Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Will Greg Oden be better than Shaq?

whats unbelievable was that he shot 70% from the line with his left hand.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
    No they wont you moron. Shaquille O'neal was only so good defensively because he was so big. Oden isn't as big as any other guy on the court that he faces, and he'll be much better Shaq is on defense. Shaquille O'neal, from day one was always about providing offense for his team, and thats not what Oden is about. No, they wont turn out similar because they're two different players. They don't have the same style of play, thus wont turn out similar to each other.

i'm all for spirited discussions, but did you have to call the guy a moron? i mean..there's been some pretty dumb stuff posted here, but that was hardly moron worthy...try to save that for those that deserve it *expects a "like you, moron?" response*

I've known about Oden since the beginning of last season. I knew that that's who the Blazers needed, and that we would probably never get him. I never watch college basketball but for some reason I watched the NCAA finals and saw him dominate even though he was taken out of the game often.

Oden is not as athletic as Shaq? Are you kidding me, the guy was as quick as the point guards at his work out, was dribbling two basketballs up and down the court. I guess I'll have to watch some Shaq videos to see what he was doing with Orlando, but I don't understand why the hell he would get traded to LA if he was so great.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I've known about Oden since the beginning of last season. I knew that that's who the Blazers needed, and that we would probably never get him. I never watch college basketball but for some reason I watched the NCAA finals and saw him dominate even though he was taken out of the game often.
    Oden is not as athletic as Shaq? Are you kidding me, the guy was as quick as the point guards at his work out, was dribbling two basketballs up and down the court. I guess I'll have to watch some Shaq videos to see what he was doing with Orlando, but I don't understand why the hell he would get traded to LA if he was so great.
    If you bring that up then also dont forget about the bad performances leading up tp that game. Oden is going to be a beast...but not a shaq level beast

You must not be talking about the same Shaq I saw...because Shaq is way more athletic then Oden...Its not really close. Shaq is the most athletic center I have ever seen...

shaq in college
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQnbL7BrcWU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ih2EnUeCyU

early shaq in orlando(yeah thats him beasting Ewing, Hakeem, D-Rob, Zo, and even got one with Jordan in the picture

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS5mIncSQf4

kblaze's video on young shaq
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YccKZhc9I5k

and as far as talent goes there is no comparison...Shaq in my opinion(players i have seen) is the most naturally talented bball player to ever play the game of basketball.

dude at least take back Oden being as athletic as shaq...
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 06-30-2007 at 03:08 AM.

KIWI
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    If you bring that up then also dont forget about the bad performances leading up tp that game. Oden is going to be a beast...but not a shaq level beast

You must not be talking about the same Shaq I saw...because Shaq is way more athletic then Oden...Its not really close. Shaq is the most athletic center I have ever seen...

shaq in college

David Robinson

High School Starter

shaq in college

dunks + blocks - at least he'll never come up in an argument for the most complete player ever

Quote Originally Posted by KIWI
    David Robinson
    i said player that I saw...I never saw D-Rob much in his prime athletic years but from what I have seen I think that Shaq was more talented and a better athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral
    dunks + blocks - at least he'll never come up in an argument for the most complete player ever
    thats funny because Shaq was a very complete player...You just have to appreciate the things he does to get the dunks... He post game was devasting the spins the why he read the defense, the pivot moves, the passing...Dont hate on Shaq for demoralizing players with his dunks...

High School Starter

thats funny because Shaq was a very complete player...You just have to appreciate the things he does to get the dunks... He post game was devasting the spins the why he read the defense, the pivot moves, the passing...Dont hate on Shaq for demoralizing players with his dunks...

not hating on shaq at all, just pokin fun ;)

Yeah Shaq was 10 times better than I thought. I just think it says a lot that we took Oden over Durant. Kevin Pritchard doesn't make mistakes, just look at our last two drafts. I personally think that if we were only after offense we would have picked Durant. I think the main reason we got him though was for defense. We need defense, and his offense will develop.

He is good at getting rebounds and going up and dunking. He probably won't be doinig things like Shaq just going up and dunking in a guys face. He will do damange in the paint though.

We needed Oden for defense though. Did anyone notice that Shaq goaltends a lot on his shot blocks in college? Seriously, a lot of his blocks were when the ball was in the air for seconds and half way down.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    We needed Oden for defense though. Did anyone notice that Shaq goaltends a lot on his shot blocks in college? Seriously, a lot of his blocks were when the ball was in the air for seconds and half way down.
    hah...none of the college refs wanted to call anything against shaq for fear of dying

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

NEVER

greg oden has gigantism...

Shaq changed the game.

Oden will just be a solid 20/10/3 guy.

Shaq is the most dominant Center in the last 12 years although he is a very poor FT Shooter. Once Shaq is in the paint nobody but a hard foul can stop him from scoring in his prime.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 06-30-2007 at 04:09 AM.

High School Starter

Shaq is seriously the most dominant center ever...

U cannot stop the guy.

Put Shaq against Wilt 1on1 and Wilt would get destroyed...look at some of the old Wilt videos...Wilt had nothing on Shaq's athlecism. Yes Wilt was head and shoulders above everyone for his time...but COME ON!

Shaq would also destroy Kareem too..simply demolish him.
    Kareem is like a stick compared to shaq. WHO CARES ABOUT THE SKYHOOK when shaq can just dunk on your @ss all day long.