Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Heavy Minutes are taking their toll

It was bad enough having a condensed season, worse that Brown was overplaying his key guys heavy minutes. Now the effect of those back to back overtime games is showing. Kobe and Pau are playing with dead legs, it's painful to watch, I knew they were going to hit this wall hard eventually and here we are. I question if Brown understands that ultimately it's about being 100% healthy and ready to go in the playoffs....not have such a good regular season record and fold quickly in the 1st round. Cleveland????
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Heavy Minutes are taking their toll

Yeah. I agree. I knew this would come.
You can't have Kobe play THAT MANY minutes in THAT MANY games in a short amount of time. Add how much he is a crucial and important factor and he's going I get tired. Anyone would.
Insert a 33 yr old with 16 years under his belt?
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
DKLaker

This is an old tired subject BUT, I still wish the Lakers had done the deal to trade Pau to Houston for Scola, Martin, Dragic and their #1 pick.
I am 100% positive we would be a much better team right now......add to that we could have still done the deal to get Sessions, this would give us both Sessions AND Dragic......take your pick as starter with the other off the bench.
Had we done that we could've easily given up Blake too and probably secured Beasley.....that would be championship on lock and would allow Kobe to rest.
Sorry for re-hashing this AGAIN but it really is bugging me
Old 03-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #4
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
This is an old tired subject BUT, I still wish the Lakers had done the deal to trade Pau to Houston for Scola, Martin, Dragic and their #1 pick.
I am 100% positive we would be a much better team right now......add to that we could have still done the deal to get Sessions, this would give us both Sessions AND Dragic......take your pick as starter with the other off the bench.
Had we done that we could've easily given up Blake too and probably secured Beasley.....that would be championship on lock and would allow Kobe to rest.
Sorry for re-hashing this AGAIN but it really is bugging me

Well, there is always the summer to trade Pau.. IDK who you get for him at this point tho... I really wish there was a way to get D-Will for Pau but it seems like D-Will is going to the Mavs at this point during the summer. With Sessions here to solidify the PG position, we now need to focus on the SF position and the bench.

Can the Lakers still use their amnesty during the summer? Cut ties with Ron Artest with the amnesty. Get some money off the books (Artest is washed up).

I would bring Matt Barnes back for the full veterans minimum. He is great for backing up the SF position and for some minutes at backing up Kobe at SG. We need him back! He is not exactly a starter-level player tho; solid for backing up multiple positions and for grind-it-out defense and hustling offense but not stable starter.

We just need a consistent shooter off the bench man.. Luke failed. Radmanovick failed. Sasha failed. Kapono failed. Maybe Lakers could give couple million from MLE to Steve Novak to provide some shooting off the bench? Try him next LoL.. Maybe JR Smith? Experiment with him; get Kobe to set him straight. Need a decent KyleKorver-type shooter badly off the bench DESPERATELY!!

Last edited by bladefd : 03-21-2012 at 06:05 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would have loved that deal to houston from a fan standpoint. I dont know where to search numbers from, but the deal for Chris Paul was going to save the lakeshow 21 mill in lux taxes over three years.

I think that deal with houston would have been a financial burden, simply because we would have received 3 - 4 players, + a high first rounder which we are expected to either use to pay a player, or trade that pick for another good player commanding big money.

Every deal made this season was to save cash, and the lakeshow got much better with the ramon deal, while saving cash. Its really smart business. Not another GM i'd rather have in the league other than Kuptchak.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #6
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I would have loved that deal to houston from a fan standpoint. I dont know where to search numbers from, but the deal for Chris Paul was going to save the lakeshow 21 mill in lux taxes over three years.

I think that deal with houston would have been a financial burden, simply because we would have received 3 - 4 players, + a high first rounder which we are expected to either use to pay a player, or trade that pick for another good player commanding big money.

Every deal made this season was to save cash, and the lakeshow got much better with the ramon deal, while saving cash. Its really smart business. Not another GM i'd rather have in the league other than Kuptchak.

To do that deal with Houston we would've taken a hit of 3 million plus luxury taxes.......since we were saving money from not only the Odom deal but ALSO......the difference between Mike Brown's salary and Phil's.....this is something I haven't heard or seen in any discussions. That draft pick wouldn't be as high as you think and it was a viable trade asset or could have been sold for $$$$$$. In any regard the deal was very easy to complete without any stress. Mitch did well but has no shot at G.M of the year.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #7
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
It was bad enough having a condensed season, worse that Brown was overplaying his key guys heavy minutes. Now the effect of those back to back overtime games is showing. Kobe and Pau are playing with dead legs, it's painful to watch, I knew they were going to hit this wall hard eventually and here we are. I question if Brown understands that ultimately it's about being 100% healthy and ready to go in the playoffs....not have such a good regular season record and fold quickly in the 1st round. Cleveland????

and it's ugly ball to watch too.... Stern is wrong in his assessment that
the year is going better than he expected.... 66 games in 120 days is too
much especially considering the travel...
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #8
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
and it's ugly ball to watch too.... Stern is wrong in his assessment that
the year is going better than he expected.... 66 games in 120 days is too
much especially considering the travel...

This is the result of having a commissioner who never played a sport and doesn't listen to his people in the office who did play. It was very obvious that the injuries were going to go through the roof.
I gotta give credit to coach Pop who is the only guy smart enough to manage minutes with a focus on being strong in the playoffs.
Yeah.....this is very ugly basketball we are watching.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
This is the result of having a commissioner who never played a sport and doesn't listen to his people in the office who did play. It was very obvious that the injuries were going to go through the roof.
I gotta give credit to coach Pop who is the only guy smart enough to manage minutes with a focus on being strong in the playoffs.
Yeah.....this is very ugly basketball we are watching.

Yeah but thankfully stern is going to retire soon. Sick of him. Pop played Timmy a lot of minutes but he always took time outs to rest him longer because he really needed him in there.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #10
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah, we've mentioned this in other threads. We all knew this was coming. You can't ride players that hard and expect them to make it through a season. Brown really hasn't had any kind of rotation so that's made things even worse. Hopefully with this finally getting some attention Brown will give the guys some rest before the playoffs.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: