Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: [ESPN RADIO] Yi Jianlian + Bobby Simmons for Richard Jefferson Almost done deal!!!!

Yi seems like he's worth dealing RJ for IMO. The Nets can replace what their losing from RJ by drafting a small forward with one of their picks (#10 and #21).

From the Bucks this is a no brainer, they already have Charlie so Yi isn't necessary there anyway. If I were them I'd be preparing to deal Redd to Cleveland for expirers and the #19 pick as we speak.

Default Re: [ESPN RADIO] Yi Jianlian + Bobby Simmons for Richard Jefferson Almost done deal!!!!

Really their just setting up for 2010 and the new arena in Brooklyn.

They`re making space to try and sign Wade,James, or Bosh.

Yi is legit, no question. i watched him close as i had league pass and he was in the bulls division. Yi often didn't get the playing time he deserved because of Charlie V. Plus Yi is only 20 years old. Bobby Simmons has hated playing for the Bucks for years on end. Watch him blow up, like his clipper days, now that he's in New Jersey. Jefferson had a career year last season, don't expect him to repeat it. Especially, since Redd will be hogging the ball. Not to mention the Bucks and Skiles won't be playing a fast break game. Skiles likes to slow it down and hates transition offense. That will work totally against Jefferson since he thrives on the wing during the break. I wouldn't expect Jefferson to play all 82 games again either.

Lookout 4 Boom Herron Da Ballahollic's Avatar

Damn...I guess that means my Cavs wont be getting Redd.

Wow, just wow....

The Pros
    Simmons' deal is one year shorter (summer of 2010)
    Yi would be the most dynamic big the Nets have had in a while
    A top 3 pick in 2009
    A top 3 pick in 2010

The Cons
    RJ was the Nets leader and the only hold over from the Finals Teams
    Yi could be a huge bust
    Simmons sucks

I don't know what else to say.. I am in shock right now. Kidd was my favorite Net, then RJ, now........I don't know any of them.

Local High School Star

Nets should have traded RJ for Lamar Odom

Retired ISH Legend

The Nets should trade Vince and Yi to the Rockets.

Then we'd have the cousins and the countrymen on the same team.

Default Re: [ESPN RADIO] Yi Jianlian + Bobby Simmons for Richard Jefferson Almost done deal!!

Bad trade for the Nets. I think they could have had a better value than Yi and Simmons. Yi has shown some potential but the Nets were looking for a post presence. From what Ive seen Yi is a jump shooter and too skinny to body anybody on the post. Jefferson is a proven scorer. And Simmons went from Most Improved player to just Overpaid.

I think VC is going to get traded and the NEts are looking to rebuild around Harris and Yi. I guess they feel they cant get players to solidify their roster and compete, so they'll just start over, because no way are the NEts in shape for competing.

EDIT:

I just read somebody's post on them getting ready for the 2010 free agency market. I guees that makes sense. You know Jay-Z and LeBron are friends lol. But all speculation, business comes first.
    Last edited by Jordandunk23; 06-26-2008 at 03:48 PM.

Bucks fan

Yi is all potential. He has amazing form on his jumper, but he doesn't yet have range out to the three point line. I think in a couple years time he'll be a great defender, and a good spot up shooter. Whether he'll ever becoming a good rebounder, or a finisher around the basket (he shies from contact and can't hold onto the ball), I can't predict.

I would have been ok with keeping Yi and trading Redd for more youth, but I'm also ok with trading our all-potential player for "win now" talent.

It's a fair trade. One team gets better right away, and the other team adds another lotto ticket for the future.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Default Re: [ESPN RADIO] Yi Jianlian + Bobby Simmons for Richard Jefferson Almost done deal!!

Galliniri with the Nets pick. Book it.

Quote Originally Posted by bonez26
    Your right and what the hell is Rod Thorn thinking...that's like the Raps giving you Kapono and Bargnani....if this deal goes down could be a major blunder. I don't like this deal for NJ if your Milwaukee be very happy.
    Rod Thorn is thinking about LeBron only...LeBron wants to dominate the Asian market...having Yi in NJ only makes NJ more attractive to LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by PK3434
    Rod Thorn is thinking about LeBron only...LeBron wants to dominate the Asian market...having Yi in NJ only makes NJ more attractive to LeBron.
    You cant be serious. Where is the white text saying "j/k"

Moose
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    dude beat you to it

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93269

1 minute difference
    weak man weak,

Back to the trade, this trade shows that the Nets are cleaning house. Carter days are up as a Net.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

So, why'd Carter demand a trade again? Hilarious.

Lookout 4 Boom Herron Da Ballahollic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose
    weak man weak,

Back to the trade, this trade shows that the Nets are cleaning house. Carter days are up as a Net.
    Maybe the cavs will go after VC?

Ferry better do something.