Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 11-24-2008, 12:56 PM   #1
Moose

Default Eddie Jordan fired as coach of the Washington Wizards

http://www.nba.com/2008/news/11/24/w....ap/index.html

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Eddie Jordan was fired as coach of the Washington Wizards on Monday after opening the season 1-10 without injured starters Gilbert Arenas and Brendan Haywood.

Ed Tapscott, the Wizards' director of player development, will replace Jordan on an interim basis, running his first practice as the team's new head coach Monday morning, a team spokesman said.

The firing was first reported by the Washington Post on its Web site.

Jordan was in his sixth season with the Wizards and led the team to the playoffs each of the past four. In September, shortly before the start of training camp, the Wizards picked up a one-year option to keep him under contract through the 2009-10 season.

He leaves as the Eastern Conference's longest-tenured coach and No. 3 in the NBA behind Jerry Sloan of the Utah Jazz and Gregg Popovich of the San Antonio Spurs.

I did not see this coming even with their 1-10 start. They should hire Avery Johnson, they need that defense mentality.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Eddie Jordan fired as coach of the Washington Wizards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
http://www.nba.com/2008/news/11/24/w....ap/index.html

I did not see this coming even with their 1-10 start. They should hire Avery Johnson, they need that defense mentality.

Sad to see Eddie Jordan Get fired, well he earned it
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:34 AM   #3
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

I understand why they fired him, but the timing seems wrong to me what with the roster all f-ed up as it is
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 03:20 PM   #4
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

I wouldnt have been fired if this guy was there http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggTVqpKrwx8
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: