Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 09-03-2006, 11:46 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default What direction should the Celtics take?

Do they try to find a second superstar to place next to Pierce (an Iverson?) and hope the two are good enough to carry the team into the east conf finals or beyond (tough to do)

Or do they continue the youth movement... in which case, does pierce get traded this year, finally?

Or what?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:47 AM   #2
boceltballa
I hit open layups

boceltballa has an OK reputation so far

Celtics should try to clear cap space for the next offseason where they should sign a second superstar. I know its going to be a big offseason with many all-star caliber players being available. It really depends on how well they do this season, will they turn into something? Or will they just have another fair year with lots of progress with the youth? I still feel that Pierce signed because Ainge promised him winning. Maybe the Celtics trade away some of the young guys for a proven scorer like Iverson?

Where can I get a good list of free agents for after this season?
boceltballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:46 AM   #3
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There's no way for the Celtics to get under the salary cap enough to sign someone decent unless they trade away Wally World and Theo and get expirers in return. And I don't think that's going to happen.

I think if they can pull off a deal where they can get a 2nd star and not have to give up all there younger guys then they should do it. Although i'm not sure of the chances of that ever happening. Of course they always run the chance of doing what Philly did with Chris Webber, trading for a guy whose not as good as he used to be and has a killer contract to boot.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:56 PM   #4
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

I think they should go with the youth movement. Danny Ainge is a good GM when it comes to drafting players and PP should get you some good young players and picks. There is too much young talent on this team to pass it up and try getting a second star. A second star is gonna cost ya and the Celtics shouldnt pay that price.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: