Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 303738394041424350 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

we need to start planning the ISH league

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Yea the graphics looked WORSE than 2K11 and 2K12 but I hope again it's just the demo. Anybody able to dunk with shot stick yet???
    wtf? animations and graphics look amazing.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    wtf? animations and graphics look amazing.
    IMO they looked more grainy man. Especially when compared to 2K11 which I still play (got rid of 2K12). The actual animations are significantly better but I'm talking about the graphics quality and clearness, which is worse at least in this demo which may not be the finished product. As others have said.. the intro is flat out blurry.

I have two nice tvs and i'm running it on 360 and ps3 in my room. The animations are more fluid for sure, big men move more realistically too and everything just looks like the motion of ar eal game.

graphics though IDK. they look like a pretty big upgrade from previous iterations. faces do look blurry though which is weird. demo.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    I have two nice tvs and i'm running it on 360 and ps3 in my room. The animations are more fluid for sure, big men move more realistically too and everything just looks like the motion of ar eal game.

graphics though IDK. they look like a pretty big upgrade from previous iterations. faces do look blurry though which is weird. demo.
    Yea animations+fluidity of players etc are way better. I mean the raw graphics are what seem worse, although I hope it's just demo. I also have a very nice 52 inch plasma that's about 2 years old and it looks blurry to me.

Either these new controls are going to make it where it takes skills to pull off? Then I'll learn them. If its just extra steps and nonsense? Then that will be wack.

I finally started using right stick faithfully for 2k12. Now you totally change how to shoot and it will throw me off. Anyone know if the shot release matters this time around? That would be even more extra added playing. Not a fan of 1,000 controls. I'll adjust but only if it makes sense.

Definately need to practice this game because right now my habits for 2k12 constantly appear in the demo. I drive and pull up and nothing because I forgot to hold LT. I kick out to 3 and wait before realizing I didnt hold LT.

IGN always overrates the games with the biggest hype. Their reviews are useless.

demo has no defense whatsoever. Lateral movement is gone....Its so hard to stay in front of players.

Graphics are worse and the player have no sense of weight.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

going to preorder tomorrow.

Having played the demo a few times I have to say it feels a heck of a lot better than 2K12. I feel like I've got a lot more control over my player, especially where in last year's game you'd get trapped in movement animations. This time round it feels a lot easier to adjust.

Love the bounce pass move. First couple of times I pulled it off in the game off a fast break it felt so awesome. Bron through traffic to Wade for the dunk and a Durant to Thabo layup, last year both would have been easy pickoffs.

My biggest issue is I sometimes keep forgetting to hold down L2 (PS3) to get my player to take the shot. Had a few open looks I've botched because I've reverted to last year's style.

Defense feels a bit better, but it'll take a bit of getting used to before I feel like I'm defending properly in this.

Can't wait for the full game though, from this demo I think it's going to be a lot more fun. And Lebron is an absolute beast in this, even more so than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by bigt
    Love the bounce pass move.
    this x100

Didn't play the demo. Do players still get stuck once you try to cut through the paint? Hated the on 2k12. Especially when someone put a shot up you got boxed out without any real physical contact.

Banned

Looks like we won't have sliders in MyCareer. Oh well, PC version it is.

Tried to pre-order as Best Buy and they said I couldn't because it was too close to the release date

Last year I bought on the release (didn't pre-order) from that same store and I still got the pre-order teams.

Pre-ordered at a GameStop in the same shopping center. I just hate that store.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    Tried to pre-order as Best Buy and they said I couldn't because it was too close to the release date

Last year I bought on the release (didn't pre-order) from that same store and I still got the pre-order teams.

Pre-ordered at a GameStop in the same shopping center. I just hate that store.
    same thing happened to me...i went on bestbuy.com and preordered through there. They asked me which in store pickup I wanted. I found one close to me that was still doing preorders.