Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2018, 03:31 PM   #16
r15mohd
College superstar
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,731
Default Re: First wave of the Caravan of migrants has already reached the border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
But how productive would my business be by hiring these migrants versus an American citizen? Please don't tell me that I should let the market dictate it!

Outside of picking oranges, what else can these migrants do? Can they automatically become doctors and lawyers? I know what you're going to say....let the market dictate it! Ahh! Ahh!


the arrogance...




as for them directy becoming lawyers and doctors...that is unlikely, however their children are the future brains of America...

Quote:
A new study from the National Foundation for American Policy found a remarkable 83% (33 of 40) of the finalists of the 2016 Intel Science Talent Search were the children of immigrants.

75% – 30 out of 40 – of the finalists had parents who worked in America on H-1B visas and later became green card holders and U.S. citizens. That compares to seven children who had both parents born in the United States.

Link: https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuarta.../#5acdd1642200
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:33 PM   #17
SomeBlackDude
Good college starter
 
SomeBlackDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 3,486
Default Re: First wave of the Caravan of migrants has already reached the border

Quote:
Originally Posted by r15mohd
70%+ of them over the age of 16yo end up being apart of the workforce...not sure about 9-5, usually it's labor intensified jobs with long hours and which no born-american (homeless included) willingly wants to do, for the most part

Worker Shortage Hurts California's Agriculture Industry

U.S. Farmers Encounter Ongoing Farm Labor Shortage

cali to the caravan right now:



Quote:
Pretty hilarious that the Mexican government paid for those buses to get the migrants quickly through our territory and to the US border

It's y'all problem now.

most gangsterest shit i've heard in a while
SomeBlackDude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:42 PM   #18
r15mohd
College superstar
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,731
Default Re: First wave of the Caravan of migrants has already reached the border

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
Worker Shortage Hurts California's Agriculture Industry

U.S. Farmers Encounter Ongoing Farm Labor Shortage

cali to the caravan right now:





most gangsterest shit i've heard in a while

dont worry...the admins 'farmers bill' will help sort the shortage in paying for American workers, they say. i mean, just look at how the tax cuts helped do so for the major corps across the nation and employees who would get 'yuuggeeee' increases in their wages......wait, those tax cuts just went to execs bonuses and stock buybacks
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:00 PM   #19
HarryBergeron
Underhandicapped
 
HarryBergeron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: 2081
Posts: 909
Default Re: First wave of the Caravan of migrants has already reached the border

Quote:
A new study from the National Foundation for American Policy found a remarkable 83% (33 of 40) of the finalists of the 2016 Intel Science Talent Search were the children of immigrants.

75% – 30 out of 40 – of the finalists had parents who worked in America on H-1B visas and later became green card holders and U.S. citizens. That compares to seven children who had both parents born in the United States.

Link: https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuarta.../#5acdd1642200

Yeah, im sure theyre all south and central american mestizos and certainly NOT the childten of high IQ asians who dont live within walking distance...


As for the absolute retards who say shit like "b-but theyre doing the jobs americans wont do" WRONG! Engage in critical thinking for just a moment. There are native born Americans who today will go to their jobs as; sewer wprlers, urine collecters, horse whacker offerers, hazmat divers, crime scene cleaners... the reason native born americans arent lining up to work in chicken processing plants is the wages for these jobs are being artificially depressed by 30m illegal, illiterate mestizos willing to work for pesos on the dollar.


"B-but if we abolish slavery, who will pick the cotton?"
HarryBergeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:11 PM   #20
r15mohd
College superstar
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,731
Default Re: First wave of the Caravan of migrants has already reached the border

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBergeron
Yeah, im sure theyre all south and central american mestizos and certainly NOT the childten of high IQ asians who dont live within walking distance...


As for the absolute retards who say shit like "b-but theyre doing the jobs americans wont do" WRONG! Engage in critical thinking for just a moment. There are native born Americans who today will go to their jobs as; sewer wprlers, urine collecters, horse whacker offerers, hazmat divers, crime scene cleaners... the reason native born americans arent lining up to work in chicken processing plants is the wages for these jobs are being artificially depressed by 30m illegal, illiterate mestizos willing to work for pesos on the dollar.


"B-but if we abolish slavery, who will pick the cotton?"


Quote:
In 2015, Central American immigrants participated in the labor force at a higher rate than the overall immigrant and U.S.-born populations. Seventy-three percent of Central Americans ages 16 and over were in the civilian labor force, compared to 66 percent and 62 percent of all foreign and native born, respectively.

Link: https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...-united-states

come again...

r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:27 PM   #21
HarryBergeron
Underhandicapped
 
HarryBergeron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: 2081
Posts: 909
Default Re: First wave of the Caravan of migrants has already reached the border

You mean it easier to get a job if youare willing to work for <min. wage and also that there is a smaller % of foreign born SS recipients than native born?

Oh wow, shocking.

Notice how dumdum didnt adress any of tje points i made?
HarryBergeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:22 PM   #22
r15mohd
College superstar
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,731
Default Re: First wave of the Caravan of migrants has already reached the border

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBergeron
You mean it easier to get a job if youare willing to work for <min. wage and also that there is a smaller % of foreign born SS recipients than native born?

Oh wow, shocking.

Notice how dumdum didnt adress any of tje points i made?

smh...typical rhetoric response. first you try to say other ppl should think before whatever, yet you're basing these statements your making off of opinion, nothing factual I assume? if so, please present them.

then you try to play both sides of the defense of illegals stealing jobs

you initially said "the reason native born americans arent lining up to work in chicken processing plants is the wages for these jobs are being artificially depressed by 30m illegal, illiterate mestizos willing to work for pesos on the dollar". that in itself is WRONG, as per Harvard Economist - Unauthorized workers in the US now earn almost as much as those who work legally. then there's the mere fact you reiterate Trumps spewing of false info like '30mil', when in actuality it is give or take 11mil with a 1mil margin of error.

then you're indicating the bold above..where the illegal is stealing the job because they taking such a reduced pay 'pesos on the dollar', as you claim.

study by the Harvard Economist shows the difference of pay is less than 3.5% between the illegal and legal american. so if we're being geneorus and saying $8 is the legal americans pay, the illegal is earning roughly $7.75.

now feel free to carry on with the 'dummdumm' rhetorics (as that's always included in the response when facts are being presented to debate) before you criticize anyone for not doing 'critical thinking'
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:39 PM   #23
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,889
Default Re: First wave of the Caravan of migrants has already reached the border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facepalm
Funny how Trump dropped the subject after the midterms

It was just a fear/propaganda tactic, but it didn't work. GOP lost the house+governorship by historic margin, Senate they gained 1 extra seat after so much gerrymandering and hundreds of millions spent.. No reason for Trump to keep bringing it up anymore
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:24 PM   #24
Skip_Bayless
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 264
Default Re: First wave of the Caravan of migrants has already reached the border

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Pretty hilarious that the Mexican government paid for those buses to get the migrants quickly through our territory and to the US border

It's y'all problem now.

Why can’t Mexico handle taking care of their own? Why the need to run to the arms of big brother uncle sam?
Skip_Bayless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:26 PM   #25
HarryBergeron
Underhandicapped
 
HarryBergeron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: 2081
Posts: 909
Default Re: First wave of the Caravan of migrants has already reached the border

1. I never claimed they were stealing jobs. They are being employed by traiterous fvcks who should be imprisoned, but you cant steal a job.

2. You just posted some fgts opinion, as to why a study that I cant see the methodology of, finds something.... what am i supposed to do with that asshole?

3. The 30mil number isnt Trumps, it was conclusion of Bear Stearnes analysts. I first saw it published in adios america by Ann Coulter

4.The study that you posted is obviously not an average of all incomes but a select few industries, but rather a collection of lowskill jobs, and they are STILL undercutting natives despite..

5. The article you cited points out that the population that has become entrenched is now much higher than pevious.


So essentially you post an article that claims illegals get paid more, in reality its only graph showing anything to do with illegals just shows they have a lower "wage penalty" than prior.
Every other graph in that article displays results for 'recent migrants" etc
So what youve done is develop an opininion and then post the first article on google agreeing with it? Yeah, you arent a dumdum at all, you arent spew rehetoric are you dumdum?
HarryBergeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:30 PM   #26
HarryBergeron
Underhandicapped
 
HarryBergeron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: 2081
Posts: 909
Default Re: First wave of the Caravan of migrants has already reached the border

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
It was just a fear/propaganda tactic, but it didn't work. GOP lost the house+governorship by historic margin, Senate they gained 1 extra seat after so much gerrymandering and hundreds of millions spent.. No reason for Trump to keep bringing it up anymore
You cant gerrymander the senate you mongoloid. Each state has two senators.
HarryBergeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:36 PM   #27
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,889
Default Re: First wave of the Caravan of migrants has already reached the border

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBergeron
You cant gerrymander the senate you mongoloid. Each state has two senators.

You are right, I don't know what I was thinking. House was gerrymandered and blue wave still happened
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:50 PM   #28
HarryBergeron
Underhandicapped
 
HarryBergeron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: 2081
Posts: 909
Default Re: First wave of the Caravan of migrants has already reached the border

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
You are right, I don't know what I was thinking. House was gerrymandered and blue wave still happened
That what happens whe 40% of the country are non whites who vote monolithically. Muzzies in dearborn elect muzzies, blacks in detroit elect blacks, asians in cali elect asians etc.
HarryBergeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:48 PM   #29
r15mohd
College superstar
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,731
Default Re: First wave of the Caravan of migrants has already reached the border

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBergeron
1. I never claimed they were stealing jobs. They are being employed by traiterous fvcks who should be imprisoned, but you cant steal a job.

post 1...the back pedaling begins


Quote:
2. You just posted some fgts opinion, as to why a study that I cant see the methodology of, finds something.... what am i supposed to do with that asshole?

sounds like a you problem not a disregard the study problem

Quote:
3. The 30mil number isnt Trumps, it was conclusion of Bear Stearnes analysts. I first saw it published in adios america by Ann Coulter

Trump trademarked it on his campaign, however we'll let Ann take the credit for spewing the false numbers.

"Coulter said that America has taken in one-quarter of the entire population of Mexico. Coulter based this on a study that counted all people of Mexican origin in the United States.

But Coulter ignored that 65 percent of those were born in America and about a third came from families in which both parents were born in America. Their immigrant status lay at least two-generations in the past, and America couldn’t "take them in" because they were already here.

We rate this claim Pants on Fire."


click here to see how WRONG you are


should we continue to take your 'views' seriously since it's all hyperbole with no foundation thus far?

Quote:
4.The study that you posted is obviously not an average of all incomes but a select few industries, but rather a collection of lowskill jobs, and they are STILL undercutting natives despite..

lowskill jobs are what's impacted by immigrants, so an analysis that includes all incomes are irrelevant. i mean, please show me where the undocumented surgeon is that's stealing Dr. Smith's scalpels

Quote:
5. The article you cited points out that the population that has become entrenched is now much higher than previous.

much higher based on what? anyone can claim things, without any supporting rebuttal...this one is dead.

one of the few correlations available are based on apprehensions...and you're WRONG again if this is a basis

"Under the Obama administration, the yearly apprehensions on the Southwest border declined by 35 percent from calendar year 2008, the year before President Obama took office, through the end of 2016. In President Donald Trump’s first full year in office, the apprehensions declined by 43 percent, from calendar year 2016 to 2017."

therefore if the apprehensions are declining...it becomes almost parallel to the undocumented immigrant totals declining too





Quote:
So essentially you post an article that claims illegals get paid more, in reality its only graph showing anything to do with illegals just shows they have a lower "wage penalty" than prior.
Every other graph in that article displays results for 'recent migrants" etc
So what youve done is develop an opininion and then post the first article on google agreeing with it? Yeah, you arent a dumdum at all, you arent spew rehetoric are you dumdum?

let me guess google is the bad guy too...fake news fake news!!

come back with some supporting evidence to ANYTHING you've claimed and or rebutted...until then, dont feel free to reply/quote my post
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 02:02 AM   #30
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!
 
TheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: amongst wackos
Posts: 12,117
Default Re: First wave of the Caravan of migrants has already reached the border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip_Bayless
Why can’t Mexico handle taking care of their own? Why the need to run to the arms of big brother uncle sam?
The caravan is made up Central Americans as in Hondurans, Guatemalans and El Salvadorans, they aren't Mexican...try to keep up

Last edited by TheMan : 11-15-2018 at 02:06 AM.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy