Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 09-01-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Foreign Players

I've neen saying this for years now.PPL in recent history have voiced their backlash against HS players and their affect on the draft and NBA when they dont pan out but I think foreign players have ruined the draft and the NBA FAR worse.Teams waste draft picks on guys who wind up not showing up. Guys come over and wind up not looking how they did overseas because the game is totally different.Players fail to learn the language and cause communication barriers.I think David Stern should have addressed this issue a while ago.Even b4 the HS issue.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Foreign Players

The Majority of foreign players that have hung around in the L have been reserve players, some starters at best.

Players like Dirk don't come around too often.

I don't know what type of restriction can be placed on players from overseas, but I do believe if a player is under contract somewhere else (like Rubio), then they should not be able to enter the draft.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #3
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
The Majority of foreign players that have hung around in the L have been reserve players, some starters at best.

Players like Dirk don't come around too often.

I don't know what type of restriction can be placed on players from overseas, but I do believe if a player is under contract somewhere else (like Rubio), then they should not be able to enter the draft.

I agree 100%
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:56 PM   #4
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

especially since you are only allowed to pay like 500k to buy them out.Its really stupid.Besides,the best players in the league are made up of alot of HS stars.LeBron,Kobe and Dwight to name a few.I'm not sayin I dont agree with the rule (i actually think it should be two years or age 20 for multiple reasons),im just sayin there were bigger fish to fry.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #5
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Tru i agree as well...its disgusting what happend in the RUBIO situation. Should not be allowed in this league
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: