Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who Would Pippen Shut Down More Easily? Bran or Durant

Pippen was excellent in so many facets of the game. Stripping people down low, taking charges, etc. Who would he shut down more easily? I think it would be LeBron simply because Durant has a much better shot.

Also, lets say there is a decent amount of contact allowed.

Last edited by AirTupac; 04-08-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Default Re: Who Would Pippen Shut Down More Easily? Bran or Durant

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Pippen was excellent in so many facets of the game. Stripping people down low, taking charges, etc. Who would he shut down more easily? I think it would be LeBron simply because Durant has a much better shot.

Also, lets say there is a decent amount of contact allowed.
    Durant

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Durant

Boris Diaw shook Bran in the Finals. Scottie would shut him down and make him shat his pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face
    Boris Diaw shook Bran in the Finals. Scottie would shut him down and make him shat his pants.
    get scotties log out of your mouth

The one that you can sag off of and expect not to hurt you consistently.

Durant.

LeBron is a tougher cover because of his strength and athleticism. Durant can just shoot over Pippen but Pip has crazy length and athleticism too. Pip can stay in front of Durant and won't get fooled easily by Durant's crossovers and ripthroughs.

Pippen was stronger than he looks and can guard LeBron better than anyone because of his defensive versatility. But I feel that LeBron is a tougher assignment for him thsn Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    The one that you can sag off of and expect not to hurt you consistently.
    I dunno... I can post this picture and it still hurts you to this day.

Did that comment really offend you that much? Damn.

Yes, Lebron won that trophy because his jumper showed up in Game 7. He actually shows up the most whenever his back is against the wall which is a phenomenal trait for a superstar. But what I said stands pat, his jumper isn't all that consistent.

With Durant you have to be completely up in his air space and he'll still rise up anywhere on the court and drain the shot. But you can give Lebron room and he's still not guaranteed to make it most of the time. It's just the truth, my man.

The gif is better.

The reality is Pippen wouldnt shut down either of them. But Durant is better offensively, so I'll say Lebron.

Did that comment really offend you that much? Damn.

Yes, Lebron won that trophy because his jumper showed up in Game 7. He actually shows up the most whenever his back is against the wall which is a phenomenal trait for a superstar. But what I said stands pat, his jumper isn't all that consistent.

With Durant you have to be completely up in his air space and he'll still rise up anywhere on the court and drain the shot. But you can give Lebron room and he's still not guaranteed to make it most of the time. It's just the truth, my man.
    Players go through bad shooting stretches. Ray Allen did with the Celtics in the finals. It happens. Bron is an average shooter from the midrange at worst. On his good days, he's fantastic from there.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Players go through bad shooting stretches. Ray Allen did with the Celtics in the finals. It happens. Bron is an average shooter from the midrange at worst. On his good days, he's fantastic from there.
    On his bad days he's bad, on his good days he's good. You just defined an inconsistent shooter. With the right game plan Lebron is certainly less effective from midrange and out, which is why I say he would be the easier cover for Pippen if you can stay back and avoid giving him lanes in the paint. You're just talking about Lebron instead of addressing the topic at hand.

On his bad days he's bad, on his good days he's good. You just defined an inconsistent shooter. With the right game plan Lebron is certainly less effective from midrange and out, which is why I say he would be the easier cover for Pippen if you can stay back and avoid giving him lanes in the paint. You're just talking about Lebron instead of addressing the topic at hand.
    It's clear you come into any thread like this to vent. I guess that's what happens when you boast during the finals and end up looking stupid when your team loses.

What I described is any shooter, and any basketball player, ever. You don't shoot 41% from 3 over a season because you're inconsistent and a poor shooter. You don't shoot 44% from the midrange that very season because you're a poor and inconsistent shooter. Bron's not having outlier games every next game. He's one of the most consistent players ever, and he is a consistent shooter. 4 or 5 games against the Spurs doesn't change that.

And I'm talking about the topic at hand. I just explained to you how you're wrong, and how the answer you gave is wrong.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

It's clear you come into any thread like this to vent. I guess that's what happens when you boast during the finals and end up looking stupid when your team loses.

What I described is any shooter, and any basketball player, ever. You don't shoot 41% from 3 over a season because you're inconsistent and a poor shooter. You don't shoot 44% from the midrange that very season because you're a poor and inconsistent shooter. Bron's not having outlier games every next game. He's one of the most consistent players ever, and he is a consistent shooter. 4 or 5 games against the Spurs doesn't change that.

And I'm talking about the topic at hand. I just explained to you how you're wrong, and how the answer you gave is wrong.
    Very nice
    You up late as well plow?

You're the one bringing up events from a year ago now. I'm just saying that the few teams who have played Lebron the best way possible, '11 Mavericks and '13 Spurs, shit even the '07 Spurs with that same philosophy if you want to go back that far, proved that certain game planning came render him nearly ineffective for the most part beyond the paint.

You're talking about stats accumulated over an entire NBA season, which Lebron plays predominantly against the weaker conference and mostly against teams who are out of the playoffs or only playoff worthy because of how weak the East is. But when I bring out sample sizes including top defenses, my opinions are invalid?

Clearly your bias prevents you from admitting the slightest negative thing about Lebron, so I'll just leave it at that.

BTW, Lebron isn't shooting 41% beyond the arc this year. Check your sources.