Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Russell Westbrook-Biggest Draft Bust

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Sounds to me in this you're comparing him to Randy Foye. Westbrook is at least an average point guard. He'll get better in time he might even start at the 2 and play alongside a good point and be an undersized 2 like Wade, or as I mentioned earlier Randy Foye. Just admit you made a mistake we all do it.
    Westbrook is nothing like Randy Foye, so Im not even going to follow along with that, the similarity only comes from both being molded into PG's.

The only chance for Westbrook in the NBA is to be moved to SG allowing him to play off the ball, where he was much more effective doing so last season when Watson came into the game.

Teams are still going to dare him to hit a 20 footer though, but if it werent for OKC's uptempo system he would have struggled mightily in a half court offense.

Im not admitting an entire mistake, he was more productive than I thought in his rookie year because his ballhandling ability and the lack of other scoring options for OKC put the ball in his hands a lot more and allowed him to take more shots along with the uptempo system established by Scott Brooks allowed Westbrook a better chance than the system PJ Carlesimo had in place but that still does not mean he is worth the #4 pick.

I rule the local playground

Westbrook had a fine rookie year, and is only going to get better. Look at his freshman year in college to his sophomore year big improvement. Look from his sophomore year in college to his rookie year in the NBA big improvement. When he gives the effort he is a terrific defender. He improved his free throw shooting dramatically, and showed people that he can pass and score, something some didn't think he could do. If you watched his first few games as a pro, and then the last few games of the season you would see tremendous improvement, he still has a long way to go obviously but he is going to get a lot better.

Learning to shoot layups

I personally don't think Westbrook was a bust at all, so what if he isn't a great shooter or he turns the ball over a lot, he will become a better shooter later in his career and his turnovers will go down as he matures in the league.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by daboy31
    I personally don't think Westbrook was a bust at all, so what if he isn't a great shooter or he turns the ball over a lot, he will become a better shooter later in his career and his turnovers will go down as he matures in the league.
    Things like that rarely work out, you can only hope that happens.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Things like that rarely work out, you can only hope that happens.
    He has a great work ethic and loves playing basketball, chances are with him that he will improve his game. Hell he has improved a lot the past 3 years.

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

BUMP

ahahahahahahahaha

i cant find the other thread where i was arguing with another poster. he also thought Westbrook is gonna be a bust..

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

lol isnt there a thread where Keith Brumbaugh is supposed to be the next Pippen or something

Local High School Star UCLAlegend32's Avatar

Lmao

Interminator sure managed to be wrong about everything... and yet continue to think he was right about the next stupid-ass thing he said.

Quote Originally Posted by UCLAlegend32
    Lmao
    How many UCLA guys are "bust", you have to be a bad man to play at UCLA. This isn't Duke we are talking about.

UCLA S.T.A.N.D UP

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Undersized SG slasher who will spend the early part of his career trying to be molded into a PG and will struggle because he doesn't possess the instincts and vision to be a successful NBA PG.

You're talking about a 3* prospect out of HS who even in HS was an undersized slashing SG.

Westbrook is a slashing Monta Ellis type of SG but Monta Ellis has a track record of being a big time scorer who can create his own shot but Russell on the other hand never scored more than 22 Pts since the end of his HS career.

Westbrook is not comparable with Randy Foye another undersized SG who was attempted to be molded into a PG because Randy Foye is a stronger and more athletic 2 who enjoys to draw contact but can shoot from the outside and create his own shot.

Westbrook has emerged as a Top 10 pick although he was considered a player who could've gone between 16-25 just 6 weeks ago and him possibly going to New York at #6 or anywhere in the lottery will draw a microscope to his progression.

Russell unlike the other Guards in this draft class doesn't have something he's so good at that it can keep him employed in the NBA,his defense is good sometimes but it's been overlooked that Ben Howland teaches his players great zone defense and Russell is potentially a product of that defensive scheme.

Russell has quick hands and can get a steal or two but how he'll be able to fair in a man to man defense against much stronger PG's such as Baron Davis,Deron Williams,Jason Kidd,Chauncey,etc on the defensive end is in doubt.

I'm sorry but Russell Westbrook will be the 1st player from this draft class who will be out of the league.
    Its good looking back at an idiot.

Life In Marvelous Time

Was Interminator ever right? About anything?

iWANNAgoHIGHER. emsteez forreal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    How many UCLA guys are "bust", you have to be a bad man to play at UCLA. This isn't Duke we are talking about.

UCLA S.T.A.N.D UP

i thought you went to USC, aren't USC and UCLA rival schools?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bang Theory
    Was Interminator ever right? About anything?
    My thoughts exactly. Everything I've ever seen him predict or say has come out opposite.

Shame.