Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend

Default I'm beginning a BoycottPoliticalCorrectness biz venture and I hope you will GoFundMe

The link: gofund.me/s4addf7c

Lettuce discuss.

Banned

Default Re: I'm beginning a BoycottPoliticalCorrectness biz venture and I hope you will GoFundMe

**** these pansy ass liberals!

They ain't never walked a mile in deez boots fam!

They ain't battle tested!

All Theory

No PRACTICE!!!

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: I'm beginning a BoycottPoliticalCorrectness biz venture and I hope you will GoFundMe

Shouldn't have given your name.

I found your facebook, OP...https://www.facebook.com/steve.birkin.5

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    **** these pansy ass liberals!

They ain't never walked a mile in deez boots fam!

They ain't battle tested!

All Theory

No PRACTICE!!!

The thing is, they're entitled to have their opinions, as should anyone be to have differing opinions.

The problem in America right now is that employers want EVERYONE as a customer and they want EVERYONE'S money, so they refuse to allow their employees to speak out on important issues if someone might disagree with them or take offense.

This is a harmful modus operandi for society. It's creating a culture of coercion and censorship. And if we continue to support businesses that promote such a system, it will only continue to snowball.

People need to start businesses that are in some way concerned with social health and not just the bottom line.

I want to start one of these businesses, with the idea that if it's successful, others will follow suit.

Banned

stalker hasn't been here that long clearly

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Shouldn't have given your name.

I found your facebook, OP...https://www.facebook.com/steve.birkin.5

Here you go: https://www.facebook.com/boycottpoliticalcorrectness

Like, comment, and share!

Just gave you 15k, check is in the mail.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    Just gave you 15k, check is in the mail.

It's a shame you aren't sincere about this, because obviously I am soliciting donations for the actual startup costs which aren't cheap.

The idea is to just begin with T-shirts and bumper stickers with slogans on them to get people interested, get the word out, and get a little bit of revenue circulating. But if enough people support the concept, it can grow as a legitimate online retailer and hopefully begin to change the landscape of how businesses are allowing their employees to operate in the social dialogue. It's more important now than ever that we allow people to do this.

People have to vote with their dollars. That's what we aren't doing in this country. We need to support businesses that will support us.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

cringe

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    cringe

Cringe all you want. Obviously I know what kind of comments I'm in for by posting something like this here.

But it's something I think is important and I'm in fact quite serious about making it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    The thing is, they're entitled to have their opinions, as should anyone be to have differing opinions.

The problem in America right now is that employers want EVERYONE as a customer and they want EVERYONE'S money, so they refuse to allow their employees to speak out on important issues if someone might disagree with them or take offense.

This is a harmful modus operandi for society. It's creating a culture of coercion and censorship. And if we continue to support businesses that promote such a system, it will only continue to snowball.

People need to start businesses that are in some way concerned with social health and not just the bottom line.

I want to start one of these businesses, with the idea that if it's successful, others will follow suit.

Good for you man. I'd support it

The biggest issue is, people don't want to think for themselves. They're instantly reaching for the KFC, before they will cook a home cooked meal.

Which means, whatever is the easiest option, people will follow. To change people's mindsets is incredibly hard and you have to model it so the simpletons latch on quickly.

The one's who do give enough of a damn, come out of university and run the country. Unfortunately, most of these people base their knowledge out of a textbook and no actual experience in the world.
    Last edited by poido123; 11-16-2015 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123

it's still $0

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by poido123

The biggest issue is, people don't want to think for themselves. They're instantly reaching for the KFC, before they will cook a home cooked meal.

Which means, whatever is the easiest option, people will follow. To change people's mindsets is incredibly hard and you have to model it so the simpletons latch on quickly.

The one's who do give enough of a damn, come out of university and run the country. Unfortunately, most of these people base their knowledge out of a textbook and no actual experience in the world.

Definitely, and I mean I think it's natural for all of us to sort gravitate to things that engage us, rather than things that have a kind of dry, city-council-meeting type of feel. That's why I want to create a business that takes the lead on social issues, rather than tries to hide in the corner from all controversy.

Businesses and public figures have so much power and sway in our world, and so few of them are willing to use it for the public good. Their only concern is appealing to more people, and to new people, and generating more and more revenue. I know I'd rather support a business that has my interests, and my community's interests in mind, and will stand by them and help to be mutually supportive. Big corporations aren't doing that, and they don't have to because there are no alternatives. I think we need to take the initiative to create alternatives.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DonD13

it's still $0

Well then what are you waiting for, Don!?

But seriously, I know everyone here on ISH's situation is different. Some people might support the idea but have more pressing commitments with their finances right now and I understand that. Other people might have plenty of disposable money and think it's a shitty idea and don't wanna help. Also fine. Obviously I'm not expecting every person here to make a donation. I'm just putting the link up and offering some insight on it so that whomever may feel compelled to help get it started can do so. Even if it's not the right time for some but they like the idea, perhaps later down the line they can support the initiative with a t-shirt or a bumper sticker purchase, once I get that established. Obviously the ultimate goal is to offer a wide variety of merchandise, but it'll surely be very basic items at first.

But, Don, you of all people better not leave me hangin! You could be the first to donate my friend. Let 'er rip!