Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Riggin' for Wiggins! Chamberlain's Avatar

Default Re: Bargnani Trade Rumor Thread

Bargnani actually makes quite a bit of sense for Philly, playing alongside Bynum. It's basically what the Lakers have been apparently seeking in Bargnani; a floor spacing PF to let the big guy dominate the paint.

Only a couple more days, hopefully something happens.

This may not be necessarily Bargnani related but I heard rumours we may go after Ridnour or Telfair. Obviously Telfair wouldn't be traded for Bargnani's big contract but Ridnour + fillers could possibly happen?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberlain
    Bargnani actually makes quite a bit of sense for Philly, playing alongside Bynum. It's basically what the Lakers have been apparently seeking in Bargnani; a floor spacing PF to let the big guy dominate the paint.
    Fair point ...

...but I think they were looking more for a pick and roll team (Jrue and Bynum) with floor spacing from all those tweeners they have....

They also have (Miami's pick) Moultrie (spelling ?) as an inside option with a 10 foot shot.

I think what holds up the deal even more is inside division let alone conference. If a deal were truly there I would have suspected Philly to make a real serious run at Jose Calderon to give Jrue some back up.

Local High School Star

I think reading the various rumours around the board on ISH and others.... there is really only 1 likely scenerio.

Josh Smith from Atlanta seems to be a "for sure move".

The only move of Bargnani would have to be linked to Josh Smith some how some way...

Brooklyn, Milwaukee, Boston, and Philly (interesting - good point Chamber) all seem to be active in the move. I would presume that Bargnani would some how end up in Atlanta and the Hawks would also pick up draft picks (3rd team) as well.

What comes to Toronto ? Who knows ?

Else no deal will happen.

I said this a couple months ago and I still believe so now. Bargnani will probably be on the roster until years end. I mean, BC could always surprise me but I just feel as though he's gonna keep a high asking price and refuse to do a "just to get rid of him and save cap space" move.

I really hope we don't pick up Nick Young. How many wing players do we need on this team?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    I really hope we don't pick up Nick Young. How many wing players do we need on this team?!?!
    He could backup Lowry at PG and his contract expires after this season..

I don't want to acquire anyone who's gonna take more minutes from Ross. Only way I want a guard back is if it's an actual backup point.

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    I don't want to acquire anyone who's gonna take more minutes from Ross. Only way I want a guard back is if it's an actual backup point.
    The way I see it is that unless Anderson is involved in the trade no matter who comes in Ross will still be stuck with limited minutes. Even though he is our best wing off the bench currently. So with that said, assuming Anderson doesn't get traded I don't really care if we pick up another wing on an expiring contract or one that expires next year. Yes they may take the limited minutes Ross is already getting but if he isn't going to get those minutes anyways we might as well pull a trade off to get rid of Bargnani for some cap relief.

I would however prefer a backup PG, and would like to see Anderson/Klezia/Fields involved in a trade with Bargnani clearing up some minutes for Ross off the bench while either getting rid of the chucker in Anderson or at least shedding a bad contract in Klezia or Fields.

Oh and even if we pick up a backup point guard, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him eating up Ross' minutes as Casey tends to like small ball (in particular the 2 PG lineup).

Nah, he's not getting dealt by deadline, will have to wait for the offseason.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jballer
    IThe only move of Bargnani would have to be linked to Josh Smith some how some way...

Brooklyn, Milwaukee, Boston, and Philly (interesting - good point Chamber) all seem to be active in the move. I would presume that Bargnani would some how end up in Atlanta and the Hawks would also pick up draft picks (3rd team) as well.

What comes to Toronto ? Who knows ?

Else no deal will happen.
    http://nba.si.com/2013/02/19/nba-tra...1_a6&eref=sihp

3. The Hawks should trade Josh Smith even if they can

My point was, getting a Nick Young would be redundant. I guess at the current moment you could call him an upgrade over Ross because Ross has yet to get to the minutes, the opportunity to prove himself, plus he's a rookie. Even if a PG took more minutes away from Ross, the more important thing would be that he'd be taking minutes away from JL3.

Anyways, i came in here to post what I saw about BC:

[QUOTE]The following is an edited transcript of Colangelo's comments on these topics.

On Bargnani, how he's fitting in better now with Gay and the likelihood that he could be traded...

"We began this year with Bargnani as our No. 1 scoring option. He's now No. 3 because Rudy has arrived and DeMar (DeRozan) has emerged. Now Bargnani is No. 3. There's talk about possibly moving him – and again we've talked about it, not for talent reasons but because maybe sometimes a change of scenery is the best thing for somebody. But sometimes a change of scenery can happen just by redecorating the room.

"That has happened with our situation here, in that Bargnani goes out with an injury, we make a fairly significant trade, which changes – really – the complexion of the team in two ways. It takes a pass-first, controlled point guard in Jose (Calderon, who was traded from Toronto to Memphis to Detroit in the deal) out of the lineup, it thrusts Kyle (Lowry) back in – where we had intended to have him. And you bring in Rudy, who clearly is a No. 1 scoring option, and DeMar has emerged.

"All of a sudden the outlook and the presence of a guy like Andrea is entirely different now. He's not relied on as a No. 1 guy. He has never been paid like a No. 1 option, but people wanted to criticize that he couldn't handle that role. I've always felt like he's been slotted in salary-wise as a No. 2 or No. 3. Maybe he's kind of fitting in nicely now.

"If a trade doesn't occur before the deadline, or even this summer, maybe it's because we figured out that with the evolution of the team he is the right guy to be a part of this team. He's been through the hard part. This may be the easiest part ahead of him.

"I would say (the situation) is fluid. There may have been an outright cry (to trade him) externally, whether from the media or the bloggers, to make a deal. But internally, we've always said that we recognized that a change of scenery may be helpful for him and maybe beneficial for us. But we always recognized the talent, and I believe that – in some of the trade discussions I've had – the market recognizes the talent. And we didn't want to do something just to do it.

"If a deal presents itself that makes sense, we'll go ahead and move. I would say that, had he not injured himself early, it would've been much more likely that something would've happened. By virtue of him getting injured and returning with a handful games left prior to the trade deadline…there just may not have been enough runway prior to the deadline to get something.

"That's not to say all those conversations are completely done right now, and again I've had open dialogue with his agent and Andrea acknowledging that maybe it is the best thing to happen. I've said, 'There's no lock that this is going to happen, so we need to make the most of it in either case.' If he stays, he's got obviously a new outlook with the acquisition of Rudy – the changing landscape, if you will. Maybe we find out that it's the best thing for him and for us."

On Colangelo's future…

"There's been no discussion (about his future since the trade). I certainly haven't brought it up. I think that we're, right now, transitioning with an ownership change of our own. The deal was announced probably a year and a half ago and it just closed this past summer, in terms of the change from the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan to a new group that includes both Bell and Rogers owning 37

Serious playground baller DJMason's Avatar

22 minutes, 0pts, 0ast, 2rbs. Gee, I wonder why there are so few suitors for this guy? I'll still take Boozer and his awful contract for Bargnani who at this rate we'll need to amnesty. Just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMason
    22 minutes, 0pts, 0ast, 2rbs. Gee, I wonder why there are so few suitors for this guy? I'll still take Boozer and his awful contract for Bargnani who at this rate we'll need to amnesty. Just awful.
    I'd rather amnesty him than take a bad contract.