Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 02-19-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation
Default Lowry gone?

just read it on espn, we are getting a first round pick from orlando in exchange

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...Roundup-090218
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:20 PM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lowry gone?

We'll have to wait until it's made official, but I guess it kind of makes sense. Lowry hasn't been looking that good under Hollins. Trading Lowry will also give Jaric more playing time, which is good, because he is playing quite well recently.

If it's an '09 first round pick, then that should be good. We might be able to pick up some solid talent with 2 first round picks (our own first rounder and Magic's).
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation

I'll miss Kyle but like Kehab has said, he hasn't looked so good under Hollins. Hopefully he does well. We get more cap space and a pick. The Grizzlies future is looking bright.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Conley is playing so freaking well, I can't believe its the same player.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #5
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

I love this trade. More cap space and a first round pick. I hope its a pick in the upcoming draft.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:42 PM   #6
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
I love this trade. More cap space and a first round pick. I hope its a pick in the upcoming draft.

yeah hopefully we use a late 1st round pick to get a shooter, maybe from europe who knows
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:32 AM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo
yeah hopefully we use a late 1st round pick to get a shooter, maybe from europe who knows

I would love for ty lawson or wayne ellington or even jody meaks to fall to that pick.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #8
marqui78
Can barely lace up my sneakers

marqui78 has an OK reputation so far

I agree I hoping we get DeJuan Blair, Terrence Williams could be the next Gerald Wallace.
marqui78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:40 AM   #9
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by marqui78
I agree I hoping we get DeJuan Blair, Terrence Williams could be the next Gerald Wallace.
Finally, someone with a brain.

J/K

Seriously though, I would love to have Blair. He's my favourite college player and is one of my favourite players to watch, including NBA players. Hell, I might even say that he is my favourite player. The guy is just an animal. I can't wait to see how good he can be at the NBA level.

However, he might have to fall a bit for us to pick him up with our pick from Orlando.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #10
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Finally, someone with a brain.

J/K

Seriously though, I would love to have Blair. He's my favourite college player and is one of my favourite players to watch, including NBA players. Hell, I might even say that he is my favourite player. The guy is just an animal. I can't wait to see how good he can be at the NBA level.

However, he might have to fall a bit for us to pick him up with our pick from Orlando.

Blair is going top ten or at least in the lottery. We could draft him with our first pick. But I would only do that if we fall o far to get one of the bigs in the top picks.

I think we should draft a small forward and then sign paul milsap with our cap money. And another shooter in free agency. Maybe rashard mccants or korver.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:06 PM   #11
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Blair is going top ten or at least in the lottery. We could draft him with our first pick. But I would only do that if we fall o far to get one of the bigs in the top picks.

I think we should draft a small forward and then sign paul milsap with our cap money. And another shooter in free agency. Maybe rashard mccants or korver.
Draftexpress has Blair going at around the 18/19th spot. NBADraft don't have him going until the 23rd pick. I do think that his stock is definitly going to increase though. If Pitt can make a deep run during the tournament, then I think his draft value will really shoot up. The only thing holding him back is his height, but he has the length, weight and tenacity to make up for it.

The top 5 guys are Griffin, Harden, Monroe, Thabeet and Hill. If we get a top 5 pick, we should look at any one of them. Thabeet and Hill would be the most likely ones that we get. If we fall past the 5th spot, then who knows who we should pick up. There aren't many potentially great players after the 5th spot, Jennings? Clark? Curry? All solid players that should be looked at.

With the pick from Orlando, we're looking at getting a pick at about 25 or so, most likely lower.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:31 PM   #12
marqui78
Can barely lace up my sneakers

marqui78 has an OK reputation so far

I want us to try and get an outside shooter. The perfect draft could be getting Jordan Hill, DeJuan Blair, and Dionte Christmas. Hill add post scoring and some toughness, Christmas bring three point shooting, and Blair is just a beast.

Getting an additional 1st can go along way for us. I hope the Grizz be just as active Portland was in the Brandon Roy draft. I'm not against them buying picks. Portland brought the pick that netted them Rudy F. and Batum. Found a team don't need the pick like Boston, Lakers, or Hornets.
marqui78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:41 PM   #13
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah thats my bad I meant to say that blair would go top 20 not top ten.

I would love to get blair or patterson. Maybe even demar rozan. With the first pick I wouldnt mind getting hill or the freshman sf from wake forrest Al-Farouq Aminu. Then with the round two pick I would like to get meaks or terrence williams.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:31 AM   #14
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Yeah thats my bad I meant to say that blair would go top 20 not top ten.

I would love to get blair or patterson. Maybe even demar rozan. With the first pick I wouldnt mind getting hill or the freshman sf from wake forrest Al-Farouq Aminu. Then with the round two pick I would like to get meaks or terrence williams.

i really like Greg Monroe
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:35 AM   #15
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo
i really like Greg Monroe

I like his game as well. But the last ten games he hasnt played that well. He isnt showing much consistency. He is getting weaker as the season progresses. As opposed to the other top prospects.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: