Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2014, 06:41 AM   #271
brandonislegend
Old School Cool
 
brandonislegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,335
Default Re: Homeland

This show is ****ing awesome again.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:56 PM   #272
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted
 
bigkingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 1 NBA Championship*
Posts: 19,107
Default Re: Homeland

No one wants to see coocoo Carrie again, hope they wrap this up ASAP.
bigkingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:59 PM   #273
ZeN
Stormblessed
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Roshar
Posts: 22,163
Default Re: Homeland

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
This show is ****ing awesome again.
If by awesome you means an unmitigated mess, that has lost the ability to write characters consistently and maintain a plausible story..then sure it is..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:11 AM   #274
browntown
Local High School Star
 
browntown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Stalking Zen.....
Posts: 1,269
Default Re: Homeland

Oh how this show has fallen. I stopped watching it halfway threw season 3. I was hooked for the first two seasons. It lost its mystic and suspense of whats going to happen next. Oh well, every show has to expire eventually. The key is to end it before it becomes stale.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:13 AM   #275
JohnFreeman
First Kobe fan on ISH
 
JohnFreeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: may the handsome be with you
Posts: 20,739
Default Re: Homeland

I am watching it, but it's really mediocre now.
JohnFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:32 AM   #276
ZeN
Stormblessed
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Roshar
Posts: 22,163
Default Re: Homeland

Quote:
Originally Posted by browntown
Oh how this show has fallen. I stopped watching it halfway threw season 3. I was hooked for the first two seasons. It lost its mystic and suspense of whats going to happen next. Oh well, every show has to expire eventually. The key is to end it before it becomes stale.
We need you as the comic book draft commissioner.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #277
brandonislegend
Old School Cool
 
brandonislegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,335
Default Re: Homeland

She isn't crazy again...she was drugged?
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 02:04 PM   #278
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,795
Default Re: Homeland

This show has become almost unbearable. The end of the last episode was just flat out trolling the audience. I was actually looking forward to this reboot. Getting away from Washington. Clearing out the baggage of the Brody relationship. I was even willing to live with the episode one saying goodbye to the baby, as rediculous as it was, just to clear the decks. There's just no consistency in the characters though. Carrie just does so many dumb things that it's almost impossible to believe her as running anything anymore.

It saved itself with the spring from the end of the episode two weeks ago, which marked one of those surprise moments that the show has been so great at when it was working, but it feels like it was a really temporary life saver. Son's of Anarchy has used those big moments as hooks to keep me around through some otherwise mediocre stuff, but on the whole it never got as bad as this from a character standpoint.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 03:21 PM   #279
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude
 
KevinNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,383
Default Re: Homeland

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
She isn't crazy again...she was drugged?

A. Yes she is*
B. Yeah, probably.


* You can't cure someone from being bipolar. You can treat it, but it doesn't go away. Even if they didn't dope her pills and just replaced them with harmless powder, she would be having issues.

I don't know if those issues would be so apparent after one missed pill. Or if she would start hallucinating which is why I think she was doped, but anything can happen with this show. I still enjoy the show, but there is no way Carrie would be the station chief in Pakistan, even if she weren't nuts and a history of ****ups. I have put reality aside while watching Homeland. Would the husband of the US Ambassador dine at a sidewalk cafe with the ISI official who is extorting him to comit treason. Probably not. * Especially if she is high enough to meet with the head of the CIA. Would a conservative Pashtun leader connected with the Taliban keep the CIA director in his bedroom as he makes love with his wife behind a tent of veils? Or would he find a nice tidy cell for him?


*by the way in real life, a big ex-diplomat and Pakistani expert just had her security clearances revoking and is being investigated by the FBI.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 03:56 PM   #280
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star
 
chazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 10,270
Default Re: Homeland

Definitely drugged. They wouldn't need a pharmacist to compound fluff into gel caps
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:11 PM   #281
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,795
Default Re: Homeland

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
A. Yes she is*
B. Yeah, probably.


* You can't cure someone from being bipolar. You can treat it, but it doesn't go away. Even if they didn't dope her pills and just replaced them with harmless powder, she would be having issues.

I don't know if those issues would be so apparent after one missed pill. Or if she would start hallucinating which is why I think she was doped, but anything can happen with this show. I still enjoy the show, but there is no way Carrie would be the station chief in Pakistan, even if she weren't nuts and a history of ****ups. I have put reality aside while watching Homeland. Would the husband of the US Ambassador dine at a sidewalk cafe with the ISI official who is extorting him to comit treason. Probably not. * Especially if she is high enough to meet with the head of the CIA. Would a conservative Pashtun leader connected with the Taliban keep the CIA director in his bedroom as he makes love with his wife behind a tent of veils? Or would he find a nice tidy cell for him?


*by the way in real life, a big ex-diplomat and Pakistani expert just had her security clearances revoking and is being investigated by the FBI.


I'm not even that bothered by the ISI official thing, because I've read that as she's a secret backer of the ISI group.


The fact that Carrie is a station manager I've gotten over, but boy that was a tough pill to swallow. They play her off as the smartest guy in the room when she leverages / blackmails the FBI Head into the position, not only knowing that she's nuts, and has a history of **** ups, but she was the public face of what would have to have been the biggest shit show in the history of US politics. It is at this point public knowledge, based on her being dragged in front of the Senate, as a TREASON SUSPECT!! for blowing up the FBI Headquarters!!! It was so difficult to watch that scene and not sprain my neck from shaking my head. The baggage this show has created for itself due to it's constant insistance on eating plot is enormous. And it's gotten to a point where it just disregards the world it's created for itself just to continue devouring plot. And writing off the baby ... at least they cleaned it up. But the other world stuff ... How does he not just say ... "Dude? Didn't you just stand trial for the largest act of treason in the country's history?"

SNL should do a skit of just make believe news skits from the world had the Homeland story ever happened. Carrie Mathieson would be like some combination of OJ, Monica Lewinsky, and 9/11 all rolled into one person. She would be among the 5 most famous and infamous people in the world, and would be completely unable to function in really almost any professional setting, and would have to go into hiding like some Super Casey Anthony.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #282
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude
 
KevinNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,383
Default Re: Homeland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I'm not even that bothered by the ISI official thing, because I've read that as she's a secret backer of the ISI group.


The fact that Carrie is a station manager I've gotten over, but boy that was a tough pill to swallow. They play her off as the smartest guy in the room when she leverages / blackmails the FBI Head into the position, not only knowing that she's nuts, and has a history of **** ups, but she was the public face of what would have to have been the biggest shit show in the history of US politics. It is at this point public knowledge, based on her being dragged in front of the Senate, as a TREASON SUSPECT!! for blowing up the FBI Headquarters!!! It was so difficult to watch that scene and not sprain my neck from shaking my head. The baggage this show has created for itself due to it's constant insistance on eating plot is enormous. And it's gotten to a point where it just disregards the world it's created for itself just to continue devouring plot. And writing off the baby ... at least they cleaned it up. But the other world stuff ... How does he not just say ... "Dude? Didn't you just stand trial for the largest act of treason in the country's history?"

SNL should do a skit of just make believe news skits from the world had the Homeland story ever happened. Carrie Mathieson would be like some combination of OJ, Monica Lewinsky, and 9/11 all rolled into one person. She would be among the 5 most famous and infamous people in the world, and would be completely unable to function in really almost any professional setting, and would have to go into hiding like some Super Casey Anthony.

So you're saying, it would improbable that she is living in a "CIA safe house?"
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:33 PM   #283
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,795
Default Re: Homeland

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
So you're saying, it would improbable that she is living in a "CIA safe house?"


I'm saying she's an infamously world famous crazy person that the show doesn't seem to want to admit.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:18 PM   #284
ItsMillerTime
O LA DI PO
 
ItsMillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Naptown
Posts: 2,206
Default Re: Homeland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I'm saying she's an infamously world famous crazy person that the show doesn't seem to want to admit.

Agreed. There is ZERO chance she would still be with the CIA after the Langley bombing, let alone be the freaking director at a foreign base.

Either way I'm going to stick with it... it's still better than a lot of shows out currently.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:30 PM   #285
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,009
Default Re: Homeland

The show has definitely dropped off from "must-watch" status of the first couple seasons, but it still has its moments and is still lightyears better than most of what's currently on TV.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy