Default Raptors trade targets

Rumor has it that the following players are in discussions: Thaddeus Young, Ryan Anderson, Kenneth Faried, P.J. Tucker and Markieff Morris.

All of the above players brings a very different skillset, who is the best fit?
    Who are we most likely to get?

Default Re: Raptors trade targets

The most likely is PJ Tucker and Ryan Anderson. Another 3&D player with only 2 years left. Ryan Anderson only has 1 year left and is a shooter/scorer. Both the best fits.

Young, Faried, and Morris all have longer deals and are not good fits next to JV. Just have no reason to take that Morris contract.

Local High School Star

Best fit would be faried or morris. They need a capable rebounder and someone to help JV in the post. Every team we lose to is because they have bigger guys in the paint. Its happened over and over and over. Timberwolves perfect example. Washington, Chicago. Faried and Morris help out with that. Tucker and Anderson spend all their time on the outside and woukd really do very litle for this team

Al Horford? Cost too much?

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA

One contender who is not interested in Phoenix's Markieff Morris: The Toronto Raptors.
    Scratch Markieff off the list. Wouldn't have made any sense, IMO.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA

Scratch Markieff off the list. Wouldn't have made any sense, IMO.
    Seems to be a headcase and probably want too much or tcombination of getting low balled. Whatever the case its done with.

PS horford would be my number one target. although bulls have offered Gibson for patterson. IMHO best deal. Dont have to really give up anything and get a guy who hustles plays d and rebounds.

Local High School Star

So many people predicting an acquisition at the 4....

I will be a little counter intuitive.

There have been so many rumors about Nick ~ Nicholas Batum back in the Portland days - Charlotte ...

I thought that after the Tross signing it was done... no way. They wouldn't tie that money up in another 2 /3

But if Casey and Masai envision playing "small big ball" with James and Demare out in the 4 more often there is some room. And/or the Hornets are at least interested enough in the stability of Tross contract (size duration) given the cap is about to explode...

I dunno there have just been so many confirmed rumours (Batum is French - likes Canada - Batum likes Toronto - etc etc etc) that I think its a case of where there is smoke there is fire.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jballer
    So many people predicting an acquisition at the 4....

I will be a little counter intuitive.

There have been so many rumors about Nick ~ Nicholas Batum back in the Portland days - Charlotte ...

I thought that after the Tross signing it was done... no way. They wouldn't tie that money up in another 2 /3

But if Casey and Masai envision playing "small big ball" with James and Demare out in the 4 more often there is some room. And/or the Hornets are at least interested enough in the stability of Tross contract (size duration) given the cap is about to explode...

I dunno there have just been so many confirmed rumours (Batum is French - likes Canada - Batum likes Toronto - etc etc etc) that I think its a case of where there is smoke there is fire.

Cool observation I dont think its gonna happen but you never know. In order of people I think interest and should be the folowing at the four

Horford
    Gasol
    Gibson

https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS/st...862402?lang=en

Two teams interested in seeing where Sean Marks stands on Thaddeus Young: Toronto and Boston. Likely more, Young an appealing player.
    Seems like Thad Young has come out as the likely pick up. Don't know if they can outbid Bostons in a potential pick(s) war trade.

Local High School Star

This is seven months ago...

Batum is an impending unrestricted free agent on a borderline playoff team, diving into an unprecedented cap frenzy in which two-dozen suitors could offer $20 million per season. Batum

Local High School Star

Another wasted deadline. going out in the first. Thanks GM! Wiz get morris Clev gets frye we get nothing. About to lose Demar in FA and were going right back to the bottom. Well done! Does nobody in this organization have the balls to pull the trigger when it matters?

I don't see a move that would have made the team THAT much better. I'm sure the team is just waiting for Carroll to come back into the lineup at full strength and that will be their "pick up".

The long term goal at PF will probably come in the off season. Bruno might finally crack the rotation lineup next season, I doubt Batum will come here if the keeps the core players.