Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-07-2018, 12:12 PM   #16
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Default Re: Blue Wave Victory Success Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
So, are there any Republicans rioting and protesting over the Democrats taking the house?

Of course not. We all got up this morning and went to work. We're not contesting the will of the people like the shook left did in 2016.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:36 PM   #17
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by r15mohd
nothing was an upset...all predicted outcomes at the least. when upsets happen, as with 2016, of course you'll see revolt. this was no surprise, so what is there for them to protest or riot over?
It's ok to act like idiots if there is a surprise on who wins when it comes to voting!!

Great logic.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:36 PM   #18
SomeBlackDude
Good college starter

the triggering needed a whole new thread?

anyways, looks like maga jr is first up on the chopping block, along with get me roger stone of course.

Quote:
Now, Democrats have the power to act on dozens of their own long-bridled demands for information and witness interviews and can share their findings freely with Mueller.

They plan to ship dozens of transcripts collected during interviews with the likes of longtime Trump associate Roger Stone and Donald Trump Jr. to Mueller for possible prosecution on perjury charges. They want Justice Department briefings on allegations Trump directed his then-personal attorney Michael Cohen to break campaign finance laws during the 2016 White House race in order to silence an adult film actress who claimed to have had an affair with Trump.

and by coincidence-

Donald Trump Jr. Expecting to Be Indicted by Mueller Soon

over/under a month before sessions is forced out?
SomeBlackDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:41 PM   #19
kennethgriffen
NBA lottery pick

simons a libcuck

it all makes sense now
kennethgriffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:43 PM   #20
r15mohd
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
It's ok to act like idiots if there is a surprise on who wins when it comes to voting!!

Great logic.

protesting, which was peacefully in majority of cases after 2016, is not acting like an idiot - so yea, it's actually great logic and a right

as for rioting, I dont condone it however, there will always be those who take it a step further. rioters, domestic terrorists...but let me guess, only one is not representative of a party, amiright?
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:44 PM   #21
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
i wont say it was a blue wave as a whole, but there certainly are damning moments for the right to be wary of IMO

-Nevada is completely blue
-Texas is showing more blue than ever imagined, worrysome if there's a likable candidate like Beto rallying
-Michigan passed 3 left-leaning proposals, along with electing a democratic Gov to follow through (this looks to have no reversal of the states future path of voting blue)
-FL, tho a red state, passed 1.5m felons to be allowed to vote going fwd...would say that's a bit of a game changer seeing the gaps of under 75k votes between the polls for the Gov and Sen races
-Mich, Wisc, Penn have 46 electoral votes and all did well for democrats last night...all states which Trump did well in for 2016

so yes, a 'wave' didnt coming crashing ashore as you indicate with satire above but the left are in poised positions going into 2020, all while having the checks and balance from the House's victory last night

definitely going to be entertaining come next year's end as we approach the POTUS election run
Not to mention the independent vote.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:48 PM   #22
Duderonomy
Perrrfect

A couple of trends , republicans are more popular now in The Southwest but took a hit in the Midwest.
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:49 PM   #23
SomeBlackDude
Good college starter

monday night governors- 33 gop, 16 dem, 1 independent
wednesday morning governors- 25 gop (-7), 22 dem (+7), *couple races still undecided
SomeBlackDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:56 PM   #24
r15mohd
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlver
Not to mention the independent vote.

i dont put much into the independents at this point...that sway to which they'll vote are usually with the 2-3 months leading up to the election.

for example...Trump's abandonment on boasting of the economy likely drove some away for the mid-terms. there's also the Kavanaugh hearings that had many left with a bad taste from both spectrums of it.

if Trump goes ape-sh!t again leading up to the 2020 election for the caravan, and not on more important issues like the economy, health care, etc, then it could spell serious concerns for his reelection.

there's that and the underlying scenario that many voted otherwise because Hillary was on the ballot...so Trump 2020 does have some ground to make up for this, as well.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:05 PM   #25
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
so we believe in the MSM polls now...guess whatever fits the agenda
Yes, by pointing out that the polls were wrong Im clearly making the point that we trust the polls.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:05 PM   #26
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
i dont put much into the independents at this point...that sway to which they'll vote are usually with the 2-3 months leading up to the election.

for example...Trump's abandonment on boasting of the economy likely drove some away for the mid-terms. there's also the Kavanaugh hearings that had many left with a bad taste from both spectrums of it.

if Trump goes ape-sh!t again leading up to the 2020 election for the caravan, and not on more important issues like the economy, health care, etc, then it could spell serious concerns for his reelection.

there's that and the underlying scenario that many voted otherwise because Hillary was on the ballot...so Trump 2020 does have some ground to make up for this, as well.
Why don't you put much into independents? There was plenty of anti-Trump rhetoric on the airwaves, but independents remained unconvinced and they pushed him to victory by +4 spread in key states in 2016. Now that spread is +13 for the democrats which did help dems win the house.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:09 PM   #27
r15mohd
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlver
Why don't you put much into independents? There was plenty of anti-Trump rhetoric on the airwaves, but independents remained unconvinced and they pushed him to victory by +4 spread in key states in 2016. Now that spread is +13 for the democrats which helped dems win the house.

being an independent myself...it is always what is looking to be most concerning as election time comes close, never from this far out, on how I vote.

that ind vote in 2016 is partly due to the Hillary scenario too...for the first time ever, IIRC, we had so many off party votes take place, even some winning electoral college votes. i think that was how bad of a candidate many belived HRC was, and how much those same couldnt agree with themselves to cast a vote for Trump.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:21 PM   #28
Duderonomy
Perrrfect

Quote:
being an independent myself...it is always what is looking to be most concerning as election time comes close, never from this far out, on how I vote.

that ind vote in 2016 is partly due to the Hillary scenario too...for the first time ever, IIRC, we had so many off party votes take place, even some winning electoral college votes. i think that was how bad of a candidate many belived HRC was, and how much those same couldnt agree with themselves to cast a vote for Trump.
Yeah it's clear the solution is to have more choices and avoid two party trap. I voted for libertarians for the Governor and US representative. If they are on every Ballad and can win I don't get why they don't pull higher. The US representative race in my District was between a scumbag John Calipari looking big Pharma shill and an Ex- CIA spook who may or may not have ever even lived in the district. But still the libertarian candidate with no dirt only gets 1.5% I really don't understand it
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:36 PM   #29
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Isnt picking up like 25 seats in the house but not getting the senate exactly what the polls suggested?

It went down pretty much exactly like it was supposed to.

Im a little surprised the democrat kept his seat in west virginia where trump won by 42 points though. They must really like him. I gotta investigate him. He must have some charisma or something.

Manchin is practically an institution in West Virginia; he's a former 2-term Governor there. His seat was never in any real jeopardy. Conventional wisdom says he had no business holding that seat, either this year or in 2012, but he is well liked and moderate.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:39 PM   #30
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Did you watch the West Wing? He reminds me of the Idaho Democrat who kept voting with Republicans and pissing everyone off until they threatened him and he just changed parties

Josh, man. SMH... they told him to be easy and he just couldn't help himself.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: