Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Who Wins? College vs Euro

Arright if a international team like Alicante Costa Blanca with several notible players like Pat Carrol, and Mr. Vermont basketball Taylor Coppenwrath, Henk Norel NBA hopefull, Martynas Andasumthin who was drafted by th Cavs and ad a sort stint with the Bulls whos 7 foot 3 was paired against North Carolina who would win?

Default Re: Who Wins? College vs Euro

Alicante Costa Blanca is not even in the top division of the spanish ACB. But I wouldn't say they will lose. I bet for the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by eprizzle14
    Arright if a international team like Alicante Costa Blanca with several notible players like Pat Carrol, and Mr. Vermont basketball Taylor Coppenwrath, Henk Norel NBA hopefull, Martynas Andasumthin who was drafted by th Cavs and ad a sort stint with the Bulls whos 7 foot 3 was paired against North Carolina who would win?
    Andriuskevicius

the pro team wins.

although, I do hold that a decent college program could beat any WNBA team

Decent playground baller simasu01's Avatar

OK, you picked a second division Spanish league team, and still, they would beat any college team. College is nowhere near Europe, the only league you can compare the Euroleague is the NBA, and any team from the Euroleague, even from the Eurocup, would destroy a college team.

NBA lottery pick

I think it depends on what two teams we are talking about here. Some of these college teams have two or three lottery picks and some have as many as five guys that get drafted into the NBA. Of course there are some of those that might be a bust but you see what I'm getting at here. Not all the Euroleague teams have 4 or 5 guys that would get drafted in the NBA. As a matter of fact, those teams usually end up with the guys who don't get drafted over here. So a bad Euroleague team would lose against a great college team and vice versa, a good Euroleague team is going to beat a typical college team.

If it was the Best Euro team vs best College team. it wouldn't even be close.
    Euro would wipe the floor with them.

Exactly, take the Euro champion against the college champion it won't be close, take any team from the Euroleague top 16 vs. College sweet 16, any Euro team would beat any of the college teams. Second division, European teams would be better than college second division. If you take teams from equal positions, Europeans would always beat the college teams.

nah **** that if a NCAA all star team consisting of Curry, Wayne Ellington, Tyler Smith, Hansborough and Thabeet would **** on any less athletic EURO team. AGREE?

I dont think the euro league can be better then the NCAA because where are the majority of the NBA players coming from?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by eprizzle14
    I dont think the euro league can be better then the NCAA because where are the majority of the NBA players coming from?
    That's exactly what I said. I understand some guys don't want to play in the NBA but if there were that many players that were so much better than the NCAA athletes they would be lottery picks and make more money in the NBA. Seems like there was one this year. But Kansas and Memphis had how many guys get drafted???? They could hold their own against most of those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    That's exactly what I said. I understand some guys don't want to play in the NBA but if there were that many players that were so much better than the NCAA athletes they would be lottery picks and make more money in the NBA. Seems like there was one this year. But Kansas and Memphis had how many guys get drafted???? They could hold their own against most of those teams.
    So who are you saying Wins when a top knotch college keep plays a top knotch euro team?

NBA lottery pick

I think it would be a good game. Most analysts would say a top notch Euroleague team would be slightly better than a top college team. This discussion has been on ESPN radio before. It would be very close though. I think there are times when the college team would win.

So CSKA wouldn't beat Kansas? Or Maccabi wouldn't beat Memphis? Or that either KU or UCLA would beat Tau Cer

NBA lottery pick

Not necessarily. How many players from those teams would be lottery picks? Maccabi's top headline is they just signed Rodney White, a former NBA player, who nobody knows. Memphis and Kansas had guys on their team who are going to be starters and stars in the league. I wouldn't say a college team would win for sure, but I wouldn't say a Euroleague team would either. It would be a good game.