Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: OKC is unfairly stacked

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    How about Martin? They won't be able to keep him next year, will they? Will they have enough scoring with just mostly KD and RW and how's that going to affect them winning a title next year?
    KMart is making $12M this year, which is the last of his current contract. I don't believe he's going to be able to make that much on the open market, so if I were him I'd take less to stay with OKC. I'd say there's a good chance that he stays.

OKC is #1 in scoring at 106.2ppg. Scoring won't be a problem. Aside from KD and RW, you have Ibaka at 14.5ppg. If KMart doesn't stay, you have Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones who'll be asked to step up to fill his 15ppg.

My view, OKC will remain in championship contention for years to come. They aren't "unfairly stacked", but with Presti they'll always be in the mix for a title.

If only they could have upgraded at coach....

What OKC lacks is some older vets that can play limited minutes at a high level for a veteran discount.

With Russ and KD and Ibaka and some decent role players, they need to attact that vet one a 1-2 year contract that wants a shot at a title.

Look at who Miami's gotten the last few years at a discount. There's no reason OKC can't do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Not unfair because cap issues are hitting this offseason. Kmart will walk for a bigger deal that OKC will refuse to offer.
    Just for the hell of it, I hope Martin says he'll agree to sign for $7M-$8M a year for 2-4 years to stay in OKC just to prove you wrong. You seem so convinced OKC won't/can't afford him after the season is over. They were going to be able to afford Harden (not comfortably but the ownership group was willing to go into the luxury tax to keep him) and Martin won't command anywhere near the $13M-$14M we would've been paying Harden.

Lamb and Jones have their development and trade stock declining as they rack up DNP's. OKC is a legit title contender and great team but unfairly stacked, no.
    Right, so two rookies playing on one of the most stacked teams in the league not getting hardly any PT is making them untradeable. I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's plenty of teams in rebuild mode that would love to have one or both of PJ3 and Lamb.

This just comes off as you being insecure and scared of the very real possibility OKC can be this good or better for the better part of the next decade.