Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-18-2018, 04:26 PM   #1
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Default Stephen A. Smith/ Skip Bayless

Why is that he's not always on set during First take? He's always on a monitor and is taping the segment from somewhere else. Anybody know?

Now on Undisputed, do you guys think that they are going to get someone else to host the show with Skip instead of Shannon ? The guy says "Skip" every 10 seconds. lol
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:39 PM   #2
Delta_Hoop
Serious playground baller

Default Re: Stephen A. Smith/ Skip Bayless

Stephen A. is usually covering some story/game when he's not in the studio, which is pretty often.

As for Undisputed, I like the show and Shannon but not that much. It honestly just makes me want to just First Take instead.
Delta_Hoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:56 PM   #3
ImKobe
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta_Hoop
Stephen A. is usually covering some story/game when he's not in the studio, which is pretty often.

As for Undisputed, I like the show and Shannon but not that much. It honestly just makes me want to just First Take instead.

I feel the opposite. Skip is less of a troll nowadays and Shannon is a more cooler version of Stephen A who knows his football plus Molly's always on point with the cleavage. I know the Lebron dikkriding rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Thank god Nick Wright got his own show so I don't need to see him on there anymore.

Stephen A has a lot of sources though, I switch between the two when I can be bothered watching them.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:01 PM   #4
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta_Hoop

Honestly, no matter what sport they talk about, it honestly seems like Stephen A doesn't know THAT MUCH about the sport. He comes off as that older dude at work who tries to talk to you about all the sports and he's only able to talk about what he read in the paper or saw on the news.

He doesn't seem to know any sport at a proficient level.

Like he can't break a play down, he can't really tell you anything that the casual basketball fan doesn't already know or see for themselves.

It's nothing special and it makes me think, WHY does he host a daily sports show? He's not out breaking stories and doesn't have any connections or sources and he isn't a sports savant and he never played a sport.

So... what is it? That he yells and people find him entertaining? I honestly legitimately feel like he's basically trolling us at this point.

"Let me tell you something, this brother can ball"

Notice he NEVER gets into specifics? Compare his analysis with Max. Max knows his stuff and doesn't pretend to, if he doesn't ala SAS.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:05 PM   #5
ImKobe
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Honestly, no matter what sport they talk about, it honestly seems like Stephen A doesn't know THAT MUCH about the sport. He comes off as that older dude at work who tries to talk to you about all the sports and he's only able to talk about what he read in the paper or saw on the news.

He doesn't seem to know any sport at a proficient level.

Like he can't break a play down, he can't really tell you anything that the casual basketball fan doesn't already know or see for themselves.

It's nothing special and it makes me think, WHY does he host a daily sports show? He's not out breaking stories and doesn't have any connections or sources and he isn't a sports savant and he never played a sport.

So... what is it? That he yells and people find him entertaining? I honestly legitimately feel like he's basically trolling us at this point.

"Let me tell you something, this brother can ball"

Notice he NEVER gets into specifics? Compare his analysis with Max. Max knows his stuff and doesn't pretend to, if he doesn't ala SAS.

Except he actually has sources.. he broke the Lebron James and Chris Bosh to Miami story when no one else knew where he was going, he's proven to have inside sources on many of occasions throughout his career, he personally covered A.I during his days in Philly. He played basketball at a College level.

His gimmick is what got him big and he's sticking to it.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:14 PM   #6
LostCause
National High School Star

Shannon's actually a good complement to Skip, and Joy makes the show even more fun imo, I find her hilarious

Stephen A goes waaaay too overboard sometimes and you can tell when he's just attacking someone for personal vendetta's vs being an objective analyst. Nick Wright does the same thing, and it's no secret he's the David Aldridge to LeBrons Jordan (He even promotes some of LeBrons film productions). So I just take it for what it is, none of these shows or characters are to be taken seriously
LostCause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:01 PM   #7
Hey Yo
5-time NBA All-Star

Not sure how you guys can watch any of those shows. The arguments are pre-determined and scripted.

Sorry but, not watching a sports talk show when a guys "opinion" is based on what he's told to say by the company.

That's lame AF.
Hey Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:11 PM   #8
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Yo
Not sure how you guys can watch any of those shows. The arguments are pre-determined and scripted.

Sorry but, not watching a sports talk show when a guys "opinion" is based on what he's told to say by the company.

That's lame AF.

this

we dults here bruv
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: