Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Our bench

Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: Our bench

I suspect there is a double agent somwhere in our organisation. It must have taken special talent to take what was already one of the worst benches in the league and make A LOT worse.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redrich2000
    I suspect there is a double agent somwhere in our organisation. It must have taken special talent to take what was already one of the worst benches in the league and make A LOT worse.
    2 players from our bench are in the starting lineup.

When we see the backcourt I think would be best, the bench will look much better.

Baron and Shumpert should be our starting backcourt.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Grunwald should be fired. PERIOD! No excuses. Other teams have done better with the same amount of cap room. My dad and I were talking and he put it in perfect perspective.

Taking our rookies out of the equation...Bill Walker, Renaldo Balkman were pretty much contractual locks before Grunwald got here. So Grunwald can take blame or credit for them. Unless he went out and traded them, they were going to be Knicks. Right now, you'd probably have to say they've been our best bench players. It's really not even been close. So that means the guys you acquired are significantly worse than the guys you were forced to keep. He had the choice to get Lin,Bibby,Jordan,Jeffries,Novak. So when those guys come in the game and stink it up...IT'S ON YOU!

Right now we have a 15 man roster and only 3 players on it that can create their own shot. THREE PLAYERS! Melo, Amare and Shumpert... Maybe Baron if or when he gets healthy.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Grunwald should be fired. PERIOD! No excuses. Other teams have done better with the same amount of cap room. My dad and I were talking and he put it in perfect perspective.

Taking our rookies out of the equation...Bill Walker, Renaldo Balkman were pretty much contractual locks before Grunwald got here. So Grunwald can take blame or credit for them. Unless he went out and traded them, they were going to be Knicks. Right now, you'd probably have to say they've been our best bench players. It's really not even been close. So that means the guys you acquired are significantly worse than the guys you were forced to keep. He had the choice to get Lin,Bibby,Jordan,Jeffries,Novak. So when those guys come in the game and stink it up...IT'S ON YOU!

Right now we have a 15 man roster and only 3 players on it that can create their own shot. THREE PLAYERS! Melo, Amare and Shumpert... Maybe Baron if or when he gets healthy.
    [COLOR="Navy"]You cant blame the bench for the starters sucking. It wasnt like anyone wanted to come here.[/COLOR]

You convinced yet? Or is being down 12 to the Bobcats not enough? THIS IS NOT A GOOD TEAM. It's a team with 3 good player, a decent sophmore and a promising rookie.

You convinced yet? Or is being down 12 to the Bobcats not enough? THIS IS NOT A GOOD TEAM. It's a team with 3 good player, a decent sophmore and a promising rookie.
    Nope, it's all on D'antoni, they aren't even trying to defend.

Shumpert hasn't been influenced by D'antoni yet, so he looks out of place playing defense and attacking the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Nope, it's all on D'antoni, they aren't even trying to defend.

Shumpert hasn't been influenced by D'antoni yet, so he looks out of place playing defense and attacking the rim.
    If you say so I mean I hate his coaching too but c'mon That has nothing to do with the fact that when Melo and Stat are out the game, teams go on huge runs. The coaching sucks but theres also a huge lack of talent in out 2nd unit. The thing that get me is, you' complain about D'Antoni's defense (and rightfully so) but we have guys who havent been good defenders EVER in their careers.But if you want to keep touching the fire to find out it's hot ...by all means.
    Last edited by franchize; 01-04-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Amare isn't honestly showing up. He isn't. I feel like we should package his ass for Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Amare isn't honestly showing up. He isn't. I feel like we should package his ass for Howard.
    You mind me of Jets fans lol Ignore all the scrubs and attack the allstar. Let me guess, you didnt want us to trade Gallo and Mozgov either right? Trading Amare is the least of our worries.

If you say so I mean I hate his coaching too but c'mon That has nothing to do with the fact that when Melo and Stat are out the game, teams go on huge runs. The coaching sucks but theres also a huge lack of talent in out 2nd unit. The thing that get me is, you' complain about D'Antoni's defense (and rightfully so) but we have guys who havent been good defenders EVER in their careers.But if you want to keep touching the fire to find out it's hot ...by all means.
    You're actually covering up the fact that it's D'antoni's fault this team looks like this.

The team should be competing, no matter who is on the floor, that is 100% on the coach.

Stat is not defending at all, and is playing from the perimeter only, but coach say nothing.

Boris fraking Diaw looks like Tim Duncan tonite, but no adjustments, and he was Stat's assignment.

Gerald Henderson looks like Rip Hamilton, but no adjustments.

Even when D'antoni was mic'ed up, all he said was "let's go, let's, let's go".

And I call bull on the defense point.

Chicago became a defensive team IMMEDIATELY when they hired Thibbs, and that's with the worst defender on the team in Boozer.

Boston became defensive immediately just by adding KG.

Pierce and Ray Allen are not great defenders, yet the team plays great defense.

Team defense is COACHED and the players must buy-in.

But defense is not being coached, that is evident.

The system is not involved around defense, this team still wants to outscore opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    You're actually covering up the fact that it's D'antoni's fault this team looks like this.
    I don't know how many times in ow many threads I have to say Mike D'Antoni needs to be fired. Dude, i am not disagreeing with you about Mike. He sucks. All I'm saying is, even with a good coach, this is a poor team. We have guys who we can't afford to take off the court because the moment we do, we're going to fall behind big time. You shouldnt even need good coaching to beat Charlotte. This coaching staff,this roster and this GM need a big time change.

I don't know how many times in ow many threads I have to say Mike D'Antoni needs to be fired. Dude, i am not disagreeing with you about Mike. He sucks. All I'm saying is, even with a good coach, this is a poor team. We have guys who we can't afford to take off the court because the moment we do, we're going to fall behind big time. You shouldnt even need good coaching to beat Charlotte. This coaching staff,this roster and this GM need a big time change.
    Teams lose when their best players isn't playing, Boston started 0-3.

Is the rest of their team scrubs too?

Dallas started 0-4, Dirk Kidd and terry must suck too?

The point is....... team's will lose.

But this team isn't losing because of lack of quality players.

It's losing because key elements of WINNING basketball is not stressed.

I just watched the post game and Melo and Tyson said some interesting things.

Melo doesn't wanna ruffle feathers and actually complimented Stat on being aggressive.

He had that same look on his face when asked if he had talked to CP3 about coming to the Knicks.

"Nope, never had that convo".

He was blatantly lying tonite.

Chandler said "players are mad", and the defensive rotation are terrible and you can't win like that."

This isn't lack of talent, it's the system.

It is not ironic that Stat comes back and the team gives up 118 points and his assignment rocks him for 75% shooting!!!!

Boris Diaw is an 8ppg player...... career!!!!!

Now come on, you've played organized ball.

I have as well.

Please tell me when a player is not competing, and letting his man abuse him, is the coach supposed to say something?

Or just let it continue?

This team has talent, but has a terrible system that does not fit the team.

We were at full strength and still lost, and lost big, to a team that was on a four game losing streak.

Friday we play a team that is on a 6 game losing streak.

Both of these teams may not win 30 games COMBINED, but I fully expect them to win against this team.

Because the system is built for losing.

[QUOTE=knickscity]Teams lose when their best players isn't playing, Boston started 0-3.

Is the rest of their team scrubs too?

Dallas started 0-4, Dirk Kidd and terry must suck too?

The point is....... team's will lose.

But this team isn't losing because of lack of quality players.

It's losing because key elements of WINNING basketball is not stressed.

I just watched the post game and Melo and Tyson said some interesting things.

Melo doesn't wanna ruffle feathers and actually complimented Stat on being aggressive.

He had that same look on his face when asked if he had talked to CP3 about coming to the Knicks.

"Nope, never had that convo".

He was blatantly lying tonite.

Chandler said "players are mad", and the defensive rotation are terrible and you can't win like that."

This isn't lack of talent, it's the system.

It is not ironic that Stat comes back and the team gives up 118 points and his assignment rocks him for 75% shooting!!!!

Boris Diaw is an 8ppg player...... career!!!!!

Now come on, you've played organized ball.

I have as well.

Please tell me when a player is not competing, and letting his man abuse him, is the coach supposed to say something?

Or just let it continue?

This team has talent, but has a terrible system that does not fit the team.

We were at full strength and still lost, and lost big, to a team that was on a four game losing streak.

Friday we play a team that is on a 6 game losing streak.

Both of these teams may not win 30 games COMBINED, but I fully expect them to win against this team.

Because the system is built for losing.[/QUOTE

Not getting where you're going with this nor am I understanding why you don't see that I'm agreeing with you about D'Antoni. But since you mentioned Boston and Dallas, let's examine those teams. When Dallas subs, they have the luxury of bringing guys like Lamar Odom and Jason Terry off the bench. The Celtics have the luxury of bringing guys like Brandon Bass, Avery Bradley and this new guy Stiemsma off the bench. Is D'Antoni our biggest problem and doe he need to go? Abolutely! Is he our only problem? Absolutely NOT! You have to admit our bench got worse this offseason. We just have too many guys that you can't afford to have on the court for more than 5 minutes. That coupled with an idiot for a coach is a recipe for disaster. When playing Toney Douglas major minutes or having to play Mike Bibby is your options, you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Navy"]There are so many issues with this team.

*Buying a flawed core is a problem (2 max players and 1 near max player)

*D'Antoni is a problem.

*No time to practice is a problem.

*The bench is a problem (no quality players wanted to come here Franchize. Cant blame Grunwald for this either because no one wanted to come here for Walsh either).

*No player leadership[/COLOR]

NBA rookie of the year

Amar'e was down in the paint a lot early tonight waving his arms in frustration, and no one could find him. Wide open, on his way to the rim. Not a look. I think Chandler hit him once for a dunk. This team has a horrible bench and a horrible backcourt. D-League awful.

Very poorly constructed roster. They've had poorly constructed rosters for 10+ years now. Let's not forget who our owner is.