Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2018, 11:54 PM   #46
3ball
NBA Legend
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 16,930
Default Re: Players with three or more finals mvps

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
Russells era had a smaller talent pool so no doubt it was weaker just using common sense.

The reason I knock MJs 6/6 is because of all of the circumstantial things that lined up in the bulls favor, mainly perfect health and the fact that the competition factually wasn't as strong as the warriors of today -something basic that a moron like 3ball just can't understand. The bulls wouldn't have had a flawless record in the finals if pippen went down and they went up against the jazz, it's just common sense.
MJ's teams were frequently banged up in the Finals, like the entire 2nd three-peat, especially 98'

Now 3 things regarding the "comp" argument
1) mj's bulls faced much better Finals comp than the warriors, who've faced the weakest comp of any dynasty (and weakest opposing conference)... But I don't hear anyone knocking the warriors' comp - people say the warriors are goat.

2) Lebron had the easiest path to the Finals in history - this is just as important as Finals comp.. and we all know he wouldn't have made many Finals if he was in the west

3) MJ didn't play in the team-hopping era, so his teams weren't as stacked - so while the warriors are stacked, lebron has more help to face them - he had his OWN big 3 to face them
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:20 AM   #47
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,337
Default Re: Players with three or more finals mvps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
Vince Carter is not better than Drexler...that's ridiculous. KG is probably greater than Barkley career wise, but in their primes Barkley was definitely better. Iverson and Nash is the stupidest ****ing comparison I've ever seen. Yao Ming isn't better than Zo either. You're an old senile fool. Sit down and shut up, grandpa.

Carter and TMAC were both better then Drexler...Iverson and Nash were better then Price and Payton

Ming and Dwight Howard were better then Alonzo Mourning and Brad Daugherty..

ring the bell son......you gonna learn today ...
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:26 AM   #48
Smoke117
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Smoke117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 21,341
Default Re: Players with three or more finals mvps

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
Carter and TMAC were both better then Drexler...Iverson and Nash were better then Price and Payton

Ming and Dwight Howard were better then Alonzo Mourning and Brad Daugherty..

ring the bell son......you gonna learn today ...

You're massively underrating Drexler. He had a far bigger impact than Vince Carter did. You have no idea what are babbling on about as usual. Stick to your kobe nonsense.

Last edited by Smoke117 : 11-09-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Smoke117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:31 AM   #49
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,337
Default Re: Players with three or more finals mvps

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
Russells era had a smaller talent pool so no doubt it was weaker just using common sense.

The reason I knock MJs 6/6 is because of all of the circumstantial things that lined up in the bulls favor, mainly perfect health and the fact that the competition factually wasn't as strong as the warriors of today -something basic that a moron like 3ball just can't understand. The bulls wouldn't have had a flawless record in the finals if pippen went down and they went up against the jazz, it's just common sense.


wut....if the Talent pool was lower ...then it makes sense the number of teams were smaller also....that means more talent per team.

unlike from 1988 - 1992 when the NBA expanded the number teams without the talent pool to fill the Gap..

thats why you had guys like Richard Dumas and John Starks guarding Michael Jordan ....weeks before they were playing in the CBA or in Rehab off the streets
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:35 AM   #50
3ball
NBA Legend
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 16,930
Default Re: Players with three or more finals mvps

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
wut....if the Talent pool was lower ...then it makes sense the number of teams were smaller also....that means more talent per team.

unlike from 1988 - 1992 when the NBA expanded the number teams without the talent pool to fill the Gap..

thats why you had guys like Richard Dumas and John Starks guarding Michael Jordan ....weeks before they were playing in the CBA or in Rehab off the streets
mj's bulls faced much better Finals comp than the warriors, who've faced the weakest comp of any dynasty (and weakest opposing conference)... But I don't hear anyone knocking the warriors' comp - people say the warriors are goat.

Also, Lebron had the easiest path to the Finals in history - this is just as important as Finals comp.. and we all know he wouldn't have made many Finals if he was in the west

Finally, MJ didn't play in the team-hopping era, so his teams weren't as stacked - so while the warriors are stacked, lebron has more help to face them - he had his OWN big 3 to face them
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:36 AM   #51
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,337
Default Re: Players with three or more finals mvps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
You're massively underrating Drexler. He had a far bigger impact than Vince Carter did. You have no idea what are babbling on about as usual. Stick to your kobe nonsense.


really?.....Air Canada was far more popular and changed the way players played above the rim....( only MJ had more of an impact on above the rim play hen Carter)....

meanwhile....Drexler cant even dribble with his head up

like I said....TMAC was also better then Drexler....( better prime using your criteria)

2EZ....yawns
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:42 AM   #52
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,337
Default Re: Players with three or more finals mvps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
mj's bulls faced much better Finals comp than the warriors, who've faced the weakest comp of any dynasty (and weakest opposing conference)... But I don't hear anyone knocking the warriors' comp - people say the warriors are goat.

Also, Lebron had the easiest path to the Finals in history - this is just as important as Finals comp.. and we all know he wouldn't have made many Finals if he was in the west

Finally, MJ didn't play in the team-hopping era, so his teams weren't as stacked - so while the warriors are stacked, lebron has more help to face them - he had his OWN big 3 to face them




yeah yeah.... Ifeelya

but I gotta defend Kobe's legacy right now....

I'llget back to bashing Lebron later.....too tired to multi task right now.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:45 AM   #53
3ball
NBA Legend
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 16,930
Default Re: Players with three or more finals mvps

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
really?.....Air Canada was far more popular and changed the way players played above the rim....( only MJ had more of an impact on above the rim play hen Carter)....

meanwhile....Drexler cant even dribble with his head up

like I said....TMAC was also better then Drexler....( better prime using your criteria)

2EZ....yawns
Drexler went to the Finals twice and played MJ in an iconic matchup and Finals

That's history that Vince can't compare to.. his dunk contest exploits are a mere footnote compared to goat Finals clashes between greats
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:49 AM   #54
tanibanana
Local High School Star
 
tanibanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,488
Default Re: Players with three or more finals mvps

Bill Russell arguably has more than anyone else..
tanibanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:51 AM   #55
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,337
Default Re: Players with three or more finals mvps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
Drexler went to the Finals twice and played MJ in an iconic matchup and Finals

That's history that Vince can't compare to.. his dunk contest exploits are a mere footnote compared to goat Finals clashes between greats

sorry ....Vince's 2000 dunk Contest>anything Drexler has done...
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:01 AM   #56
3ball
NBA Legend
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 16,930
Default Re: Players with three or more finals mvps

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
sorry ....Vince's 2000 dunk Contest>anything Drexler has done...
So the dunk contest > leading to your team to Finals?

Pretty sure lebron disagrees, since his whole career is based on Finals appearances and he never even participated in dunk contest

So Vince > Lebron

based on ur logic
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:26 AM   #57
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,337
Default Re: Players with three or more finals mvps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
So the dunk contest > leading to your team to Finals?

Pretty sure lebron disagrees, since his whole career is based on Finals appearances and he never even participated in dunk contest

So Vince > Lebron

based on ur logic


...its basketball Math...

Scoring 63points and Losing>leading your team to the Finals..

Winning 3 pt shootout with your warmups on>leading your team to the Finals

Scoring 100 pts with no video evidence>leading your team to the Finals

Scoring 81>leading your team to the Finals

GOAT Dunk Contest>leading your team to the Finals

Crossing up MJ>Leading your team to the Finals

3/9>leading your team to the Finals
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy