Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Manu Ginobili out through playoffs, back next season

Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
    While I think the Spurs chances are definitely hampered a bit with Manu's injury, the Lakers will get knocked out early. Oh they'll win their first round match up all right but will lose in either the second round or conference finals. The Spurs are still led by two former Finals MVPs(one of which is having an amazing season) and I think the Nuggets will pose a serious threat as well as a few other teams. The Nuggets are also led by a former Finals MVP, something Kobe will likely never get.
    Please, with Bynum and Ariza back there should be nobody who can even get them a good enough challenge in the west. Lakers coasted through the west last year without Bynum and Ariza..with them back it would take a complete meltdown for anybody else to be able to beat them.

I rule the local playground

Man, that sucks for the Spurs. Didn't they have an opportunity to trade for VC at the trading deadline? In light of the circumstances they probably should've pulled the trigger on that deal

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FURB
    Man, that sucks for the Spurs. Didn't they have an opportunity to trade for VC at the trading deadline? In light of the circumstances they probably should've pulled the trigger on that deal

Aren't you forgetting the Drew Gooden Blockbuster Acquisition?

NBA sixth man of the year

Well, it looks like the Spurs great run is coming to an end. The injuries are starting to pile up on them. Mano is older than I thought. He and Duncan are both approaching the mid 30's.

Knowledge Is Power shortlunatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iTruWarrior
    Yes, he did a great job defending Kobe. Just look at his averages in last year's playoffs.
    35+ PPG, Just because you love the Nuggets doesn't mean you have to be delusional and say J.R Smith shut him down.

This season
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=281101007

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=281121013
    i like how u again bring up last year like it matters. you are so reatrded, how many times do i have to say that last year is not this year. And i like how u decided to just ignore the game in which the nuggs beat the lakers, cuz that was the last time they played the Lakers. And i NEVER said that JR shut down kobe, u are just putting words in my mouth. i just said that i HEARD that JR did a good job defending him. I dnt have the boxscore, n i dnt feel like looking it up, all im sayin is that i heard he did a good job defending kobe, thats all.

There goes the Spurs championship hopes, oh well.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Spurs are going to be eliminated in the First Round of the playoffs, and this is probably the end of an Era.

Duncan suck major @ss in the last 2 weeks, and Parker already took over as the best player on his team.

Why do you hate the Spurs so much? Just because we swept you? Dont be mad, kid. We've taken out damn near every team in the last 10 years. Youre just another name on the list.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I really don't think this changes the WC playoff picture all that much, to be honest. The Spurs were going to win a maximum of one playoff series, imho.

Its obvious you have little respect for the Spurs' 4 championships. They were a lock for WCF or Finals appearance with Manu. Seriously.. take a history lesson on Spurs Basketball, kid.

*posted this again .. show yourself, RedBlack.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by shortlunatic
    i like how u again bring up last year like it matters. you are so reatrded, how many times do i have to say that last year is not this year. And i like how u decided to just ignore the game in which the nuggs beat the lakers, cuz that was the last time they played the Lakers. And i NEVER said that JR shut down kobe, u are just putting words in my mouth. i just said that i HEARD that JR did a good job defending him. I dnt have the boxscore, n i dnt feel like looking it up, all im sayin is that i heard he did a good job defending kobe, thats all.
    I just showed you it.... You fail. J.r Smith shutting down Kobe is just like asking Howard to shut down Yao.

Let's not rewrite the script for this year and make it sound like with Manu the spurs were a lock for the title. Healthy Manu was not young Manu and Duncan was banged up too. Saying the spurs had a chance to beat the Lakers if everyone was healthy is fair, but as the years go on that is becoming such a big IF that it's not even fair to speculate about it, it's almost a given that when playoff time rolls around, someone will be hurt, most likely Manu.