Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: has there ever been a great combination of amazing shooter and dunker than durant?

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative
    Jordan was the goat midrange shooter, maybe not 3 point shooter
    Just maaaybe

Default Re: has there ever been a greater combination of amazing shooter and dunker than durant?

Quote Originally Posted by therammingman
    i don't think allen was as deadly a shooter back then
    Still Deadly, but not as consistent nor as quick.

National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

Default Re: has there ever been a greater combination of amazing shooter and dunker than durant?

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    John Starks
    JR Smith
    Baron Davis
    Fck no

[COLOR=Teal]Largely forgotten but this guy deserves a mention as well. None in addition score as effortlessly though, KD is just bionic in that regard.
    [/COLOR]

National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sbw19
    [COLOR=Teal]Largely forgotten but this guy deserves a mention as well. None in addition score as effortlessly though, KD is just bionic in that regard.
    [/COLOR]
    i remember reading that he was thinking of making a comeback

Michael Jordan of ISH

Jason Richardson deserves mention

I don't get picked last at the park anymore talamo's Avatar

Default Re: has there ever been a great combination of amazing shooter and dunker than durant?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
    Kobe is not a great shooter and not a great dunker.
    Not in his prime, not right now, not ever.
    slam dunk champ is not a great dunker

Quote Originally Posted by therammingman
    [COLOR=Gray]i remember reading that he was thinking of making a comeback[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal]
    He doesn't have much left, but he could mentor some of the younger teams, and maybe pursue a career in coaching a la Brian Shaw.
    [/COLOR]

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Many players was just as good as durant in those two regards.However none did it better because none of the player were above 6'6 or have a larger wingspan than most centers.

You have to understand what makes durant so good is his size not just his skills.

I watch durant and everytime he wants to get a shot off its a clean look.Its amazing how high his release is.Thats why nobody in the league can slow him down.Only player who could stop him would be prime kevin garnett and try to pay attention when he dunks he barely jumps.

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    Jason Richardson deserves mention
    Surprised no one mentioned this.

Does KG deserve mention???

He is one of the greatest big man shooters and in his athletic prime was good at throwing it down with authority.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

fans and coaches were mentioning Michael Jordan as one of the best shooters in the NBA after the 80s. no one ever has or will consider the Durant among the best dunkers in the world. Michael Jordan not being a great shooter is a modern assumption. he was not a great outside shooter. But people didn't start judging shooting just by threes till like 2000.

you could find articles with people flatout calling Michael Jordan the best shooter in the NBA.

That said Vince is the obvious answer. And Kobe too. Again....shooting its not just from distance. Kobe is one of the best tough shot makers in the history of the game. And he happens to have 30 foot range as well. bigger gap between prime Kobe or Vince Carter to him as dunkers than Durant to them as shooters.

on the vast majority of usable court space Kobe in his prime is about as likely to make a shot from wherever he happens to be as anyone in the history of basketball. Durant is clearly more likely as you get farther away from the basket.....but its not like shooting was invented with the the point line or that most shots have been taken from there so why is that the only or even main consideration?

I'd say Durant compares pretty well to Michael Finley. both spectacular with power dunks one handed in traffic but not a lot of variety. I'd say mike jumped higher and finished with more power more consistently. but Kevin is a level or 2 up as a shot creator and maker of difficult shots. especially contested long range shots at which he may have 3 or 4 peers in the history of the game none of them being Finley.
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 01-17-2013 at 07:27 AM.

my player on 2K13

Durant's an amazing shooter but to call him an amazing dunker though?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I'd say he's capable of a bit more than he shows in the league. I've seen him do some nice things in the summer and in the little lock out games. No more them Tayshaun prince though. I've seen them both to do windmils and quick through the legs dunks.....and go get some poorly thrown lobs and dunk in traffic.