LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - Child welfare investigators plan to talk to the owner of an Arkansas daycare center where 10 children were sickened after they were given windshield wiper fluid to drink.
Hospital officials say a staffer mistakenly put the blue liquid in the refrigerator after shopping and later served it thinking it was Kool-Aid. Doctors estimate the children, ages 2 to 7, drank about an ounce of the fluid.
All we know was that the individual at the day care had recently shopped and had come back to the day care with a lot of different products," said Laura James, a pediatric pharmacologist and toxicologist at Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock . "This product was mistakenly grabbed and thought to be Kool-Aid and put in the refrigerator."