Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hornets/Rockets/Pacers/Nets Trade w/Murphy, Ariza, Lee, Others...

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Easyily an A.

There was a logjam.....
    Did someone say.........

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]LOGJAM![/COLOR]

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Nets C: I don't get this at all. Murphy doesn't even complement Lopez that well, does he? Aren't they both poor defenders? So they give away a cheap young talent...a building block in Lee to rent Murphy for the year? And pay more? And c-ckblock Favors? I'm not sure why Nets fans are happy.
    They're poor defenders, but Murphy's rebounding is much needed. Favors is going to take time to develop so I'm pleased to have a starting PF in place for the year. This way we can let Favors progress at his own pace & Murphy can stretch the floor for us + rebound at an effective rate. I'm also hoping to see a rejuvenated Devin Harris this year now that we've surrounded him with more reliable shooters.

As for C-Lee; I liked his workrate, but I wasn't a huge fan of his. We've replaced a solid roleplayer with a starting quality PF, whilst gaining a huge expiring contract. The fact we've opened up some more playing time for Damion James is another positive to the deal.
    Last edited by UK-NJ; 08-11-2010 at 04:59 PM.

Houston gave away Ariza for Lee? Nets got a great deal by sending away a decent player for a big man. Anyways, the Hornets could've gotten a better deal with other teams for Collison.

Did someone say.........

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]LOGJAM![/COLOR]
    The new "I like it because we get rid of Jared Jeffries? " Considering we all ready got rid of Jared Jeffries and brought in a log jam at the SG?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Larry Fuc*kin Bird. Murphy for Collison?! What a friggin steal. AND slices $4 mill off the immediate payroll.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by nbastatus
    Houston gave away Ariza for Lee? Nets got a great deal by sending away a decent player for a big man. Anyways, the Hornets could've gotten a better deal with other teams for Collison.
    The rockets saved about 10 million for this trade. I'd say that's a pretty good deal considering it gives us insurance for Kevin Martin. Ariza was only good at a few things anyway. They have a better shooter in Bundinger and a better defensive wing in Battier.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Larry Fuc*kin Bird. Murphy for Collison?! What a friggin steal. AND slices $4 mill off the immediate payroll.
    No kidding. Maybe all the retired Celtics players are late bloomers. Ainge looked like an idiot three years ago, and yet today he's considered one of the better talent evaluators in the league.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Nets C: I don't get this at all. Murphy doesn't even complement Lopez that well, does he? Aren't they both poor defenders? So they give away a cheap young talent...a building block in Lee to rent Murphy for the year? And pay more? And c-ckblock Favors? I'm not sure why Nets fans are happy.
    You're probably the first (and the last) person to ever call Courtney Lee a building block. He's hardly one. He's a nice role player who can make open shots and play defense. You ask him to do anything beyond that, then you're going to have trouble. I'm not in love with this trade, but since our front line is rather thin and Favors is not entirely ready, it makes sense for him to come off the bench for a year to prepare. If anything, between college and summer league, he's very foul prone, and considering the NBA is called even more tightly than in college, it's going to be a learning season for him to get used to all the rules the NBA has. If we only had him, and he were to get into foul trouble, we'd have to slide Travis to the 4. I rather take Troy Murphy at that point. Atleast he can rebound.

I'm not in love with the trade, but it is Billy King's first trade and it's not horrible so I'll give him a bye.
    Last edited by wang4three; 08-11-2010 at 06:38 PM.

You guys have no clue how vindicated I feel by this. I hate being selfish about it, but I've felt like the only person left to defend Bird at times. Then he pulls this out of his ass. If he uses that $4 million saved to pay O'Brien's salary and fires his ass and coaches the year himself I'll send him a fruit basket.

Terrible trade for the Hornets. They only get Ariza for Collison? Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    " Considering we all ready got rid of Jared Jeffries and brought in a log jam at the
    Did someone say.........

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"] LOGJAM? [/COLOR]

Did someone say.........

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"] LOGJAM? [/COLOR]
    Log jam?

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    Log jam?
    Did someone say.........

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"] LOGJAM! [/COLOR]

I'm having dreams about being able to steal Horford from Atlanta if they don't extend him and sending out a lineup of Collison/George/Granger/Horford/Hibbert for the next 7 or so years

Banned

a good day for pacers' fans