Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 05-10-2007, 12:06 AM   #1
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation
Default Should we expect Carmelo to have a sweet 3 ball next year? And more..

I know many of you are already aware that Carmelo's 3 point shot was absolute money for the last month of the regular season, and also in the playoffs this year.

Can we expect that sort of form from him right from the start of next season? Its definitely been a luxury having another solid 3 point shooter (and Melo became our best 3pt threat).

Also, point out where you think particular players can improve their individual game for next season, and who you would like to see traded before the deadline.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:22 PM   #2
BigAl
High School JV MVP

BigAl has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Should we expect Carmelo to have a sweet 3 ball next year? And more..

I would be careful with that. You don't want him to fall in love with the 3-point shot.
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:38 PM   #3
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Should we expect Carmelo to have a sweet 3 ball next year? And more..

He's better as a slasher and midrange shooter but a little bit of a 3-game would be nice. But not too much as BigAl said. My goal for him is to hit 70 threes next season if he plays a good amount of games. (70+)
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:37 AM   #4
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

I agree with you both in that he shouldnt begin to fire them up all day long, but if he can continue his form next year it will be another great asset for him when used properly. Here an interesting extract from a denver post article, with George Karl making a comment on Melos 3 ball.

Quote:
Karl criticized Anthony at one juncture last season, but his ire has been transformed to awe. "He was sensational, and he and A.I. can be even more dynamic together. Melo started to gain more confidence in his 3-pointer at the end of season. It was the only dimension missing from his offensive game. I told him the 3-pointer would make him quicker, and he didn't get that at first. If you make them come out and contain you on the 3, you're going to get around the defender that much quicker. Melo will get better next year."
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:05 AM   #5
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Developing new tools for his offensive game is good news, and if he keeps working on it during the offseason (he's training with the olympic team right?) he may become an efficient 3pt shooter.

But as everyone already mentioned, I don't want to see him fall in love with the 3pt shot. Used properly, it can help him to stretch defenses, as Karl said. But honestly, I'd prefer him to work more on his rebounding and man to man defense.
artificial is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: