Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Gonna bet $100 against Ronda Rousey

Smart bet, and I love Ronda.
    I think she's by far the best and has won the last few fights without using her strength (Judo).

The reason this is a smart bet is because of the odds and the fact that Ronda is planning to stand-up with her opponent. Not the smartest decision considering she's a very dangerous kick boxer.

So there's a chance.

if you were smart, you should have placed that bet when it was +1250 for Holly. I don't think she has a chance though. all ronda has to do is take her down and its a wrap.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    if you were smart, you should have placed that bet when it was +1250 for Holly. I don't think she has a chance though. all ronda has to do is take her down and its a wrap.

I guarantee she won't even try to take Holm down until art least 3 mins into the first round. By then, the wannabe my already be done with Rouse charging in chin out like she believes her own hype

Quote Originally Posted by CNNonceAgain
    She's 9-0, what's rousey? 12-0 Plus Holm has over 40 boxing and kick boxing fights too.

For the record, I put $29 on Holm at $11-$1 to win.

I think an experienced and talented pro like Holm has the ability to take advantage of Rousey's habit of charging forward with her fvcking chin out like an amateur

White has finally put a worthy opponent in front of Rouse because he knows that 2:00min fights aren't gonna sell ppv's anymore and a Holm vs Rousey II and potentially III will sell more.

Rousey's opponents so far have been pretty pathetic
    I hope you're right.

I'm sick of the Rousey hype, and her camp, and even herself talking up how she takes on men and beats them. Give me a break...

Holm has all the right achievements and the right resume, but watching her last few fights, I'm not sure she can pull it off. She doesn't look ready.

I personally think the other women's champion is a more impressive fighter than Ronda. She is absolutely ferocious. Just destroys her opponents to a bloody mess. She reminds me a lot of Cyborg minus the roids.

I'm more excited to see her fight, to be honest.
    Still love Ronda. Her Judo is the truth and is the reason she won't be beaten until she slips and starts acting cocky. Her stand up isn't her strong suit and she was lucky to get by against weaker opponents.

If she was smart, she'd be careful of Holm at stand-up.
    One swift kick to head will end her reign.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    U R Gay

That settles it.

OP is g a y

keep throwin that money away yo

OP You got really good odds on it...

but it's like my friend who wanted 500:1 odds that Curry scores 100+ points this season. Just not gonna happen.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I always throw a 20, just for the hell of it, on Ronda's opponents. You never know...

Holm is a much better striker.... but unfortunately Ronda is gona show the world just like so many have done before in the world of MMA (or real/actual fighting), that any type of level of even Bruce Lee or Mohamed Ali striking martial arts in a actual fight doesnt mean shit if you dont have great wrestling / grappling or at least defense of it (but you have to know it to be able to defend it well) against great wrestlers/grapplers/bjj experts.

Ronda is gona grab her soon as the fight starts, throw her down, ground n pound her until/unless she decides to just end the fight with an arm bar.

I dont see Ronda losing at all until some Brock Lesnar looking female/wrestler fights her.
    Last edited by pauk; 11-12-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    I always throw a 20, just for the hell of it, on Ronda's opponents. You never know...
    How's that worked out for you so far?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    I hope you're right.

I'm sick of the Rousey hype, and her camp, and even herself talking up how she takes on men and beats them. Give me a break...

Holm has all the right achievements and the right resume, but watching her last few fights, I'm not sure she can pull it off. She doesn't look ready.
    To be fair to Rhonda, you gotta have that kinda mentality if you wanna be a great in your sport. I bet most lower weight class men think they can take the heavyweights. The media also uses one offhand remark to generate a thousand bullshit clickbait articles.

There's footage floating around of her grapple sparring with a dude and she is going all out and getting dominated by this dude who is taking it real easy. Dude is a no name coach btw.

On the other hand, in her book Rousey brags about committing domestic violence on her boyfriend like it's some kind of girl power thing, so fvck this stupid cvnt

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    As a non-follower/casual viewer of UFC, it's always weird to me that they keep finding undefeated fighters for Rousey, then she just completely destroys them.
    For the most part, being 5-0 just means you beat 5 bitches who retired at 0-1. It's essentially an amateur sport. The worlds best female athletes (oxymoron, I know) tend to gravitate towards non-contact sports, they don't have the innate love for fighting found in the male species

Very good NBA starter

im not gonna lie, its a good bet. holly holm is a champion boxer and kick boxer, and thats 2 skillsets that ronda rousey cant match.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    im not gonna lie, its a good bet. holly holm is a champion boxer and kick boxer, and thats 2 skillsets that ronda rousey cant match.
    If the fight stays on its feet, Ronda can easily lose, her stand up technique is shit. I have a feeling this idiot Holm is going to charge in aggressively, get caught, and tap out to an arm bar or leg submission within 30 seconds.