Default ricky rubio mock draft report vs dangelo's mock draft report.

lot of LA fans, incl. me, still pissed off about not picking Okafor, but whatever, it's too late.

report was pretty spot on, Ricky's weakness was injury and jumpshot, and it turned out to be exactly like that. Never shoot over 40%, 1 full season played.. great ball distributor, handler, defender, court vision, offense set up great, charming smile and hot (no homo).

beside all that, Ricky and Dangelo both shared same comment, great potential, one aims to be steve nash, other one aims to be penny hardaway. doesnt matter how much u are bashing Ricky right now, this dude shines at age of 16, at 18 He played all pro league, national game and international game. He doesnt have to prove shit before enters NBA, unlike Dangelo, who's still a question mark.

i expect Dangelo to at least hits what Ricky did in his first year, (even ricky only played 32 games, but rest of his career tends to have exactly same numbers.. he's super consistent in a way..) 10pt/4reb/8assist/2 stl.

I think Dangelo needs at least 13pt/5reb/6assist/1stl for us not to bash him..

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Re: ricky rubio mock draft report vs dangelo's mock draft report.

Whose compared him to Penny Hardaway out of curiosity? Last time I check he isn't 6'7'' with exceptional athleticism. He's an average athlete at 6'5'' who apparently "shoots well" but hasn't shown any of that in the summer league. "Elite passing skills" and he averaged more turnovers than assists I believe. I personally said Mudiay was more ready than Russell to contribute right away. We'll see if either of these dudes turn out to their potential. Russell was projected at most to be a Steph Curry/Harden hybrid and Mudiay was considered a John Wall clone coming out (slightly less athletic but stronger than Wall at the age of 19).

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Whose compared him to Penny Hardaway out of curiosity? Last time I check he isn't 6'7'' with exceptional athleticism. He's an average athlete at 6'5'' who apparently "shoots well" but hasn't shown any of that in the summer league. "Elite passing skills" and he averaged more turnovers than assists I believe. I personally said Mudiay was more ready than Russell to contribute right away. We'll see if either of these dudes turn out to their potential. Russell was projected at most to be a Steph Curry/Harden hybrid and Mudiay was considered a John Wall clone coming out (slightly less athletic but stronger than Wall at the age of 19).

I guess Mudiay is seemed as attack first, pass 2nd, more like Irving to me.
    Russell will be the balanced one between attack and pass, more like Kyle Lowry/Ty Lawson/John Wall.
    Rubio is proven as predicted, pass first.

Banned

Rubio > Russell

Quote Originally Posted by bobopenguin

I guess Mudiay is seemed as attack first, pass 2nd, more like Irving to me.
    Russell will be the balanced one between attack and pass, more like Kyle Lowry/Ty Lawson/John Wall.
    Rubio is proven as predicted, pass first.
    This is so wrong in so many ways... flip the Mudiay and Russell comparisons and then it makes more sense. Russell does not play like John Wall at all.

His heavy feet worries me. I hope he can overcome that but it's a huge burden to have as a PG.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

The pick was dud and anyone who supported it in the FO should feel like fuccing retard for passing up on a talented Big like Okafor.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    The pick was dud and anyone who supported it in the FO should feel like fuccing retard for passing up on a talented Big like Okafor.
    Come on. The guy hasn't played 1 game yet. Can you at least let him play a couple of seasons before we judge?

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Come on. The guy hasn't played 1 game yet. Can you at least let him play a couple of seasons before we judge?
    I just don't like the hype he got out of college. So unprecedented. Neither Mudiay or Russell were "that good" as PG prospects. The best one I've seen in probably 5 years is probably only Kyrie and Wall.

Banned

I think the Lakers ultimately made the right pick with Russell. They definitely gambled a bit by picking him above Okafor, but they are a high stakes kind of team and franchise.

If Russell turns out to be good, the payoff will be incredibly high since he's a do it all kind of player. Plus, he's received raving endorsements from the likes of Jerry West and Rick Pitino. I do think Okafor was the safer pick, but he has a lot to do to shed that Al Jefferson label people are giving him.

I also wouldn't put any stock in summer league play. It's not such a good indication of player trajectory since players are adjusting to the NBA game, and fringe players are trying their best to get noticed. I mean Anthony Randolph dominated the SL and look where he's at now.

Let the kid get a few seasons under his belt before labeling him a bust.