Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Default Re: Knicks To Select Dontas Montiejunas

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    The Knicks should forget about need, and pick the best player available. Then they can use the pick plus Billups expirer to get players they want.

Like...I suggested.......Verajao and Sessions.
    Terrible man....just terrible.

You're riding the hype train ESPN created for Varejao when LeBron was creating open looks for him.

You can find a Varejao anywhere. Sessions can ball but him and Sideshow Bob aren't worth losing a shot at Chris Paul over.
    Last edited by NewYorkNoPicks; 05-19-2011 at 11:45 PM.

Banned

why the hell did the knicks trade brewer and randolph? thats 2 assets right there

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    why the hell did the knicks trade brewer and randolph? thats 2 assets right there
    here ill repost what i said on the 2nd page:

"Trading Anthony Randolph was almost as big a mistake as trading all those picks for Eddy Curry.

It was D'Antoni's call.

Walsh said when he picked 6th in 2008 it was between Randolph and Gallinari, and when he got to acquire AR he was ecstatic.

But D'Antoni didn't play him because he couldn't shoot 3's.

I hope no other team (except maybe the Heat ) get infected with the D'Antoni cancer when we eventually fire him. The guy is as stubborn as they come, can only coach one way, and can't judge talent for sh!t. He's almost as destructive as Larry Brown.."

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Terrible man....just terrible.

You're riding the hype train ESPN created for those guys when LeBron was creating shots for them.

You can find a Varejao anywhere. Sessions can ball but him and Sideshow Bob aren't worth losing a shot at Chris Paul over.
    LeBron was creating shots for Varejao?

That is a very odd statement, considering Varejao best traits have nothing to do with scoring. He is an excellent defensive big, very athletic for his size and a very good rebounder. He is also one of the best in the league at drawing charges and getting an opponent's front-court in foul trouble. He is versatile and can play/defend either 4s or 5s.

How, exactly, did LeBron James have anything to do with that skillset? One of the biggest reasons that the Cavs were one of the best defensive teams year-in and year-out during the James era was the defensive versatility of Varejao.

He is also an excellent offensive rebounder and he'll get you a lot of extra possessions.

Sessions never even played with LeBron James, so that is obviously moot, as well.

He is a nice young combo guard... Had a month this past season where he averaged 20 points and 10 assists on 50+% from the field. Even with Baron Davis cutting significantly into his minutes during the second half of the season, Sessions finished with a career high season average of 13+ points and 5+ assists on 47% from the field (excellent efficiency for a perimeter player).

Sessions and Varejao are both very nice commodities for the Cavs. In fact, I'm wondering what the Knicks can offer that would even make the Cavs consider trading them?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    LeBron was creating shots for Varejao?

That is a very odd statement, considering Varejao best traits have nothing to do with scoring. He is an excellent defensive big, very athletic for his size and a very good rebounder. He is also one of the best in the league at drawing charges and getting an opponent's front-court in foul trouble. He is versatile and can play/defend either 4s or 5s.

How, exactly, did LeBron James have anything to do with that skillset? One of the biggest reasons that the Cavs were one of the best defensive teams year-in and year-out during the James era was the defensive versatility of Varejao.

He is also an excellent offensive rebounder and he'll get you a lot of extra possessions.

Sessions never even played with LeBron James, so that is obviously moot, as well.

He is a nice young combo guard... Had a month this past season where he averaged 20 points and 10 assists on 50+% from the field. Even with Baron Davis cutting significantly into his minutes during the second half of the season, Sessions finished with a career high season average of 13+ points and 5+ assists on 47% from the field (excellent efficiency for a perimeter player).

Sessions and Varejao are both very nice commodities for the Cavs. In fact, I'm wondering what the Knicks can offer that would even make the Cavs consider trading them?
    not going to read all that especially since I know I'm correct.

But for your sake I'll word it better: creating open lanes for Varejao to finish around the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    The Knicks should forget about need, and pick the best player available. Then they can use the pick plus Billups expirer to get players they want.

Like...I suggested.......Verajao and Sessions.
    What are you giving up for Varejao and Sessions?

What are you giving up for Varejao and Sessions?
    Absolutely nothing.

We're not wasting next years $15 mill in cap room over a bench player/energy guy, and a starting calibur but middle of the road point guard

Banned

But for your sake I'll word it better: creating open lanes for Varejao to finish around the rim.
    u wrong bruh. Varejao was making the same cutting plays without lebron this year. Not to mention he is a better offensive player than u give him credit for. Watch his oversseas tapes and youll see. He has a decent 15 foot jumper and has a couple nice moves in the post

But, his game is not about scoring... Actually, it has absolutely nothing to do with scoring. And, good luck finding a 7-footer with a huge wingspan and is athletic/big enough to defend 4s/5s and give your team an incredible amount of second-chance points... as well as running the floor with guards.

You know, there are some players that offer assets other than simply putting the ball in the basket. I know it is a crazy concept, but those kind of players do actually exist.

But, don't worry... The Knicks don't have anything outside of their big two that I would even consider giving up for a tandem of Varejao/Sessions.

Absolutely nothing.
    Yeah... I feel the same way.

You have nothing I would want for two quality assets. All of your intriguing pieces are now playing for Denver.

NBA rookie of the year

here ill repost what i said on the 2nd page:

"Trading Anthony Randolph was almost as big a mistake as trading all those picks for Eddy Curry.

It was D'Antoni's call.

Walsh said when he picked 6th in 2008 it was between Randolph and Gallinari, and when he got to acquire AR he was ecstatic.

But D'Antoni didn't play him because he couldn't shoot 3's.

I hope no other team (except maybe the Heat ) get infected with the D'Antoni cancer when we eventually fire him. The guy is as stubborn as they come, can only coach one way, and can't judge talent for sh!t. He's almost as destructive as Larry Brown.."

D'antoni didn't play him because he couldn't do anything. He looked like a retarded five year old when he was in a Knicks uniform. Played himself completely out of the rotation. Good riddance to that idiot.

But, his game is not about scoring... Actually, it has absolutely nothing to do with scoring. And, good luck finding a 7-footer with a huge wingspan and is athletic/big enough to defend 4s/5s and give your team an incredible amount of second-chance points... as well as running the floor with guards.

You know, there are some players that offer assets other than simply putting the ball in the basket. I know it is a crazy concept, but those kind of players do actually exist.

But, don't worry... The Knicks don't have anything outside of their big two that I would even consider giving up for a tandem of Varejao/Sessions.

lmaoooo way to overrate your players. Seeing things with rose colored glasses ever since you got the 1st pick I see.

you can find an Anderson Varejao with a 2nd round pick. In fact I'd rather have Rony Turiaf than Varejao anyway.

Chill out Clevlander with your Napoleon complex

lmaoooo way to overrate your players. Seeing things with rose colored glasses ever since you got the 1st pick I see.

you can find an Anderson Varejao with a 2nd round pick. In fact I'd rather have Rony Turiaf than Varejao anyway.

Chill out Clevlander with your Napoleon complex
    Yep... And you keep rating players strictly based on how many points they score.

Dumbass.

The fact that you would even bring up scoring when discussing Varejao's strengths shows your lack of bball knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter

D'antoni didn't play him because he couldn't do anything. He looked like a retarded five year old when he was in a Knicks uniform. Played himself completely out of the rotation. Good riddance to that idiot.
    If you've ever played or coached basketball you'd know that certain players lose confidence easily, and once it's lost they play tentatively. they second guess their decisions, and play scared, with the fear of being benched at the sign of any mistake.

Also heres another flaw in a lot of Knick fans logic regarding AR:

-If the guy is 21 years old....and just a few months prior he was probably the most coveted young prospect in the league BASED ON HIS PLAY ON THE COURT NOT JUST *possible potential*....you really think he lost it all in 5 months? He's 21 not 39....

-Rod Thorn, legendary GM, praised Donnie Walsh when he acquired him noting that he personally tried to acquire AR for over 2 years to no avail.

NBA rookie of the year

Varejao's not a bad player. I don't think I'd want him starting next to Amar'e, but if he's your back up center, you're probably in good shape. He killed the Knicks this year.