Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 01-10-2007, 06:02 PM   #1
gagnants
I brick open layups

Default if Webber is bought out...

copied this from dirkdiggler41's post in the main forum:

10th January, 2007 - 1:20 pm
Star-Telegram -
The Mavs likely will would compete with San Antonio, Phoenix, Miami, Detroit and others for the services of Chris Webber as soon as he is officially bought out of the remainder of his contract.

“If I’m putting myself in his shoes, he would want to compete and play for championship-caliber team,” president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson said. “We’re on of those teams he could make a ‘run for the roses’ with.”

any thoughts on if the spurs should pursue Webber? i think he would be a good asset for our bench. he rebounds, plus he's still a good passer out of the post (high & low), which is going to benefit our shooters.
gagnants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:16 PM   #2
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagnants
copied this from dirkdiggler41's post in the main forum:

10th January, 2007 - 1:20 pm
Star-Telegram -
The Mavs likely will would compete with San Antonio, Phoenix, Miami, Detroit and others for the services of Chris Webber as soon as he is officially bought out of the remainder of his contract.

“If I’m putting myself in his shoes, he would want to compete and play for championship-caliber team,” president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson said. “We’re on of those teams he could make a ‘run for the roses’ with.”

any thoughts on if the spurs should pursue Webber? i think he would be a good asset for our bench. he rebounds, plus he's still a good passer out of the post (high & low), which is going to benefit our shooters.
me being a kings fan i would love to see webber on the spurs really i think u guys arent a championship team this yr that being said because their are jus teams better than u guys BUT! adding webber to the squad would make u guys a whole lot better i figure that he can even start in all on the squad putting horry back on the bench where he is even more productive....

webber can be that missing piece to the spurs puzzle he can hit that 20 footer rebound and still productive in the assists column he only makes the spurs more deadly and ofcourse adds depth to the roster if the spurs are smart they better take advantage of this while webber is cheap and can help them be over the top...before the heats or detriot get him.... i really dnt see him on dallas because webber cant keep up with that fast pace team
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:51 PM   #3
timmyD
I hit open layups

just because the spurs are down 2-1 against the mavs does not make us a below championship caliber team. i read all the rumors on the webber story and baisically the mavs can talk all they want but they wont get him. mavs already over cap, have 15 players with garunteed contracts, which means they cant cut someone to get him. they can only offer him around a million a year, spurs can offer a few million a year, and we dont have 15 people on our roster so i see us and suns being only teams that can get him. all we have to do is offer him around 4 million and i see a good rotation of (when elson is healthy) around 8 minute mark sub webber in for elson, have duncan and webber play for around 6 minutes, sub duncan around the average 3-2 minute mark, and sort of have it go from there. we NEED webber because he can actually do post moves unlike horry, and play a LITTLE better defense than bonner, who always seems to need a map to know how to play D with the spurs. i would be very excited to sign webber, it would help horry stay fresh for making big shots in playoffs (the big version of damon jones) and give tony and manu another reliable option to pass to
timmyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:48 PM   #4
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

I doubt the Spurs will sign Chris Webber because we're a team looking for younger players, and C-Webb doesnt necissarily fit that profile. I think Webber will actually end up in L.A. but we won't know till we know for sure.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #5
despurs
High School JV MVP

We are trying to get younger and more athletic anyway i just hope he doesn't go to dallas
despurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:13 AM   #6
KIWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
me being a kings fan i would love to see webber on the spurs really i think u guys arent a championship team this yr that being said because their are jus teams better than u guys BUT! adding webber to the squad would make u guys a whole lot better i figure that he can even start in all on the squad putting horry back on the bench where he is even more productive....

webber can be that missing piece to the spurs puzzle he can hit that 20 footer rebound and still productive in the assists column he only makes the spurs more deadly and ofcourse adds depth to the roster if the spurs are smart they better take advantage of this while webber is cheap and can help them be over the top...before the heats or detriot get him.... i really dnt see him on dallas because webber cant keep up with that fast pace team

what a load of crap dude were 2-1 against the mavs all the games have been close and because of that it doesnt make us a championship team

people on this board crack me up when they say the spurs are done i cant wait till the play-offs start im gonna go crazy on ISH

Last edited by KIWI : 01-14-2007 at 05:17 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: