Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 01-31-2009, 11:42 PM   #1
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Two blowouts by Pacer/Mavs.... still want Heat to trade Marion?

With all the recent jumping to conclusions of a couple solid games without Marion led to alot of people thinking we could benefit from trading Marion. But I think it's pretty obvious we really need him, or someone like him out on the perimeter.

When you saw the teams that dismantled us this season.. it usually by consistently shooting well from the outside. In the losses to Memphis, the Bucks, Toronto, and these last two losses against the Pacers & Mavericks, its teams controlling the defense with their outside shooting. Then when the players close out too hard, they drive to the basket and get the Heat to pickup weak fouls.

So what do you think? Some will still argue the Heat can't stay at home defensively against perimeter oriented teams because we have no shot blocking, and if we traded for more size, it would make the team better still. What do you think?
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:37 PM   #2
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Two blowouts by Pacer/Mavs.... still want Heat to trade Marion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
With all the recent jumping to conclusions of a couple solid games without Marion led to alot of people thinking we could benefit from trading Marion. But I think it's pretty obvious we really need him, or someone like him out on the perimeter.

When you saw the teams that dismantled us this season.. it usually by consistently shooting well from the outside. In the losses to Memphis, the Bucks, Toronto, and these last two losses against the Pacers & Mavericks, its teams controlling the defense with their outside shooting. Then when the players close out too hard, they drive to the basket and get the Heat to pickup weak fouls.

So what do you think? Some will still argue the Heat can't stay at home defensively against perimeter oriented teams because we have no shot blocking, and if we traded for more size, it would make the team better still. What do you think?

If we trade Marion we'll have a holl at SF, & if we don trade Marion we have a holl at C. either way we'll have a holl somewhere.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #3
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Well yeah, we'll have a hole at either the C or SF with the current team or proposed trade rumor of Jermaine O'Neal... but what I'm asking is which one do you think makes the team better?

A physical man-man post defender & shot blocker the perimeter players can fall back on allowing them to stay home outside against players? or the havoc wreaking versatile perimeter defense the Heat has grown into having as it's identity while hoping for weakside blocking help?

I think they should stick with what they know... stay with the hard closeouts on the perimeter players and wreak havoc with their small size. There aren't many low post forces in the East, but there are plenty of devastating wing threats that make Marion very useful.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:39 AM   #4
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

If Jo was 100% & still played like a few years ago, then id say JO. But since he is not, then am leaning towards keeping Marion to. But if for any chance, JO start playing out of his mind in the next two weeks, then i may lean towards him. Right now i think ill stick with Marion, but we still have two weeks left.
Am just hoping that Pat has some trade that we have not herd of yet that is better then anything we've herd so far. In other words, i hope Pat can pull a rabbit out of his hat.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #5
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Haha, yeah me too. I hope he somehow fools everyone and gets both Okafor & Gerald Wallace for Marion straight up, or works Al Jefferson & Mike Miller for Marion & Banks.

Completely one ups the whole league.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #6
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Quote:
Haha, yeah me too. I hope he somehow fools everyone and gets both Okafor & Gerald Wallace for Marion straight up, or works Al Jefferson & Mike Miller for Marion & Banks.

Completely one ups the whole league.

From what i read, it looks like Pat is trying for Amare, but most teams are too. PHX wants young talent & expirings for him. But at this time of the year you hear all sorts of crazy rumors. Most trades the Pat pulls off, about 80, to 85 % of them we never even hear about beforehand. So if he does do a trade, expect the unexpected from Pat, cause thats just the way he is.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:25 AM   #7
Pat Reilly
I hit open layups

Pat Reilly has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Well yeah, we'll have a hole at either the C or SF with the current team or proposed trade rumor of Jermaine O'Neal... but what I'm asking is which one do you think makes the team better?

A physical man-man post defender & shot blocker the perimeter players can fall back on allowing them to stay home outside against players? or the havoc wreaking versatile perimeter defense the Heat has grown into having as it's identity while hoping for weakside blocking help?

I think they should stick with what they know... stay with the hard closeouts on the perimeter players and wreak havoc with their small size. There aren't many low post forces in the East, but there are plenty of devastating wing threats that make Marion very useful.

If Jermaine O'Neal were 100% healthy I say go for it... if not... no way... and I suspect the latter... that he is injury prone and run down... and will simply not return to his former abilities.

Pat Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #8
kshutts1
Decent college freshman

kshutts1 is considered somewhat coolkshutts1 is considered somewhat cool

This will be old news when you read this, but

Marion and Banks
for
Jermaine and Moon

I think the Heat owned this trade. Moon is a slightly worse Marion, and Jermaine could be that extra thing you need, as long as he and Wade stay healthy.

Great trade for the Heat, only problem is that it keeps them financially strapped for a bit longer, but if Beasley, Jermaine and Wade all grow together.. along with Moon and Chalmers... look out
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #9
Stacey King
ROY=D-Rose

Stacey King has an OK reputation so far

Congrats on the trade, it could pay major dividends if JO stays healthy. If not, his contract is off the books before the free-agent bonanza, and then the Heat can re-sign Wade and maybe target another free agent. Seems like a great deal to me.
Stacey King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #10
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

JO is a class act and a very good low post threat. If he stays healthy he will be a very good player for you. If he doesn't, your strapped for 45 million over the next two seasons. High risk/high reward scenario.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #11
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not really a high risk. They only have him for a season and a half. Either an expensive rental or a great low post threat offensively and defensively. I'm hoping for the latter. JO has been nothing but class, and I hope he remains healthy and helps the Heat make a deep playoff run.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:52 PM   #12
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

We cant forget that we also get rid of Banks contract for 2010. as well as a future 1st, maybe even a future 2nd, & a 4mill trade exception that we could use for a back up PG or something. + we could still make a run at Amare with Beasley, Blount, Wright, & a 2nd, or that 1st if Pat thinks its a good idea. Either way i think Pat has at least one more small move left before Thursday.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: