, which makes no sense, I don't think they'd be getting badged just because the CIA is using one Cartel against another, and everything for whatever reason is perfectly clear to Jax. And all this before the first act.

Also, as much as I like Potter as a character, he'd better turn into something big next season. Because otherwise him setting up this big sting only to be stripped down like this and then disappear would just be confusing.

I was confused by the badges too. For a second I couldn't figure out if they were CIA undercover or legit cartel working for the CIA because I couldn't understand why members of a cartel would be given badges even if they are cooperating with the CIA.

It did seem pretty lazy and rushed the way they revealed it. That should have been something that was built up to and revealed in the last 15 minutes of the episode, not something that's over and done with in the first 3-4 minutes. I guess Sutter rushed it because he wanted to focus on Jax's dilemma but it could have been handled a lot better.

It will be interesting to see next season tho because things have been set up so well for it.

Local High School Star Harrison_Barnes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I almost lol'd at Happy's face when he saw Jax at the gavel.
    Hahah me too.

All in all though, it was a good episode. I wish they would have shown if Opie was going to join Jax or not.. I hate waiting for new seasons to start.

Yes, just finished SOA season 4.. i liked the season.. the season finale fell a little..and i mean a little short.. I wish i coulve seen more of a cliffhanger than that. Is it just me or that last pic of Jax taking the throne fits better for a series finale no?but oh well.. overall one of the best seasons of SOA

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    Sent you a PM.

Just from reading the rundown it all seems kind of lame, which is disappointing. This season had the potential to have a very huge finale, but I guess they need to find a way to extend it a couple more seasons.
    Last edited by sunsfan1357; 12-07-2011 at 01:38 PM.

WTF was that? Nothing was concluded in this season ffs! They started the season with the Sons trying to act as an intermediary between the Irish and the Cartel which did not happen. Season started with Potter putting up a RICO operation to take down the Sons/IRA/Cartel which again did not go anywhere. The season started with Jax promising Tara to leave Charming which again went to shit. What did happen during this season besides lame fight scenes and dragging a dead plot which truly needs a reconsideration. JT letters are still a problem since Season One
    **** this, this show aint going nowhere...

Local High School Star

So many thoughts on this show.

Last season we were blind sided at the end of the episode, this year we got it at the very start.

Last year we truly were left hanging, this year we got a glimpse of next season due to the early blind side.

Potter. His walking in on city council meeting and dumping all that crud on the floor shows he is much much more wired into the town than just a RICO case. He's dug in. He'll be back.

Clay. I don't know, Jax and crowd seem set to roll but I'm not sure how Clay will work into this next season. The club needs him for the Irish does he need the club? He doesn't know why the Jax needs him, on the surface it's just to deal with the Irish and that could easily be tweeked with Clay telling the Irish Jax is good to deal with and Clay could step back.

Interesting ending that leaves next season wide open. I see the club getting back to it's roots. When Jax told the Cartel the club was over it's head that left the door open for a return to normal everyday club law breaking activities and with CIA protection the Cartel Irish aspect could become a secondary storyline. There's no danger in it any longer

Can't wait. Still hooked

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    The only great thing about this episode was Potter. He's by far my favorite character on the show now and there's still a mystery behind him because he was clearly looking out for Charming and SAMCRO.

Potter really was great in this episode. That was hilarious when he brought that little boy doll to the town meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

I kinda found the lyric change in House of the Rising Sun to be cheesy lol. Just sing the original song.
    Completely agree, I like how they always do their own versions of the song, but usually they keep the words the same, I thought adding Charming was completely cheesy and unecesary too