Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 12-24-2007, 06:01 PM   #16
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Default Re: anyone here play any organized ball?

Nice new avy, catz. I play Freshman, too. I'm a 2, 3, and 4, predominately 4.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 06:26 PM   #17
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
Nice new avy, catz. I play Freshman, too. I'm a 2, 3, and 4, predominately 4.

how tall are u then? gotta at least be 6'2" to be an effective power forward. that's just an estimate though.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 06:39 PM   #18
marny_navis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
how tall are u then? gotta at least be 6'2" to be an effective power forward. that's just an estimate though.

I'm 5'7".
Old 12-24-2007, 06:58 PM   #19
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
I'm 5'7".

ah, playing in a midget league then? you just might be the yao ming there.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:30 PM   #20
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Quote:
ah, playing in a midget league then? you just might be the yao ming there.

I don't need to be 6'2" to be effective. And no, I'm more like Chuck Hayes in our league in terms of height. A lot of our guys are like that.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 04:20 PM   #21
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

I played on my elementary school and middle school teams, but I just got burnt out by the time high school rolled around. I am sure I could have made the high school team, its just the motivation was not there at all. It seems like such a long time ago that I played b-ball in an organized league (it actually has been too ). I really worked on my game as a kid and became a decent player. I led our middle school team in rebounding during the 7th and 8th grade seasons. I remember having a few double-doubles during (in points & rebounds) my 8th grade year. Maybe that is why I got so burnt out by my 8th grade year, I went to so many b-ball camps as a little kid and spent a ton of time working on my game.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 04:36 PM   #22
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
I don't need to be 6'2" to be effective. And no, I'm more like Chuck Hayes in our league in terms of height. A lot of our guys are like that.

that's cool. you know i was just jokin' ya, right?
Old 12-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #23
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo31
I played on my elementary school and middle school teams, but I just got burnt out by the time high school rolled around. I am sure I could have made the high school team, its just the motivation was not there at all. It seems like such a long time ago that I played b-ball in an organized league (it actually has been too ). I really worked on my game as a kid and became a decent player. I led our middle school team in rebounding during the 7th and 8th grade seasons. I remember having a few double-doubles during (in points & rebounds) my 8th grade year. Maybe that is why I got so burnt out by my 8th grade year, I went to so many b-ball camps as a little kid and spent a ton of time working on my game.

that's sad to hear. did u have a parent pushing u to play?
Old 12-26-2007, 09:56 PM   #24
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
that's sad to hear. did u have a parent pushing u to play?

No my parents were always cool about my basketball career. Honestly I might have pushed myself too hard. I also had some stressful situations with coaches and teammates. I got along well with teammates and coaches, its the bickering that went on between players and coaches after a loss that wore me down. I still like to play pickup games with my friends, watch b-ball on television, and talk about it. I probably will never play in an organized league again, and I frankly do not miss playing in organized leagues.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:06 AM   #25
marny_navis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo31
No my parents were always cool about my basketball career. Honestly I might have pushed myself too hard. I also had some stressful situations with coaches and teammates. I got along well with teammates and coaches, its the bickering that went on between players and coaches after a loss that wore me down. I still like to play pickup games with my friends, watch b-ball on television, and talk about it. I probably will never play in an organized league again, and I frankly do not miss playing in organized leagues.

I think I may stop, too. However, with the excitement of our team being one player away from contending for state in a few years, I think I want to be a part of that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: