Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star Skyscraper's Avatar

Default What is post count good for?

just a tally of how many posts? or does it also mean that the more posts = the better posters?
    i see hotsizzle is at #1. does that mean he is the best poster? or does that mean he just posts a lot?
    same for VCdrivesaporsche. i think he's a Nets fan. damn those Nets. always beating the Knicks
    then I see a big gap in between a bunch of 7000 posters. are they also good?

Default Re: What is post count good for?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyscraper
    just a tally of how many posts? or does it also mean that the more posts = the better posters?
    i see hotsizzle is at #1. does that mean he is the best poster? or does that mean he just posts a lot?
    same for VCdrivesaporsche. i think he's a Nets fan. damn those Nets. always beating the Knicks
    then I see a big gap in between a bunch of 7000 posters. are they also good?

Wizardly Cool
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Until you reach say 250+ posts, you'll be no one on this message board. However, that doesn't mean more post = better posters. Once your name is out there, you've solidified yourself on the boards (for better or worse), but until then, what you say really doesn't mean jack sh*t.

Don't make the mistake of posting a bunch of garbage just to boost your post count. Keep them quality focused. Remember Quality > Quantity. Having an avatar would help too. Avatars are the staple of your hidden personality.

Moose

Quote Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool
    Until you reach say 250+ posts, you'll be no one on this message board. However, that doesn't mean more post = better posters. Once your name is out there, you've solidified yourself on the boards (for better or worse), but until then, what you say really doesn't mean jack sh*t.

Don't make the mistake of posting a bunch of garbage just to boost your post count. Keep them quality focused. Remember Quality > Quantity. Having an avatar would help too. Avatars are the staple of your hidden personality.
    Well said. Quality is what matters more than number of posts.

The higher your post count, the less chances of getting owned in arguments by people with thousands of posts.

In all seriousness, it doesn't really matter. Just have a sufficient amount (250+) and you'll be fine. Quality > Quantity.

All right. But I see a lot of posters who type in one sentence or one of the smileys and then call it a day.

am I to assume Lebron23 is worthless because he just put a smiley face so his post count goes up by one?

All right. But I see a lot of posters who type in one sentence or one of the smileys and then call it a day.

am I to assume Lebron23 is worthless because he just put a smiley face so his post count goes up by one?

I assume that your another fellow poster here who use one of his sock accounts so that you can start a war with me..

Your so worthless and if i know you here i assume you got banned for trolling and disrespecting other poster here.

College star

some people mistake it for the size of their *****, how the two relate i dunno

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I assume that your another fellow poster here who use one of his sock accounts so that you can start a war with me..

Your so worthless and if i know you here i assume you got banned for trolling and disrespecting other poster here.

why all the hate? Im new here. I don't know you from before. I posted a broom in the other thread because you seem to have made a stupid comment and you are a Lebron fan. anyway, i'll ask the jury: is Lebron23 a good poster or a worthless one?

But you are an idiot. Everyone thinks this of you, it's not just the new poster, it's everyone.

rank sentamentalist

Jeff (the owner of the site) reads each and every post that goes through here, and he rates every one of them. An average regular post will just give you the +1 in your post count. An above average post with some new information will give you +2 in your post count. If you make a really good, descriptive post (doesn't even have to be long -- just informative), your count jumps up +3. I've heard of some of the really good posters going up +5, but never actually seen one of the posts.

Your post count becomes eligible to be deducted from once you reach 100 in your post count. Once that happens, if you make any retarded/stupid/bad/worthless posts, your post count will go down -1. I don't think you can ever lose more than one point from your post count, but if you keep getting -1's, eventually your count will go all the way down to 0. Once that happens, that account name gets perma-banned, and you'll have to either leave the site or create a new, different name.

why all the hate? Im new here. I don't know you from before. I posted a broom in the other thread because you seem to have made a stupid comment and you are a Lebron fan. anyway, i'll ask the jury: is Lebron23 a good poster or a worthless one?

I do not need the vote of some of my fellow poster here, I am a cool guy, got the looks that make the girls go Wild.

I just put you on my ignore list newbie.. I would not even argue with a like you.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    But you are an idiot. Everyone thinks this of you, it's not just the new poster, it's everyone.
    You cannot even say it to my face littleman even my 13 yrs.old brother can Knock You Out.

Wizardly Cool

Being a "good" poster takes a combination of many things. Just like playing basketball, getting better or good takes experience and practice. Don't short yourself with weak responses to simple questions. Let me give you an example.

Topic Thread Question - Who's going to win the NBA Finals in 2008?

Weak Response - Dallas Mavericks, duh!

Good Response - Dallas will finally win it next season. They have all the right pieces, and they'll just put it all together this time around.

Even Better Response - The Mavericks will finally win it all next year. They have the team to do it, it'll just take an extra push from Avery Johnson and a little more effort from the team in the post season. Dirk coming off an MVP season will be more determined than ever to take his team to the next level. Everyone else will follow in his footsteps and step up their game a notch as well, especially when it counts in the playoffs.

There's no need to carefully articulate 100% of your responses, however it's important you keep the reader interested in both the material you're presenting and also the manner in which you present it.
    Last edited by Wizardly Cool; 06-19-2007 at 12:05 PM.

You cannot even say it to my face littleman even my 13 yrs.old brother can Knock You Out.
    I got much more important things in life to do than to waste my time stepping up to some punk kid.