Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    An Icon Forever

Default Re: Dropping Out of College?

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsic
    Replies like this one.

You're a grown man -- 27 years old. No one is going to show more than a passing interest in your life. That's reality. From my limited perspective, this whole thread reads like a device you're using to feel like people care about you.

Randy also brought up something very important . Attitude. A good first step would be to honestly ask why you have such a low opinion of yourself.

I have a low opinion of myself because I am 27 and haven't really accomplished anything of significance of my life. I am obese but am working on it. I am a virgin and have never been in a relationship. I have high social anxiety and timidity issues. I am broke and unemployed. I am getting a degree in Business Management and heard that is a very oversaturated degree so if I don't make it in the entertainment industry, I will have a crappy degree to fall back on. For the most part, these are the reasons I have a low opinion of myself. Randy said it himself, I am a loser for the most part. At the same time, I know wallowing in self-pity isn't going to change my situation and most of my problems can be fixed if I work hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    I have a low opinion of myself because I am 27 and haven't really accomplished anything of significance of my life. I am obese but am working on it. I am a virgin and have never been in a relationship. I have high social anxiety and timidity issues. I am broke and unemployed. I am getting a degree in Business Management and heard that is a very oversaturated degree so if I don't make it in the entertainment industry, I will have a crappy degree to fall back on. For the most part, these are the reasons I have a low opinion of myself. Randy said it himself, I am a loser for the most part. At the same time, I know wallowing in self-pity isn't going to change my situation and most of my problems can be fixed if I work hard enough.
    damn

I am not opposed to dropping out, I did it myself for two years, but you are really lost and this won't help you.

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

It's safe to say everyone in this thread has been called a loser by someone on the internet.

You're focused on failure, but you have to prepare a soft landing. (Example: broke and unemployed with high social anxiety.) You're broke and unemployed because it was easier to quit on yourself using high anxiety for an excuse.

While trying to keep an eye on the long term, also try to control the next 5 minutes. Dwelling on everything all at once, past/present/future won't get you anywhere. Try to break up your day into small segments, savor the small victories, and honestly, it sounds like you have a good thing going with the weight loss, so keep it up. Little successes will make you feel better about yourself, and lead to bigger things.

Saw a basketball once

All I'm gonna say is this: The people that are really successful are the ones that don't let others tell em what they can or can't achieve.

It's all up to you man. If you want it, believe in yourself, and work extra hard, you can make it.

Saw a basketball once

You have the right mentality. Keep at it.

Banned

Update on Heilige Hitler?

Dunking on everybody in the park Gougou's Avatar

yeah man just drop out, too many people doing business management anyways.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

we need more drop outs to compete with the college degree kids that work at Arbi's and Mac's making republican minimum wage of under $10 ======
    GOOD MOVE

Why would you drop out when you can now pass in your online classes nowadays as long as you're present?

Finish school = increase your debt in student loan = yikes.

Take a leap of faith and follow what you want to do. It’s that simple. You situation reads like a troll post though.